Will Mine > Totem work in 1.2?

I remember recently finding a post by mark that said that Mine > Trap wont work the way it used to (Double dipping passives/ Applying both multipliers to the spell)

The logic was that the entity actually firing off the spell was only the trap, and no longer the mine, but will this logic necessarily apply to Totems?

Will the 30~50% 'More' Damage bonus apply to a Totem summoned by a mine?
Pretty sure this won't work anymore.

You can still use a totem summon minions though, of course.

Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
only whats listed on the support gem. ie, mine passives won't add to totem passives for the totem made from a mine.
"
ScarletDevil wrote:
I remember recently finding a post by mark that said that Mine > Trap wont work the way it used to (Double dipping passives/ Applying both multipliers to the spell)

The logic was that the entity actually firing off the spell was only the trap, and no longer the mine, but will this logic necessarily apply to Totems?

No.
Mine damage will only apply to damage dealt directly by the mine doing something. If the mine summons a totem, then anything that gets damaged by the totem being summoned (hint: this will be nothing) would be affected by mine damage, because that's something the mine is doing.

One the totem is summoned and starts using skill, those are clearly not skills used by a mine, and will not benefit from mine damage modifiers.
Thanks Mark! Glad to know my answer was indeed correct! <3
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
ScarletDevil wrote:

No.
Mine damage will only apply to damage dealt directly by the mine doing something. If the mine summons a totem, then anything that gets damaged by the totem being summoned (hint: this will be nothing) would be affected by mine damage, because that's something the mine is doing.

One the totem is summoned and starts using skill, those are clearly not skills used by a mine, and will not benefit from mine damage modifiers.

So by this logic... And i remember something being said about Mines not giving Zombies any damage boost (Because the damage wasnt being done by the zombie being summoned, rather by a skill the zombie was using.)

Wouldnt totems give no damage penalty to minions summoned by them? Or will that be a exception due to balance? Or do totems somehow work differently?

No damage penalty Totems with raging spirits sounds really strong.
The damage penalty of the totem support gem is (and will remain) less damage, not less totem damage - it's not specific to stuff done by the totem, because it's also intended to counteract the fact that the totem support lets you get the effect of the skill multiple times while paying only once.
The damage bonuses of the Trap and Mine supports will be changing to trap damage and mine damage specifically, and will thus only apply to things done by the trap/mine.
Now i'm confused. Thinking about the cloud created by poison arrow. I vaguely remember reading that this cloud is affected by "increased projectile damage". But the cloud is not actually a projectile. Is my memory wrong, or is this about to be changed as well?
Will this be the case for minions summoned by a mine/trap, too? Like zombies or spectres linked to a remote mine support and raised via mine detonation, for example.
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
Will this be the case for minions summoned by a mine/trap, too? Like zombies or spectres linked to a remote mine support and raised via mine detonation, for example.
Yes. The minions are using a melee attack (or ranged attack or spell in the case of spectres) which is not being used by a mine or trap, and is thus not mine/trap damage.

This is similar to and now consistent with the fact that Raise Zombie is a spell, but the Zombies deal attack damage, and are not affected by increased spell damage, because the attack they use is not a spell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info