1.1.5c Has Introduced New Vampiric and Shield Microtransactions!

"
Odoakar wrote:
And I've spent my share of money on PoE, so it's not like I'm a cheapstake. I just don't want to be treated like an idiot.

To an extent, this is how I feel regarding PoE's MTXs.

I love the game, and obviously it's free; that shouldn't even be part of the argument. I've supported GGG within my means in the past, and bought a few MTXs that I considered to be cool and affordable.

But 36 USD for one skin set completely shatters my "willing suspension of money-saving". Not only do I find the price extremely high by itself, it almost makes me consider whether I should even buy the other, cheaper MTXs at all. It has a kind of eye-opening effect on me, making me think "Woah this is going too far, I better just save my monies for other stuff".

I feel that as the price of any single MTX approaches the price of one, fully fledged, potentially AAA, game (or several other good quality indie games), it triggers some negative psychological response in me, resulting in the withholding of my wallet.

Then again, I understand that these skin sets are probably just not marketed for the likes of me.

It's just that, deep inside, I want to participate in the pointless character beautification game, but these prices are simply prohibitive for me.

P.S.: Pants.
Last edited by Hubologist on Jul 16, 2014, 3:45:01 PM
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
ballox wrote:
rejoice like children because of some stupid graphics
do something with the desync in game, and optimize the end of this game,
people leave because they no longer put up with the lag

+1

LOL
All you guys are wasting your money like girls with their dolls.
Who cares about microtransactions when we still have desync, very limited end game content and lot of flippers and scammers who abuse of that incomplete trade system?

I like to play dress up with my toons then I brush their hair while singing 'call me maybe'.
But seriously is it wasting money? Imo it's important to contribute to a game that is free so that people who are less fortunate can enjoy expanded content too.

P.S. Now that song is stuck in your head...no thank you required.

Also, also, If MTX prices are to high you can wait for sales. Or donate a little every month and save up for the MTX's that are a little more pricey. The advantage of buying a little at a time and saving is that the longer it has been since an MTX has been released the more likely the MTX you want will go on sale. So it is possible to contribute and save money at the same time; if you're patient.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jul 16, 2014, 5:50:39 PM
For those curious of the full in-game Vampiric Armour Set:

♫ヽ(゜∇゜ヽ)♪Looks fittingly tasteful, especially on Duelist class.♬(ノ゜∇゜)ノ♩
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael