Leary's Manly Ms CoC Fs Party Tank

Ms CoC Fs Party Tank version (the mara one)

Disclaimer

1. This build requires flask skills and good monster mod reading

2. Its tough to gear, if no experience on gearing, this is not the build for you, yet.

3. Its fun and pretty full of potential though. It even has the potential of doing atziri if having gear.

Hii guys, if you came to here, it might be because of the following reasons:

1. You dont know what the abbreviations are.

Molten strike, triggering cast on crit flame surge.

2. You are interesting in why Cast on crit is a party build and tanky.

Flame surge is not a heavy data skill like AB and Fireball. Its very light on any pc
Also, you are using leech/LgoH and should get close to 20% life gain per second, maybe even over it with LgoH

You are sincerely interested in doing a wacky build, if so, you are at the right place my friend

How did I came to this crazy idea?

First of all. I like Flame Surge a lot. So i wanted to use it as best as i could. I started out by analyzing the skill. We start of
with a good high dmg but low AoE and the special two mods:

Cannot ignite and 50% more dmg against burning enemies.

This means 2 things. first of all, we need some way to burn enemies, meaning a secondary skill, and igniting is either done through chance
to ignite, or crit. I went the crit route because i like how crit scales. Then, i realized Cast on Crit would combine a skill that ignites
with flame surge into one skill while also incorporating the crit.

Then i wanted to find a good skill to trigger FS. Basically, FS is a melee spell, kind of, meaning i was looking for a melee skill. Neither
ST or Bow skills would work anyways for me, since they tend to have problems hitting in melee range. I chose for MS here,
because you want CoC to trigger as much as possible, which is happening with molten strike due to a lot of projectiles. LS was another
consideration, but it cant shotgun, so i decided to go for shotgunning. right now, the combination is perfect.

Ways to go

Basically, ive found 2 viable and 1 semiviable way to go.

1. Shadow full crit glass cannon (this is semiviable, really reliable on offense and flasks + IC, not recommended for anyone who isnt
used to hardcore multitasking)

2. Shadow/ranger EB IR MoM (Much crit and damage mitigation but low max res)

3. Tanky Mara IR (high Max res and phys reduc + life, lower dmg)

How to level

You can level any way you want, but molten strike will be most efficient with any of the tree's, just because its an op skill. Thats all, im not gonna
elaborate on leveling a mapping build

Shadow full crit Glass Cannon

This is how I first build this. It requires a lot of skills, but if you love a challenge for a fun build, its possible.

Gearing

Use a 1hand dagger with high aps and base crit chance. Global crit and crit multi, spell crit are nice. Flat cold dmg
will be really useful in regards of gearing jewellery.

Use saffell's frame or Lioneye's remorse or just a high armor life shield. Your pick, but you need either life + armor or saffels (the only shield
that is better than life + armor)

Gloves Maligaro's or Atziri's Acuity obviously. (corrupting them with ele weak on hit :D)

Three dragons is insane since flame surge will give shock stacks and flat cold on gear will give ignite for you anyways.
(better is CoC corrupted BoR but damn expensive)

Carcass Jack for survivability, Infernal mantle for insane dps.

Rings: Diamonds with Acc, Res and life. Crit multi is bonus.
Ammy: Stone of Lazhwar/The anvil corrupted with 1% fire leech pref.

Doryani's invitation Fire.

Boots with Res and life.

skills

Main skill:

Ms - CoC - Fs - Gmp - Pcoc - inc Crit multi

Aura's: Red mana - PoF - PoL - Tempest Shield for Infernal mantle (will keep you above low mana)
Red mana - PoF - PoL - Haste for Carcass Jack

Defensive:

Immortall call - Inc Duration - Fast Cast - Enhance

Enduring Cry - Spell echo - Fast cast/Inc AoE

Movement:

Whirling blades - FA

Support:

Crit weakness

4 slots left to level stuff/ Vaal skill : Vaal Cyclone - CoC - Fs - LgoH

passive tree

Current Gear on this char:

Tanky Mara IR

Im doing this right now in the 1month. Its really tanky but the damage is significantly lower until you get to a high level and get GG gear.

Gearing

Use 2 ungil's Gauche until you can get 1 Doryani's Sceptre for maps. (1-1 split is best since you dont want to drop all your block chance)
Try to corrupt +1% fire leech on the gauches (they are really cheap so shouldnt be hard)

Maligaro's or Atziri gloves again. Again ele weak on hit corrupt is OP

Three Dragons again. BoR Op too if CoC corruption. (links: Ms - Gmp - Fs - Pcoc/LL)

Carcass Jack

Rings: Diamonds with Acc, Res and life. Crit multi is bonus, Mana/mana regen a must unless you can afford running clarity on life.
Ammy: Stone of Lazhwar/The anvil corrupted with 1% fire leech pref. (anvil pref after switching to 1 doryani)

Doryani's Invitation.

Rainbows/GG boots. You have room for Rainbows on this build since you will have good phys mitigation.

Skills

Main skill:

Ms - CoC - Fs - Gmp - Pcoc - LL/LgoH (whichever gives higher life recovery)

Aura's: PoF - PoL - Grace - Red mana

Defensive:

Immortall call - Inc Duration - Fast Cast - Enhance

Enduring Cry - Spell echo - Fast cast/Inc AoE

Movement:

Whirling blades - FA

Support:

Crit weakness

4 slots left to level stuff/ Vaal skill : Vaal Cyclone - CoC - Fs - LgoH

Current Gear:

Current Passive tree:

lvl 86 mara tree

Work in progress
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Last edited by leary93 on Aug 2, 2014, 4:56:07 AM
updated the mara tree's and gear. doing maps up till 76 pretty ok, but still need a 6link to get that true good clear-speed.
Threw in a shadow tree, shadow gear and 2 Vaal fight videos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info