How is the crafting system?

Can anyone tell me how deep the crafting system is, if you get a rare weapon say but its the wrong type or the stats arent good for your class can you modify them, or maybe take a base weapon and with a lot of work make it as powerful as a very rare one?
"
bearwithme5 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how deep the crafting system is, if you get a rare weapon say but its the wrong type or the stats arent good for your class can you modify them, or maybe take a base weapon and with a lot of work make it as powerful as a very rare one?

Imagine you got one Item:

Unavailable

Imagine you don't like the Sockets Layout... Use this:

Unavailable

But what if you like the Item but it is not Magic and you would like to add mods? Use this:

Unavailable

Of course you could add mods, you would use this:

Unavailable

If you don't like the Mods in it, then just Reroll the mods, use this:

Unavailable

So yeah, I think this is not against the rules since there is a Page where you can show of the items you want.
Hope this helped you!
Hmm... What should I write here?
Last edited by Carlos9699 on Oct 2, 2011, 6:44:18 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/7171/highlight/

There will be changes in 0.9.3 though.

Praise Keysus!
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

That's not even all of them.
Forum Sheriff
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This this interadests me.
Starcraft42 has a video out on the basics of the crafting system if your wondering how it works or want to watch it in action. Though they already said there changing the crafting system coming in next patch.

Starcraft42's vid:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17206785

Copied from patch notes:
A major problem with items in 0.9.2 is that it’s really hard to get good socket arrangements. It’s very unlikely for them to either spawn with good sockets or to be successfully upgraded with the Jeweler’s Orb currency items.

To resolve this, we have made the following changes:

Two-socket items are basically the norm now, after level 8.

It’s very likely for an item to have two linked sockets.

It’s quite unlikely for items to spawn with more than two linked sockets. Although it scales all the way up to six linked sockets, we want it to still be extremely hard to get items that have more than two sockets connected

Two-handed weapons can now have up to six sockets, rarely.

Jeweler’s Orb is being retired due to being too weak for its relative (complexity-driven) rarity. It’s getting replaced by three new currency items which interact with sockets. We are still holding tightly to our philosophy that currency items must modify items randomly rather than converging on perfection. The improvement here is that the new variety of currency items will allow you to choose exactly what aspect of the socket arrangement you are unhappy with (colours, links, quantities).

This means that the value of high-end well-socketed items is preserved, but it’s much more common to get items that have at least a partially useful socket arrangement of two linked sockets. People will still want to reroll to try to get lucky with three or more linked sockets.
┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Friends Don't Leave Friend's Tables Flipped
Now that there is link eye candy o.o i dont see any other mmo/rpg with links like those

by the way where do you get those special links?
Last edited by Zoolot on Oct 2, 2011, 2:48:46 PM
"
Zoolot wrote:
by the way where do you get those special links?

Players have access to their stash and character inventories from the PoE website. They can link their items in posts for trade or whatever other reason. It's a pretty sweet system.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info