Facebreakers + BoR Guide -> How to deal with tedious/hard map mods and bosses

Facebreakers build are well-known by the community, with notoriously fast levelling process and great end game capability.
Here i want to share with you guys my different approaches to different content of the current end game. I hope that is gonna be useful to somebody.
Questions, comments and requests are welcome.

My Build
Map Mods - How to deal with...
Spoiler

This is only a sample of the mods that normally would be tedious or hard for most build.

Players cannot regenerate Life or Mana
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR.

Players recover Life, Mana and Energy Shield x% slower
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, endurance charge on melee stun inside BoR.

Temporal Chains
Spoiler

Use Infernal blow, melee splash, mana leech, multistrike inside BoR. Use cast when damage taken, increased duration, immortal call. Use Quicksilver Flasks for movement. Your flasks and immortal call have extended duraion due to the curse.

Elemental Weakness
Spoiler

Requires max rolls of elemental resistances in gear to overcap them. Like this

Vulnerability
Spoiler

Use infernal blow, melee splash, endurance charge on melee stun, mana leech inside BoR. Be always ready with Life and Granite/Jade flasks. Keep always a removes bleeding flasks and eventually an Amethyst Flask .
Use Cast when damage taken, immortal call, increased duration.

Reflect Physical
Spoiler

Remove melee splash for extra safety (usually not necessary)

Reflect Elemental
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR.
Remove Hatred for extra safety (not necessary).

Fracture
Spoiler

Use Infernal blow, melee splash, mana leech, multistrike inside BoR. The explosion of an enemy will damage the enemies spawned by fracture. Usually a rare monster that explodes will instantly kill his "sons". Important note: Use single target standard attack against elemental reflect.

-x% maximum Player Resistances
Spoiler

Remove Hatred and use Purity of Ice instead. Use Saffel's Frame.

Notable Map Bosses and Rogues - How to deal with...
Spoiler

This is only a sample of notable bosses. I prefer to skip other notoriously overtuned bosses (Museum 68, Jungle Valley 72...)
and I still have to test some other that I think are doable but dangerous (Orchard 66, Maze 74).
If this post will have some responses I will try to add a full list.

Rogue Exile Igna Phoexix
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR. Use Rise of The Phoenix, Purity of Fire (remove Hatred) and Ruby Flasks for extra survivability.

Rogue Exile Magnus Stonethorn
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR. Use Rise of The Phoenix, Purity of Fire (remove Hatred) and Ruby Flasks with immunity to curses for extra survivability.
Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQbCH-QJkcs

Rogue Exile Minara Anemina
Spoiler

Ignore the minions (instability). Aim the boss with Infernal blow, life leech, endurance charge on melee stun, multistrike inside BoR.
Cast when damage taken will cast immortal call protecting you from the minions. Use Granite/Jade flasks for extra survivability when immortal call expires.

Rogue Exile Xandro Blooddrinker
Spoiler

Attack him using infernal blow, life leech, multistrike, endurance charge on melee stun inside BoR. Use Granite/Jade Flasks for extra survivability.

Villa 70
Spoiler

Use Infernal blow, life leech, mana leech, multistrike inside BoR. Use Saffel's Frame, Purity of Lightning (remove Hatred) and Topaz Flasks for extra survivability.

Cells 73
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR. Use Rise of The Phoenix, Purity of Fire (remove Hatred) and Ruby Flasks for extra survivability.

Temple 71
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR. Use Saffel's Frame, Purity of Lightning (remove Hatred) and Topaz Flasks for extra survivability.

Labyrinth 72
Spoiler

Kill all the adds with Infernal Blow first, ignore the devourers (killing them will enhance the boss). Aim the boss with Infernal blow, life leech, endurance charge on melee stun, multistrike.
Cast when damage taken will cast immortal call protecting you from the devourers. Use Granite/Jade flasks for extra survivability when immortal call expires.

Academy 76
Spoiler

Use Cyclone, blood magic, life gain on hit, life leech inside BoR. Simply keep the distance when the tornado book's are too many or when you're about to finish flask charges.
Shrine 77
Spoiler

Before the entrance follow the Temple 71 hints.
After she enters the portal, avoid her while she's in Ice form, hiding yourself behind the columns. Attack her during the other two forms, using infernal blow, life leech, multistrike, endurance charge on melee stun inside BoR. Use Granite/Jade Flasks during the Fire form.

What about the Apex Of Sacrifice?
Spoiler
After watching a video of an elemental spectral thrower clearing the apex in less than 10 minutes, i decided to keep my full sacrifice sets for my next build, an elemental spectral thrower...
Last edited by ammenz on Jul 20, 2014, 8:49:07 AM
how can you use BoR and Tabula - does Tabula not count as chest armor?
"
zywie wrote:
how can you use BoR and Tabula - does Tabula not count as chest armor?

At first you have to equip the chest, then you equip the helmet. In this way you cannot use the skills inside the chest but they still gain experience as you do. It is a good way to bring many gems to level 20 and sell them to vendor with a Gemcutter Prism. It is also a good method for swapping gems fast from helmet to chest (i often swap melee splash with life leech for bosses) saving inventory space. It is possibly gonna be fixed in future patches i think.
Last edited by ammenz on Jul 16, 2014, 9:10:36 AM
added a video for a fight with Magnus Stonethorn (Rogue Exile that uses flameblast)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQbCH-QJkcs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info