A defensive and offensive support gem for melee attacks

Examining Endurance charge on melee stun.

Kinda interesting, but ultimately useless. Good intention, give melee only some defensive bonus.

How about something like a defensive support just for melee that is ALSO offensive. For example, let us say you combined "Melee Physical Damage" and "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" into:

"
Melee Prowess

49% More melee physical damage (level 20)
39% Chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Hit

The idea here is to give only melee a defensive boost. It's often mentioned as a balance problem that there is no difference between the defenses of a melee and a ranged character. To skew that balance, melee gems that provide full offensive power in addition to defensive power could be a way to do it.

Another way was to instead incorporate a more powerful defensive buff into "Melee Prowess" like:

"30% less damage taken for 3 seconds after successful melee hit"

Now, you may think 30% damage is a lot, well i don't think it's far off. Melee already is too risky for many bosses in the game, it needs a hand.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 14, 2014, 3:06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I suppose an alternative was a bandit reward change, say change cruel rewards to a specialization: Caster, Archer, Melee
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I suppose an alternative was a bandit reward change, say change cruel rewards to a specialization: Caster, Archer, Melee

And you couldnt edit your other post because?
It was a complete turn in focus of topic, it's clearer when separated.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jul 13, 2014, 6:20:33 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
It was a complete turn in focus of topic, it's clearer when separated.

I thought it as just the usual cheap bump.

There is more to a char though than caster, archer or melee, you know? What if i got a point blank bow marauder or a dual wield witch or a 2h weapon ranger? There is more variety than the typical 3 bases in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info