180k+ prolif with Flicker Strike and Avatar of Fire ? Let's Math of Exile !

Hey guys !

I've been thinking about a build to play on my next PoE binge. Well, I may have found it.

Basic plan, use flicker strike as a single target to proliferate as much burning damage as possible, using the Avatar of Fire keystone.

Here's a rough sketch of the tree

Key points : 274% HP, IR with 24% increased EV and AR, enough stats for everything, some resists and the +2%max. But really who cares about that, today is about :
84% ele dmg
40% wed
32% fire dmg
340% crit chance
55% crit multi
and some other shit like accuracy, attack speed etc

Now, let's assume very good gear :
6L staff with the 3 flat ele dmg, %fire dmg, crit chance and multi
30% wed on all 4 jewellery pieces, some ele dmg because why not.
Alpha howl to run 2 60% auras, the flat ele dmg ones obviously (don't even know if that's enough, but it's theorycraft land)

6L setup :
flicker strike + added cold + added lightning + wed (59% more) + fire pen (34% more) + proliferation

Sooooo, calculations time, I may be totally wrong on these :
Base dmg (I only use the max possible dmg because it's fun) :
Phys : 175
Cold : 385 = 109 (on weapon) + 156 (support) + 40 x 3 (jewellery)
Lightning : 692 = 172 (weapon) + 238 (support) + 282 (auras)
Fire : 252 = 96 (weapon) + 156 (auras)

Now let's convert :
Phys : 175 * 1.32 (bonus from STR) * 0.5 = 115 fire dmg
Cold + Lightning : 1077 * (1+0.84+1.5) (%ele and %wed) * 1.59 (wed support) * 0.5 = 2859 fire dmg

Fire :3226 * (1+0.84+1.5+0.62) (%ele, %wed and %fire) * 1.59 * 1.34 (fire pen) = 27224

BUT that's not the crit !
crit multi is 289% = 150 * (1+0.55+0.38) (tree and mod on staff)
So : 27000 * 2.89 = 78000

That's the ignite damage, so let's do the double dip now.
78000 * (1+0.84+0.62) = 188000

So, yaaaaa. Of course this is assuming a lot of things, but I think a realistic version of this build wouldn't be too bad.

Thoughts ? Any math wrong in here ?

Edit : Forgot Flammability ^^
Last edited by Cynry on Jul 12, 2014, 2:38:49 PM
Added fire gem would do much more dmg. than the to other element gems, especially on a staff crit.
Increased crit mult. would be indispensable. +149% mult.
Increased burn dmg. gem?

The new ring, Pyre would also be a must have, I guess. With it + Hrimsorrow + hatred + Avatar of fire you'd closer to a full conversion and utilization of weapon dmg.
Pyre would also beg the question if glacial hammer wasn't worth considering.

Holy fire, the inc. burn dmg. node, why not?
Serpentstance node, staff crit, why not?
With dual dmg. auras and no grace, why Iron reflexes?

With curses, critical weakness and elemental weakness would also be relevant. Crit. weak. especially since it would increase the chance to land a non-frenzy charge supported flicker-crit in the first shot.

My version of this build would be more like:

With spectral throw to knockback and generate powercharges.

This is of course ignoring Oro's sacrifice that, as best I can tell, was made for ele-flicker.
"
Added fire gem would do much more dmg. than the to other element gems, especially on a staff crit.

Not sure, it's a percent on phys, and I have 0 phys dmg nodes.
Max dmg of staff 175, so on crit with 289% multi : 175 * 2.89 * 0.4 = 202 base fire dmg
Cold gem max dmg is 156, so 156 * 2.89 * 3.3 * 0.5 = 740 base fire dmg.

So unless my math is incorrect, no.

"
Increased crit mult. would be indispensable. +149% mult.

There's already 6 gems without life leech, I agree that it seems great, but which one to remove ? flat ele dmg gives so much thanks to ele conversion, I'm not sure it would be better than any of those. Prolif is needed to have AoE. Fire pen, maybe. WED probably not. Feel free to do the maths.
Same thing for increased burning dmg.

"
The new ring, Pyre would also be a must have, I guess. With it + Hrimsorrow + hatred + Avatar of fire you'd closer to a full conversion and utilization of weapon dmg.
Pyre would also beg the question if glacial hammer wasn't worth considering.

Hu, maybe. Again, the build is pretty stretched already, and it's hard to tell what's better with all the math involved. Glacial hammer even without all you said would be better, because it gives more ele dmg to scale from. But not as fun as flicker :p

"
Holy fire, the inc. burn dmg. node, why not?
Serpentstance node, staff crit, why not?

Build pretty stretched as is, although the tree is far from optimized, I was more looking at a confirmation of concept by posting this.

"
With dual dmg. auras and no grace, why Iron reflexes?

Well, even without grace, IR means you can stack granite and jade flasks, and also that you get more flexibility gearwise without spreading between 2 mitigators. I'd rather have a solid one that 2 lacklusters.

Very true about the curses. I throw flammability in there realizing I didn't take any curse in consideration when calculating the top dps possible, but haven't gave much thought about which one is better. Crit weakness probably is best.

Really not convinced about your tree. Dmg wise, you hit for a lot less (~half) but burn for a bit more (1790 to 1850 from 100 base cold/lightning dmg). You get a bit more max resist, which is great, and a bit more resist overall. Everything else is worse (accuracy, crit chance, attack speed, armor etc) and the 190% HP is the nail in the coffin.
I'm sure there is a better tree than mine, but this is not it yet.
Just talking about Added fire dmg.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Added_Fire_Damage
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion

It adds fire dmg to the phys dmg a skill would do, before conversion, meaning strength would factor in.
And, I missed the part of you wanting to get 3z ele and not a single phys. Sorry that does matter a bit. :D
Yup, wouldn't take that much increased phys damage to make added fire better, but I got none :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info