Lets bomb GGG with more ideas! Mine is Orb augmentation!

I just thought of this one. Farther gem augmentation by fusing a support gem to a skill gem with vendor or a new orb.
As for balance i was thinking have the attribute requirements stack on top of each other along with the mana multipliers.
I thought of this when i was thinking there needs to be a safer way to exceed the level 20 gem cap other than vaal orb so i thought a lvl 3 empower with a level 20 gem and orb of augmentation in a vendor should give you a level 21 gem and quality with an enhance.
Make gems only able to have a single augment obviously.
If in the form of an orb more tedious balance may be required so people don't walk around with level 34 or 81% gems unless you wish us to reach that godly prowess.
This or something like it has a lot of potential in the creative value of ones build and variance in player skills.
It would be a major buff all the way around and make some underused gems more popular. ( i would personally love something that comes with an attached curse on hit or cold to fire.)
This is just another idea that i think you GGG could use or find inspiration from.
Other exiles of wraeclast lets us communicate.

IDEA BOMB COMMENCE!

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Such ideas would be cool IF the current ways of gaining more powerful skills (6L, quality, max Level, etc.) weren't already way too hard to achieve for the majority of players.

This would just make the powerful players even more powerful and the regular players (who are the majority) would be ****ed again.
"
Zigma999 wrote:
i thought a lvl 3 empower with a level 20 gem

Looking at your character levels I'm not sure if you've ever leveled a gem to 20 (let alone an empower to level 3). Think I have to agree with Stalker here - such a recipe would really only benefit the 0.001% of players. The vast majority would not notice a difference at all.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
"
Zigma999 wrote:

Looking at your character levels I'm not sure if you've ever leveled a gem to 20 (let alone an empower to level 3). Think I have to agree with Stalker here - such a recipe would really only benefit the 0.001% of players. The vast majority would not notice a difference at all.

But a Recipe like: Vaal Orb + Empower Gem + Gem = Corrupted +1 Level, would be nice.
Or: Vaal Orb + Enhance Gem + Gem = Corrupted +%Q Gem.

Economy would cry, perhaps, but anybody could make his own level 21/20 gems with enough time playing, even without trading. As opposed to using 10 Vaal Orbs and only getting bad results...
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
"
Zigma999 wrote:

"
Such ideas would be cool IF the current ways of gaining more powerful skills (6L, quality, max Level, etc.) weren't already way too hard to achieve for the majority of players.

This would just make the powerful players even more powerful and the regular players (who are the majority) would be ****ed again.

It could be made to augment gems of all levels that was what i failed to convey in the last post. For example you could augment any skill gem with a support when you reach the requirements. Would be amazing for all areas of the game just the support augment wouldn't level up with the gem. Also new augments could overwrite old ones so you wouldn't have to level separate gems or buy new ones.
"
But a Recipe like: Vaal Orb + Empower Gem + Gem = Corrupted +1 Level, would be nice.

Economy would cry, perhaps, but anybody could make his own level 21/20 gems with enough time playing, even without trading. As opposed to using 10 Vaal Orbs and only getting bad results...

The orb variant may be a better choice over recipies another gemcutters item perhaps. Everyone in the game would benefit from this but in the form of an orb rich players could do price fixing depending on their availability i was thinking about the rarity of a gcp. It's not just the idea of safely achieving an overcharged gem i am talking about here but as a huge increase in options for all players.
Last edited by Zigma999 on Jul 12, 2014, 6:35:44 AM
Power creep is bad... M,kay?
How about Righteous ICE @ LIGHTING
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
CantripN wrote:

What you are missing is that, using 10 vaal orbs and getting bad results is the intended result GGG planned. Why do you think there is no socket-linking recipe in the first place?

In the grand scheme of economy balance it is ok to fuck players individually as long as global balance is maintained.
"
symban wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:

What you are missing is that, using 10 vaal orbs and getting bad results is the intended result GGG planned. Why do you think there is no socket-linking recipe in the first place?

In the grand scheme of economy balance it is ok to fuck players individually as long as global balance is maintained.

Not missing that, I just don't give 2 shits about the "economy'. I care about individual play, and play is NOT trade. Not saying I don't trade ever, but it's a necessity, not a good thing.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jul 13, 2014, 12:26:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info