Build Critique Please

Hello there. I'm about as far from a pro player as possible, so I thought I would ask for some help with my build. Any constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated about where I went wrong in the skill tree or where I could do better. This one, since I'm all melee all the time, is a heavy striker.

I don't remember the bandit rewards, if that matters. My realistic goal is to hit level 85. By then I should have some gems to level 20 so that I can start my next char. My survivability is so so. I'm only running piety and some low/mid level maps right now so life, I don't think, is critical at this point.

skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwFLQthDjwUIBiRGj4byBv6IQIhVSXfJvgnLykuKaUs-zBPMHcyCTboOQ46Uj38QKBDMUZpR35KfU4qUEdVqVb6Vw1YY1ivW69eE18_YEthIWVNZadnoGxGcmxyqXK7dO12f3gNeWh673uMfLh82Xz1fuCE2YTvhmCHdooijM-RzpWbl7SeV565ns2fy6QZpKynMKluqXOsurZBuc277byfvorApsDzwQTG2NIh2WHcPd0N4mHi6uOf5FHvDvGs8i_2SPcy9778xQ==

Gear

Screenies

Thanks again for any help!!
Last edited by manigault on Jul 7, 2014, 6:23:38 PM
You "wasted" a couple of skillpoints.

You invest 4 points at duelist (one 10 str, three 10 dex) to get from the life nodes to Iron Reflexes.
If you connect via the lower road, it takes only three dex nodes. One point saved.

One skillpoint in a 10 str node beneth marauer start would let you remove three nodes (one 10 str, 2 10 dex) to connect Duelist and Marauder. Two points saved.

The 4% twohanded attackspeed in Marauder is not required to move along. One point saved.

I'd consider removing the four "10% melee damage" nodes in Marauder start, and instead leaving the zone via "+1 maximum fire resist". This saves another 2 skillpoints.

The 10% armor node in the bottom is not worth taking. One point saved.

Not a huge fan of the pure armor nodes in marauder start. Another 4 points.

That's a total of 11 skillpoints.

What do we use them on?

1. Three points for By the blade: Very strong axe damage and life. Nice to have.
2. Two points for cleaving: 30% axe damage.
3. Five points to get to "Fell of the weak", which provides axe damage and some of the armor I sacrificed earlier.
4. One point in Reduced damage from crits in Marauder. Very strong node.

New tree
182% life (+10%)
Around 330% damage (+70%)
174% armor (-50%)
38% attack speed (+2%)
+1 max fire resist, additional fire resist, reduced crit damage taken.
Some dex lost (20?).
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 9, 2014, 6:57:28 AM
Much appreciated, I will tinker around with it a bit. Thanks!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info