[1.1.5] Summon Raging Spirits - Aura build - !!!Updated!!!

This Build got an awesome Update at the 13.07.2014

Hello guys :)

Introduction:

I like to show you my "Summon Raging Spirit" build based on a Scion who runs about 4-5 auras.
This build casts raging spirits by the summoner itself as his maindamageskill.
It is playable in hardcore leagues too, if you take out one dmg aura and change it against grace.

My Character is level 89 at the moment.
I am able to cast 21 minions at a time which attack effective. One spirit have a mixed dps from physical and elemental damage of 17.193 which means that my build is able to deal 361.056 damage with all 21 spirits. With Vaal Haste i am able to cast 27 spirits and dealing 679.037 damage.

Gear and Skillgems

First of all i'll show you which gems you need to run that build useful and which gear i wear.
Good Gear

-Summon Raging Spirits --> Melee Splash --> Multistrike --> Spell Echo --> Faster Casting --> Empower

-Skelleton Totem

-Reduced Mana --> Clarity --> Haste --> Hatred --> Wrath --> Anger

-Cast When Damage Taken setup

-Leap Slam

-Arctic Armour

-Vaal Haste

Positive arguments to use Spirits:

This Builds Damage output increases very strong in the high levels of skillgems. Means it starts to deal very good damage between gems level 16-18 if you have a weapon which increases the level of fire gems.

High DPS without getting any damage from reflect or corrupting blood.

The needed Survivabilty comes from Mind over Matter, Arctic Armour and some times from instant healing potions.

I dont use Increased Duration, because 20 minions are more than enough and an additional gem like Added Chaos is much better than around 5 more minions. More damage is a better chance to stun enemys and with 4 attacks per second from one spirit... yeah your enemys are pretty often interrupted and stunned if you think about 20 of them do this at the same time :D

Added Cold with 10% freeze chance on 20%quality is nice too.
With Added Chaos you give your Spirits another Damagesource which needs a new resist, think about it.
But the best Gem for a 6L is Empower. It increases your damage the most.

All in all this build grants a very nice buff for your whole group, survivability and is pretty cool. I mean... flying skulls who chase every enemy while you can stay where you are or collect items! No silly chasing little apes or snakes who run away from you, every time.

You wont find enemys or maps who are able to build resistance against all your damage sources. Every Spirit will atack with all of them. So you dont need any curse against resistances.
And you are able to run nearly every map + boss. (no life or mana regen kills you 50% is okay but needs arctic armour to stay off)
You ONLY get inflicted by corrupting blood from dominus and the cyclone invader.
Also Enfeeble, Temp Chains and other map curses doesnt affect your minions directly.

Negative things about this skill are:

-your minions dont deal that good with permanent high damage aoe effects against them
-you have no life leech and a low life regeneration
-healing only with potions
-soul eaters will be funny because they will grow to their maximum (they are still no problem)

Passive Tree:

In the passive tree i dont skill much minion notes, because they work better with auras in my opinion.
Here is the variant with 5 auras:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGeTOr0nGDz56ILHKPrr7nqqsnBilZrgRZ24k6cIna4abBmFJKo26eNq-tIXL4bRJLCApFXWZOdXyTyO6rq0DJMn3FcelKw_HNx_xhGWcLvZEy9vwcWIQoIe2wvxdkZxgwlvnuGIHar-ScpKPydKyF-YWW0dvm6qtfKpbngNWK826DpSDjxCo3YI0_uofVqRaqzDOlYtrH_e5Zu1GYr7CfbaGo81kojx_gq3PkGHhyl-WSepWm0kPKdcSVGPRtDQz2VVxpuh99fMvIVgqsRNudrdFm-mrAx9EH_Gng==

Low levels should skill Iron Reflexes and enough life as fast as they can and start to skill aura notes later.

It is possible to play a low lvl variant with scepter and shield. The best setup to start is:
Summon Raging Spirits --> Melee Splash --> Multisrike

Quality on Gems is very useful.

Changes till the Update:

--> I'm using now the ultimate lategameweapon for this build. A 6L Staff with +2 of fire gems and +1 of all gems + cast speed (mana or mana regen is nice too)

--> I use a lvl 2 Empower in the 6th slot which counts as empower Lvl 3 because of the +1 to all gems. This means my Spirits are lvl 25 and all other gems in this staff are lvl 23. (next goal is lvl 3 empower, but it is very expensive)

--> I changed my old body armour and helmet against an Alpha's Howl and Cloak of Defiance

--> I dont use Discipline anymore because of enough mana and mana regeneration - changed it against Hatred which is much better than Anger since the 66%dmg increase.

--> The Skilltree got a few changes to be more efficient. (I dont use Iron Reflexes anymore which means that some armour/es at gloves and boots is much better than ev/es

- I have around 3k life and and 350 mana left using 5 auras.
- If you fight against chargers or something with flicker its better to turn anger off. You will have enough dmg as well and 800-900 mana. So you are able to tank a little bit more.

I will update this Thread with pictures of my stats and other stuff.

Feel free to ask Questions, Feedback or maybe give me a hint how to upgrade my build :)
Thank you for your interest.
Last edited by sgehtSusaki on Jul 13, 2014, 3:52:27 AM
An Alpha's howl could save you a few points : no need to go all across the tree to get the south-west 5% reduced mana reserved.

A Cloak of Defiance could save you the points to MoM, and I think it's possible to survive with Iron Reflexes (it's a choice..).

I've got a few questions about your choices :

Isn't the 15% minion damage next to Holy Strength mandatory ?

Why no Inner Force ?

Why didn't you take the three aura points next to Mana Geyser (at least instead of the south-west one) ?

Cool build though. I'm giving a similar build a try currently, it's pretty fun. Unfortunately, even with the SRS buff and Spell Echo, an Echoing Spirits build is still weaker than many other self-casting builds <=/
thank you for your feedback :)

well i forgot the aura tree on the right side to skill here, but already had it^^ (its updated now)

i dont really like the both uniques... alphas howl wont work with me because of spaceproblems with all the skillgems and cloak of defiance have very low evasion and es :/ not sure if its worth.

the 15% minion node is pretty nice, ty for this hint :)

and yeah i guess inner force would be nice too because it grants a higher mana pool and a bit more cast speed, have to try it.
I don't think the stats of CoD are an issue because it's a safe gameplay (despite the lack of life leech). And when you're hit, 40% of it goes to mana.
Anyway, it's just a playstyle like another.
its safe enough. you just need to know, that you are no tank. most hard hitters can be hold on range with skelleton totem and others you need to dodge. it isnt possible to facetank everything with one build.
What about +% Elemental Damage nodes to improve Wrath and Anger bonus damage?
I'm updating this build soon. Got some very nice changes and made it much stronger.

increased elemental dmg in the skilltree buffs the auraeffects on you, but it doesnt count for the spirits, how you can read here http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aura.

"
An Alpha's howl could save you a few points : no need to go all across the tree to get the south-west 5% reduced mana reserved.

A Cloak of Defiance could save you the points to MoM, and I think it's possible to survive with Iron Reflexes (it's a choice..).

okay, i tried it and its much better than my old variant. thank you for this.

As i said. This build will get an awesome update dealing 2-3 times more damage and granting a bit more survivability.
Last edited by sgehtSusaki on Jul 9, 2014, 4:49:11 PM
Sweet, I've been leveling my Scion (just hit 23) and have been following your Passive tree. Is the update just a change to gear or should I save my points in the passive tree?
Can't wait to see your update. My Scion is lvl 63 and even if the killing speed of packs isn't great, the map boss are REALLY easy Ôo
I also made some changes and thought about some stuffs. So far the Zombies are not strong enough but I don't want to waste point to have them be tanky so I'll soon switch to the good old skeletons/totem to benefit from the +45% duration node.

My current SRS setup is as follow :
Spoiler

I dropped Increased Duration (can't buy a 6L CoD currently) to use Melee Splash, and it's very efficient. I had underestimated it.
I'm not sure Increased Duration is mandatory after all...
Last edited by Kcolrehs on Jul 10, 2014, 7:05:42 AM
Would also like to see the update soon hopefully, thinking of trying this build out, looks interesting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info