Random Skins?

i'd like to know if like random stats, armour and items have random skins.
i'd really like this feature

thanks
No. Each item has a single model and skin. Unique items will have different skins and models. You can always buy cool skins and models from the cash shop.
Forum Sheriff
"
tpapp157 wrote:
No. Each item has a single model and skin. Unique items will have different skins and models. You can always buy cool skins and models from the cash shop.

will unique items have fixed stat bonuses and higher than random generated drops? if thats the case, what is the use of random items if the end game equals unique items like every common mmog out there? dont you think its a contradiction having random item stats and unique items coexist?

thanks
"
will unique items have fixed stat bonuses and higher than random generated drops?
No.
That's not what uniques are for - the most powerful items in the game will be magics are rares with great random mods. Uniques have mods which don't otherwise occur which aren't powerful per se but are different and enable different ways to play, and off-the-wall builds that would be much harder to support with the standard mods - the idea is that when you find a unique, you should be tempted to start a new character with a cool, different build to take advantage of it's mods.

Endgame gear for a character is expected to be almost entirely good rare and magic items, with some characters having 1-2 unqiue items which work well with their build.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 1, 2011, 8:28:02 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
will unique items have fixed stat bonuses and higher than random generated drops?
No.
That's not what uniques are for - the most powerful items in the game will be magics are rares with great random mods. Uniques have mods which don't otherwise occur which aren't powerful per se but are different and enable different ways to play, and off-the-wall builds that would be much harder to support with the standard mods - the idea is that when you find a unique, you should be tempted to start a new character with a cool, different build to take advantage of it's mods.

Endgame gear for a character is expected to be almost entirely good rare and magic items, with some characters having 1-2 unqiue items which work well with their build.

I like this system better in general, so this makes me happy >:D. I hate grinding uniques just be to be on a standard curve. This way the crafting system (one of my favorite things in all games) stays important the entire time :). This game keeps getting better and better... *goes back to praying to keysus*
┻━┻ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Friends Don't Leave Friend's Tables Flipped
Last edited by Ocyrus on Oct 1, 2011, 12:40:56 PM
rares are always awesome. wish you could build them! with your dream mods :P
Drum
Bassline
Music
DiscoRecord
"
Anzeigen wrote:
rares are always awesome. wish you could build them! with your dream mods :P

You can, to a degree - this is one of the major currency sinks in the game. The Regal Orb, for example, allows you to turn a magic item into a rare, keeping its existing mods intact and adding another one randomly. Three exalted orbs will then allow you to add one random mod apiece to that same item (up to the maximum of six affixes for any rare).

Of course, in theory those exact same mods can all drop at once on a rare you find in the field.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info