PC Dialogue quieter in 1.1.5?

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, and I wasn't sure whether to report it here or in the bug forum.

In any event, after the 1.1.5 update, it seems to me the PC dialogue ("It's nice not being dead yet", "I feel sorry for you, Fairgraves...", et al) is quieter than it was before the patch. Just wondering if it was intentional.

Thanks.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
There were a few tweaks to dialogue volume during the 1.1.5x patches. It should be all good now, if you adjust your dialogue volume slider in the options menu.
Code warrior
Reporting in:
After testing I have found my witch's voice volume is tied to the Sound Effects slider. Turning up the Dialogue slider just makes Hargan scream in my ear, my character is still whispering.
I am dumb.
Last edited by Nyraeus on Jul 15, 2014, 3:10:41 PM
Odd. I'm unable to replicate your problem, Nyraeus. Do you have a fancy sound card maybe?
Code warrior
Edit: I was mistaken originally. I was counting all the battle grunting and whatnot as "dialogue." Sorry Rhys. :(

So the speeches a character gives for first time events ARE tied to the dialogue slider as they should be. However, they are very quiet as OP said. I had the bar all the way to the right and her voice was medium-ish at best (with all other bars all the way left, I was testing by creating a new character and running her to the coast). Meanwhile when the Sound Effects bar is maybe 1/5 of the way to the right the battle sounds seem very loud.

Do you think the dialogue is quiet? I feel like it should be 50% louder or so.
In case this is just a problem for me and OP I have left my audio devices picture and some extra information here for perhaps diagnostic purposes?
The lack of anyone else posting in this thread has me doubting my own ears and feeling like I'm taking crazy pills.

Realtek HD Audio Manager says the following:
Audio Driver Version- 6.0.1.6942
DirectX Version- DirectX 11.0
Audio Controller: HD Audio
Audio Codec: ALC269

Last edited by Nyraeus on Jul 15, 2014, 3:08:53 PM
Have you tried playing with the Dialogue slider at all? Or are you just leaving at max? Maybe try moving it down low, save the change, restart the game, move it back up again?

Maybe try deleting the settings file?

I'm kinda grasping at straws here...
Code warrior
I'll try those things. It's probably just me thinking it's too low. If nothing else, I'll just keep dialogue up, turn everything else down some, and increase my speaker volume.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out though. :3
<3
Try playing the game with the -softwareaudio CLA
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info