lightning warp doesnt work with echo

Though it has the spell tag and is self-cast it doe not work.

leap slam works with multistrike so a precedent has been set.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
chrisluissanc wrote:
Though it has the spell tag and is self-cast it doe not work.

leap slam works with multistrike so a precedent has been set.

Known issue, wait for next patch.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 3, 2014, 6:45:33 AM
I'd take a bet that it is not supposed to work, for many it's an escape spell.
Same deal with whirling blades and multistrike
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
CWDT and Lightning Warp not working ...
CWDT + Lightning Warp + Totem works Ok ...
Lightning Warp does not work with Spell Echo, this is intentional.
This is intended but yet it meets all the requirements to do so. weather it be to powerfull or not is not a question. you have set a precedent so why is it not being followed?

at the very least you owe the community a PUBLIC explanation for denying your own previous actions. giving a gem a specific reaction though it meets the requirements is a bug. intended or not at least give an explanation other then "we like it this way".
Lightning Warp cannot ever be cast while it's in progress. Casting the spell sets up a delayed effect that will teleport the caster at a later date - casting again during this time does nothing, so echo would leave the character uselessly performing a nonfunctional cast. Lightning warp doesn't work with echo for much the same reason as auras - it's not a spell that functionally makes sense to repeat in general.

In the specific case where the character reduces the duration enough (or lowers their cast speed enough) for the duration of the warp to expire, it could theoretically be repeated, but a) supports either work or don't, they can't only work for this case, and b) you'll be in the location that the first warp targeted, which is invalid to target with lightning warp, and repeated spells always keep the same target - so even in that case the repeat would target your own location, and get teleported instead to a random location because that's invalid, meaning you'd loose all control of where you teleported to.
The people who want to echo it are not using it as a precision instrument, they want to leap around like maniacs spreading AoE damage.

I thought this was the whole reason the skill had damage on it instead of being a flat out teleport.

The delay forced on it because of its glitchy nature really put a damper on that.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
Last edited by IlluminaBlade on Jul 4, 2014, 3:00:05 AM
and i am back again, this time more reasonably so. i made a demand based off an irrational anger.
i apologize for that.

SO the gem can be supported due to technical and practicability problems(though players should have a choice on the practicability). That makes sense

however there are a small amount of cases like this where the unsupportable gem just receives the cast speed, aka incinerate, why can that not happen again?
incinerate is supported by spell echo.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info