Ball Lightning

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 4, 2024, 7:11:59 AM
Tried it a bit with totems. Seems like a way around the one ball per cast can damage. Will try traps and multi traps next
Peep
Currently levelling a char with the skill. The damage is ok i guess but i have the feeling i'm either missing an important point or that the damage is a bit to low right now. A similar arc gem is doing way better for me atm.

Increase AOE gem seems to work increasing the distance the lightning wires hit, removing the need of LMP. However, concentrated effect do reduces their lenght but doen't increase the damage. In a way it feels obvious because the wires aren't AOE but on the opposite they do get the downside.

Using BL/faster casting/echo/light pen/empower/AOE right now.

Still testing stuff and considering a slower projectile even tho the range and speed would be a bit to slow for me.

Real cool gem anyway as it doesn't work like other ones.

oh and yeah : could i have an exact explanation about the 200ms property ? Is it capped by ennemies, ball per ennemies, per balls ?
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Jul 3, 2014, 1:51:29 PM
"
Kagari wrote:
oh and yeah : could i have an exact explanation about the 200ms property ? Is it capped by ennemies, ball per ennemies, per balls ?

per cast per ball. with per cast stronger importance.
one cast of 5 balls can hit 5 different foes on each 200 ms intervals that targets are in range.
however two cast of one ball each, can hit a single foe with two bolts (total) every 200 ms. although its really alternating hits on thier separate timers.
I know it's a huge pain to balance this spell, but to keep it distinct it should probably be able to shotgun. As it is right now, it feels too much like glacial cascade, and not enough like incinerate.
Damage is very underwhelming. Overall a pretty useless skill.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Kagari wrote:

per cast per ball. with per cast stronger importance.
one cast of 5 balls can hit 5 different foes on each 200 ms intervals that targets are in range.
however two cast of one ball each, can hit a single foe with two bolts (total) every 200 ms. although its really alternating hits on thier separate timers.

Ok so if i understand correctly, there's no way to bypass this cooldown right ? LMP felt absolutely useless so might be the case.

Now, let's say there a pack of 20 mobs, and i cast only a single ball. Can the ball shoot more than 5 wires/sec or is it determined by the number of foes it around the ball ?
"
gh0un wrote:
Damage is very underwhelming. Overall a pretty useless skill.

Damage isn't that bad but so far it s sure lower than a lot of other spells.
One bolt per ball every 200ms, no multi-hiting.
To hit more than one, needs more than one ball.
Aoe size changes the reach.
To hit same foe with two balls, need two casts.
This is just like spectral throw as far as hits go.
Just got this spell on my level 32 Shadow,

It is useless with gmp n lmp, slower projectile is a must.

I have not tested with echo yet. Will do when I get it.

Arc is so much superior than ball lightning in any way.
Maybe the spell scales better on higher lvls but I doubt it.

Only time ball lightning is just slightly inferior to arc is in huge packs of 10-15+ mobs.

What support gems are meant for this?

I can think of faster casting, echo, slower projectile and maybe fork?

"Edit: Increase aoe damage skill point does not seem to increase the damage on this ability."
Last edited by drixor on Jul 3, 2014, 11:13:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info