BOTW Submission: Lightning Warp Totem Trapper ----------===== NOW WITH VIDEO! =====----------

Last edited by lucksickle on Sep 1, 2014, 1:23:19 AM
Putting BotW in the title makes it look like it was selected for build of the week.

Clearly you didn't mean this but it makes your post look as if your title does not match, I think it would be more honest to include the fact that you have submitted a build rather than labeling it build of the week in the title.
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
"
SlightRedeye wrote:
Putting BotW in the title makes it look like it was selected for build of the week.

Clearly you didn't mean this but it makes your post look as if your title does not match, I think it would be more honest to include the fact that you have submitted a build rather than labeling it build of the week in the title.

Hmm... that makes sense. I'll change the title.
your build will be dead next patch (or rather not as strong) as trap linked with spell totem can no longer work as a byprodut of snapshot fixing. see the snapshot dev manifesto
"
your build will be dead next patch (or rather not as strong) as trap linked with spell totem can no longer work as a byprodut of snapshot fixing. see the snapshot dev manifesto

I've seen the manifesto. No buildbreaker here - I'm not snapshotting anything.

I have a 5link on a staff, and 5link on chest

Trap-Totem-Warp-Added-Pen

Trap-Multi-Warp-Added-Pen
Damn! I think I wanna try this build!

Thanks!
"
lucksickle wrote:
"

I've seen the manifesto. No buildbreaker here - I'm not snapshotting anything.

I have a 5link on a staff, and 5link on chest

Trap-Totem-Warp-Added-Pen

Trap-Multi-Warp-Added-Pen

TRAP-TOTEM NO WORK NEXT PATCH.
understand english?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Support gems for summoning: how does it make any kind of sense that generic supports like trap that can combine with a lot of skills offer more boost to minions than the minions specific supports? The current system tends to combine X support with Y spectre to make the other choices not even close to competitive and then we just rotate between spectre as the strongest combination gets nerfed.
TLDR: support gems are screwed up.
There's some good feedback in your post that I'm sure some of the balance team will take into consideration, but I'd like to address this bit here and now. It's nothing to do with snapshotting specifically, so isn't part of this change, but 1.2.0 will also be changing "mine damage", "trap damage" and "totem damage" to explicitly mean damage dealt directly by a trap, totem or mine.
This means that if you place a mine that throws a trap that shoots a fireball, the fireball came from a trap and gets trap damage modifiers, but not mine damage modifiers. It came from the trap, not the mine.
Similarly, If you throw a trap or place a mine that summons a minion, and that minion uses an attack (or spell), then that attack or spell didn't come from a trap or mine and is not "trap damage" or "mine damage" so will not be affected by modifiers to either.

Just as with the snapshotting change, the balance team will also be keeping this change in mind when re-examining minions for 1.2.0.

Even Charan has ragequit over this so its going through
"

TRAP-TOTEM NO WORK NEXT PATCH.
understand english?

Jesus, no need to rage over it lol. I read the manifesto and it didn't point out what you've quoted anywhere.

Regardless, this build does not become "useless" just because you can no longer trap->totem, if anything, that's something I've only recently started using. Granted it does make a difference in totem damage, but I'm sure it'll be fine without it, as the majority of the burst comes from the trap/multitraps.

It might not be worth navigating towards trap nodes if that change does come into effect, but the rest of the build still remains viable.
Submitted a video on youtube. Here's to hoping this budget build can make it to BOTW series!
"
lucksickle wrote:
Submitted a video on youtube. Here's to hoping this budget build can make it to BOTW series!

The video doesn't seem to be available anymore. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info