Avatar of Fire RF Discharger interesting build idea!

What's up guys, I've been thinking about builds a lot for the new leagues and didn't want to play the boring builds that have been done 1000 times already.
Discharge has always been a cool looking skill to me, but the only way it's usually viable is when it's used with CoC and I (and my pc) don't like that.
Then I thought of creating a burning discharger, with all the endurance charges, chante to ignite and burning damage, but the problem is you don't really have any access to spell or fire damage nodes at the left side of the tree.

I started looking at what you do have access to, which is a lot of life regen and max resistance nodes, Righteous Fire!
Another thing you get a lot of is strenght, so my idea is to use iron will and righteous fire to buff the damage of discharge and deal big proliferated burns, while maybe using flame surge for single target (everything burns because of the discharges and RF anyways).

This is the tree I came up with

Which should give me enough regen and max fire res (combined with Vitality, Purity of Fire and saffells's or rise of the phoenix) to sutain RF and maybe even blood rage, when I stack some chaos res, so I can get frenzy charges as well, which will result in bigger burns with Avatar of Fire.

For links I'm thinking

Discharge + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Iron Will + Life leech + Burning damage/ conc effect/ fire pen

Overall, seems like a pretty fresh idea to me, no idea though what the damage is gonna be like, since I've never seen anything like this before, so any opinions/ suggestions are more than welcome and thanks for reading!

Last edited by Sandeerrr on Jul 21, 2014, 12:45:09 PM
Cool build idea. Good luck with it and update us on how it's going I'd like to know :)
Will do, currently lvl 31 levelling with molten strike, guess it'll take a while until I can use the full build with all endurance charges and RF
Seems like this is a good patch for this build, I can use the Pyre unique ring to get 100% cold to fire off my frenzy charges and skip points to go to avatar of fire.
And I'll use spell echo on my enduring cry to generate twice the endurance charges by bypassing the cooldown :)
Another update! Currently level 71, going really well!
Had to do a lot of adjustments though. In order to run rf I had to eliminate my es, because it was simply burning for too much damage, so had to go to eldritch battery.

Current tree:

Current gear:
Spoiler

I'm using incinerate at my main skill now, which is pretty strong at 2k dps stage 1 per projectile.
For big packs I use enduring cry + spell echo to always max out my end charges and then discharge them with a proliferated burn. This usually clears non fire resist mobs, any remaining mobs and tougher mobs I kill with incinerate.

Once I get to lvl 75, I'll use
so I can probably skip the life leech gem on incinerate and maybe use iron will or added lightning or something for even more dps.
When my aura gems level up further I might be able to equip saffell's frame instead of rise of the phoenix, and get better overall defences and 30% spell damage, will have to see how that goes.
Another option would be dropping vitality and getting more regen on the tree so I can run something like Haste for more dps and clear speed.

Planned tree now:
Last edited by Sandeerrr on Jul 5, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
"
Kussler88 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, already took the endurance charge by now, wasn't sure whether I was sticking with discharge at first so didn't take it before.
Also, by sticking to the left side of the tree, you spend 2 more points than I do (from stamina to Athlecism) and you miss out on the great life and mana nodes.
And going through the es nodes to EB is also more effecient than how you get there, since I spend 1 more point to get there, but gain 24% increased es.
Another update: http://goo.gl/BBnFRt is my current tree al lvl 82, using:

6L: Incinerate, Added Chaos, Fire pen, spell echo, faster projectiles, gmp
4L: Discharge, Ele prolif, Chance to ignite, Fire pen (3L in doryani's catalyst)
Running Clarity, Discipline and Purity of Fire for lvl 20 aa and gmp incinerate
This seems like a nice build, make sure to put a video when you're done testing so we can see what the build looks like :p
Interested in seeing a video of this in action if you are able to put one up.
Order of the Raven | Guild Leader | IGN:HoneySiphon | GMT -5

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/813491/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info