[1.1.4] Whaitiri's Low Life Dual Flame Totem Culler [no update for 1.2]

Hi everyone, welcome to my Low Life Dual Flame Totem MF Guide!

With the upcoming fix to Aura-Snapshotting interest in viable non-snapshot builds rises, and after mapping together alot of people asked me to post my build.

This build is based on Pls' 10 Aura Low Life Support Culler, but due to substantial differences i've decided to write my own guide. It's completely viable for solo play, and i've also included a CI version for those on a budget. For more info about the CI build, check Comment #2.

"
1. The Build
- Passive Tree
- Bandits
- Gems & Links
- Equipment

2. Playing Style
- Solo Play
- Party Play
- Leveling

3. Media
- Current Gear

--------------------------------------------------------

1. The Build

1.1 Passive Tree

1.2 Bandit Rewards

Kill all Bandits in all difficulties.

1.3 Gems & Links

The core of this build. GMP for shotgunning, Faster Casting and Added Chaos add important DPS for solo play, IIR and IIQ round it up with a decent MF boost. In new leagues, use Faster Projectiles instead of IIQ. I recommend quality on all gems.

Your defensive trigger. You shouldn't need it too often, but you know, just in case. Keep CwDt, Enduring Cry and Immortal Call at the shown levels, Increased Duration can be leveled all the way up to 20. I recommend quality on Immortal Call and Increased Duration.

Your first aura cluster and curse. Those are the only auras you should run on mana. Elemental Weakness is helpful while solo, and also a solid choice for party play. I recommend quality on Elemental Weakness.

One 40% Aura needs to be run with BM to trigger Low Life. AA for more protection. There's no specific reason why AA is linked here, it simply was the only free gem slot. I recommend quality on AA.

Put those auras into Prism Guardian. You can obviously only run one of the three elemental-specific purity auras, choose the element you can't resist-cap through gear. If all are capped, choose Purity of Fire to make some bosses/exiles less scary. No quality needed here.

Your movement skill. It doesn't only help with escaping scary amounts of damage, but while warping you also won't suffer from AA's increased mana drain while moving. I recommend quality on all gems.

1.4 Equipment

Weapon: Heartbreaker. It gives your totems Culling Strike and comes with useful stats like flat ES on top.

Shield: Prism Guardian. This shield enables you to run 6 auras without snapshot, and also provides huge resists and dex.

Chest: Shavronne's Wrappings. I don't recommend to run Solaris Lorica in this build, if you're on a budget please refer to the CI version.

Helmet: A rare helmet with ES, resistances, IIR and if avaiable, IIQ.

Gloves: Aurseize or rare gloves with ES, resistances, IIR and if avaiable, IIQ. Sadima's Touch are a good choice in 4-month leagues.

Boots: Wondertrap. Huge IIR boost while on Low Life, and also some useful dex.

Belt: Perandus Blazon or Demigod's Bounty. Since this build already has lots of IIR, i'd recommend to choose Perandus.

Rings: 2x Andvarius. Insane IIR boost and some dex. The resistance penalty can be negated with purity auras. In perma leagues, you could also go for some top Gold Rings with IIR and IIQ.

Amulet: Any gold amulet with ES, IIR, IIQ if possible and resistances if needed. Eye of Chayula is a good alternative, huge IIR, some dex and you can save some points by not going for Unwavering Stance.

Flasks: Divination Distillate is kind of a no brainer here, get two at most (Don't put quality on them!). A Staunching Granite Flask is another must-have. Fill the other slots with Mana Flasks with "of Heat" and "of Grounding".

2. Playing Style

This build does well in both, solo and party play. I've cleared up to 75 Maps solo, and 78 (79 without boss) in parties. You and your party should keep just one thing in mind:

You are the culler. Not a tank. Not a DPS'er.

2.1 Solo Play

Cast a totem infront of your enemies, corner them with another totem and curse them.
Against bigger packs of ranged enemies, always keep a wall of totems between you and the pack and stay in motion with Lightning Warp. Pop your mana flasks if you have to heavily recast totems.

To effectively make use of Divination Distillate with our high mana regen, either slowly recast a totem or move around a bit while AA is on.

Mapmods you can't run solo are: Blood Magic, Half/No Regen

2.2 Party Play

Always stay close to your party and assist with aura effect and curses. Keep an eye open for rares and bosses and slowly recast totems at them, while popping Divination Distillate.
If no rare is around, just corner packs with totems like in solo play and stay behind your party members.

Mapmods you can't run in party are: Blood Magic

2.3 Leveling.. sorta

I will keep this short and simple: You can't level with this build. Do something like Flameblast or Facebreaker until you can equip Prism Guardian.

Note: Don't pick Ancestral Bond before running the actual totem build!

3. Media

3.1 Current Gear

MF Values with this Gear

Thanks for reading my guide, hope you enjoyed it! Don't hesitate to comment if you have questions, suggestions or anything else to get off your chest!
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Aug 19, 2014, 6:01:02 PM
Budget CI Dual Flame Totem Culler

If you can't afford a Shav's but still want to run my build, this is the right place to look.
Instead of writing a full guide and repeating most parts of the initial Low Life build, i'll just mention all changes and sacrifices you gotta do for the budget version.

1. Passive Tree

2. Auras

Blood Magic doesn't work with CI, and you won't be able to run all six auras on mana, so we need to sacrifice a few of them. Discipline and Clarity are vital. Vitality is kind of 50/50: You can drop it if you can't sustain Flame Totem + AA, but i highly recommend to keep it. This leaves us with dropping Haste, Purity of Elements and Purity of x.

3. Gear

I'll be a genius now and tell you that you won't need Shavronne's Wrappings for this budget CI version! Any high ES Chest with resistances will do, get a Ar/ES or Ev/ES hybrid for easier off colours. Prism Guardian is also not needed, switch it for either Wheel of the Stormsail or an ES shield with resistances. CI means no Low Life, so Wondertrap will be wasted - swich to Goldwyrm. Last but not least, if you get problems capping resistances, switch one or both Andvarius to decent MF rings with resistances.

That's all - goodluck culling your way to a Shav's! :)
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jun 26, 2014, 4:22:25 AM
r u 4 reel?
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Gʀᴇᴀᴛ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ, Wʜᴀɪᴛɪʀɪ!
I'm fucking Charan. Who the fuck are you?
Last edited by xgodsxplanx on Jun 26, 2014, 4:40:10 AM
Nice Guide. Link current gear too!
In-Game Name: BLOOBERRY_
Mall/Shop: 800001 ---------- Magic-Find Build: 746000

[NUKE]
Thanks guys! Added my gear to first post.
twitch.tv/enki91
should post your MF stats
ign: ALLRAUDER
Added my MF values as requested, however this is very gear dependant.
For 4-month leagues i highly recommend to switch Aurseize with Sadimas Touch for the huge quantity bonus.
twitch.tv/enki91
Nice build!its ci build optimizated?i have a summoner mf witch on standard and perhaps will be a totem witch.
"
Radix33 wrote:
Nice build!its ci build optimizated?i have a summoner mf witch on standard and perhaps will be a totem witch.

Thanks! Yes, the CI build works well, you just need to sacrifice some IIR (but will gain more IIQ on the other hand) and can run less auras.
twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info