[1.1.X] 1 Million Damage CoD MF Discharger

One... MILLION... dollars!

Firstly, I have to give most of the credit to Arikado, since this build is primarily his idea (you can find the original here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/770195#p6676807). I have merely made several changes for less damage and more MF, updated the broken skill tree, outlined an efficient and tested leveling path as well as different damage/MF options, and added other small tweaks. Once again, this is his build and he deserves the credit for its ingenuity.

That having been said, thanks for taking a look at my updated version of the Cast on Death Discharger. This is a FUN build that gives you an insane amount of damage by exploiting as many damage modifiers as possible. You can be your own MF "culler," except with a 1-2 million damage cull. Practical? Not really. Hilarious? Absolutely.

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SzhuCVinoU
Almost one-shotting Piety in a 4-man party. Died before I could cast ele weakness, but that's what the firestorms/arc/nova are for.

Also: 1 million damage will NOT one-shot piety in a 6-man party, even with ele weakness. For that, you're going to need a 20 discharge on 6L IM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJo6mt4LOys
Dominus runs with a buddy. You'll notice that I accidentally died before I could pop the elixirs versus Dom's first form, but that's what the firestorms/arc/nova are for.

Pros & Cons

Pros:
You do anywhere from 800k-2 million damage depending on how much MF you sacrifice and the levels of your discharge & support gems.
You can run MF jewelry all you want, or you could just stack elemental/spell damage and crit multiplier jewelry.
You don't have to worry about survivability at all, like how cool is not having to grab dozens of health/ES nodes?
Cheap and easy. Total set is valued at like 2 exalts tops. It takes ~3 days to farm and buy everything.
You get the benefits of a low-life build like Pain attunement and Wondertrap, but you don't need Shavs.

Cons:
You need uniques. A lot of them.
You are the squishiest thing ever. This means you can't be a runner... which means:
You need a friend or other reliable party member to run this with, who you know and you can trust to split valuable drops 50/50.
You can't do anything else with this build other than one-shotting bosses for fun.
You can’t run divin dist for rarity/quantity, since you’re dead (aww)

Concept

Cast on Death has a very high damage modifier. Discharge has an extremely high crit chance and base damage. Doedre's Elixir can fuel your Discharge with charges, but takes away HP... but if you wanted to die, this is the perfect combo.

Essentially, you have -60% chaos resist. Doedre's Elixir x5 will deal 50% of your hp in chaos damage, or 80% of your hp total. They will also give you 15 total charges. You activate blood rage or any other method of suicide (usually not necessary), cast elemental weakness, and explode with your Discharge on Cast on Death.

The 1 million damage value is using average-roll daggers, rarity gloves/boots, and heatshiver with +2 levels on a level 18 discharge. If you have a level 20 discharge, you’ll be seeing a few hundred thousand more damage, but if you have a level 17 discharge on infernal mantle, you can expect something more like 750-800k damage. Regardless, that should be enough to one-shot in a 2-man party.

Bandits
You only need the Endurance charge from merc, since the tree only has +1 endurance charges. Get the passive point from all others.

Tree

Because this tree spans the entire top half of the tree, it can be done with either Templar, Shadow, or Witch. The witch start is the best purely because of that one 40% mana regen node at the start that you can refund, whereas the Templar build takes 92 points since his 40% can't be refunded, and the Shadow start lacks that one single quality-of-life node. The build progressions are rather squishy, giving you only 80% hp total. Feel free to take up to 4 additional hp nodes if you feel like it.

Recipe

Regardless of MF or damage builds, you’re going to need the following:
Infernal Mantle
Doedre’s Elixir x5
Perandus Blazon
2 daggers with high crit chance and spell damage (explained later)

For the MF build:
High rarity amulet/rings
High rarity helmet
Rarity gloves or Sadima’s Touch
Wondertrap

For the damage build:
Heatshiver and Infernal mantle 4L OR Infernal mantle 5L/6L and Malachi’s Simula/Chitus' Apex (explained later)
Windscream
Doedre’s Tenure
Crit multiplier and spell/elemental damage amulet/rings

Also, you’ll need the following gems:
Cast on Death x5 (Quality for the Discharge CoD recommended)
Firestorm (a lot of them), and/or any other AOE spell that you’d like to throw in
Elemental Weakness
Blood Rage (lvl 1 for fastest self-kill)
Faster casting
Discharge
Concentrated Effect
Increased critical damage (Quality recommended)
Optional: Added (element) damage, increased AOE, or other damage boosters to Discharge IF Infernal Mantle is 5/6L
Optional: Portal gem

Gear setup explained
For the build to work reliably, you need 95% crit chance and Discharge has 8% base crit chance. This means you need at least 1,088% additional crit chance to reach 95%. The tree gives 315% crit and 170% spell crit for a total of 485% crit chance. Infernal Mantle gives 100%. The 5 power charges give 250%. These 3 things give you 835% chance in total, which means your two daggers must provide 253 crit chance in addition to whatever spell damage and crit multiplier they provide.
Optional: If you are able to get a marvelous 353% crit chance from your daggers and any other rings/amulets, you can opt out of Infernal mantle and use something else, like a Carcass Jack.

Discharge is a Fire, Ice, and Lightning spell. It will get +1 level from Infernal Mantle, and +2 levels from Heatshiver. Therefore, the damage order is as follows:
Strongest (& most expensive): IM 6L + Malachi
IM 5L + Malachi
IM (any link) + Heatshiver BBBG (be warned, these colors are a bit hard to get)
Weakest (and cheapest): IM 4L + Malachi

On 4L Heatshiver/IM, you want Discharge + CoC + Concentrated effect + Increased crit multiplier. On 5L or 6L IM, you can add either Increased Area and/or Added X elemental damage. Regardless, the item you put Discharge on should have one G and the rest B.

On all other items, you want one G and all B (which is why I took Sadima's Touch over Aursieze). Put a CoD with as many Firestorms/spells as you desire. (Optional: on a 4L GBBR glove/boot, use CoD + 2 Firestorm + Increased duration for more damage, only if your rings/amulet/belt provide enough strength to run ID). Why all the firestorms + other spells? In case Discharge doesn't crit, you get killed before you can activate Doedre's Elixir, you can't get elemental weakness off in a large group, etc.
Optional: Elemental weakness on COD for insurance
Optional: Portal gem on CoD for quality-of-life.

On one dagger, you want Elemental Weakness, Blood Rage, and Faster Casting.

Current gear

This is what I’m currently running just to give an idea of what a set is like. It’s partial MF except for the Heatshiver for the extra damage. Both daggers were self-found.

Plus the IIR rings/amulet that my friend keeps, since I had never invested in MF gear before.

It's just a fun end-of-season project for the lols more so than a practical build. Hope you check it out and see if you like it.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Jun 25, 2014, 6:23:18 PM
don't forget about quality on CoD!!!
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
is this hardcore viable?
yes, absolutely and totally. you need some more life nodes for HC, then it is ok.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info