DRelentless' Low-life / Cast on Melee Kill Discharger -> For Real

The Build: Low-life Cyclone/Cast on Melee Kill- Discharge (update 1)
Budget: 8 exa (5 exa possible)- Temporary Leagues

Cheap Cast on Melee Kill THAT actually works / Redbeak Synergy at its finest
No Shavs/ End Game /HC viable with practice / 6 aura - no snapshot / Tons of Fun!

Build Concept: Attacker/Caster Hybrid

Cyclone is used to proc Cast on MK, it synergizes well with Discharge since both are AOE skill. It gets most of the damage from Wrath & Anger aura and Blood Rage & Frenzy's increase attack speed. It gets scaled by 2 Redbeak (200%) + Passive tree elemental/area damages + Gear's any weapon damage, then everything will be multiplied by Concentrated effect gem. At current gear/passive setup Cyclone buffed DPS= 9,443, that dps alone is enough to carry you through low 70's maps.

Discharge gets the damage from Power charges (generated by Romira's Banquet), Frenzy charges (by Blood Rage after kill), and Endurance charges (low CwDT setup). It is then scaled by 2 Redbeak (200%) + Passive tree elemental/area damages + Gear's any elem damage, then everything will be multiplied by Concentrated effect gem. At current gear/passives setup Discharge full charge(5P, 3F, 3E) DPS = around 21,118, although you seldom achieve this.

You will always hit with Resolute Technique, and will not fail to generate power charges with Romira's, then get frenzy charges on every kill with Blood Rage up, so after a single mob is killed, the rest of the packs usually gets killed instantly with proc Discharge, generating yet again a frenzy & power charges. you have enough ES leech (Ghost Reaver) for both Cyclone & Discharge to tank through every pack of mobs. Take it easy with reflect though.

Current Gears

Passive Tree
Passive skill tree build
The tree is not yet fully optimized I believe

Stats
http://imgur.com/yf18aMT (Offense Cyclone - Aura+Bloodrage+3Frenzy)
http://imgur.com/cCm4kwe (Offense CoMK Discharge - 5 Power, 3 Frenzy, 2 Endurance)
http://imgur.com/DQxu04A (Defense - Auras+Gears) & showing Searing Bond Tooltip dps

Leveling
Uhh.. Just follow my other "Low-life Redbeak Series" lazy leveling guide :D
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/953756-Reaver
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/949442

Play Style
Due to a bit low ES, practice for cyclone positioning is important, especially for maps with too many walls or obstructing objects. Must cast curse to highly ele resist mobs, magic, rares, but whites not necessary, always kill the weakest first and as close as possible to rares or bosses. Cast Searing Bond to help for 1on1 with bosses or if needed in some situations.

Diving to pack of mobs is the play-style for this build, with cyclone immunity to stun, there is no need to take Unwavering Stance Passive. Be careful with reflect packs, the weaker they are the more dangerous to you, since Discharge damage is huge. Also be careful with freezing mobs. Always drink flasks before engaging very big packs.

Last edited by Drelentless on Jun 28, 2014, 6:14:40 AM
interesting concept, you have to include catalyse at the templar area though, you miss a lot of dps with your cyclone. sadly i cant watch the vid since i am in germany and you are using music in background. i build something similar with righteous fire and cyclone. i used firestorm though because i did not have the charges.
Last edited by Pendulu on Jun 27, 2014, 9:23:07 PM
"
Pendulu wrote:
interesting concept, you have to include catalyse at the templar area though, you miss a lot of dps with your cyclone. sadly i cant watch the vid since i am in germany and you are using music in background. i build something similar with righteous fire and cyclone. i used firestorm though because i did not have the charges.

Sorry about the video. I'll upload later a similar video without the music. I'll check again the passives, thanks. Yes, I thought about the righteous fire as well, but the damage i think of RF will kill them off, and unable to trigger CoMK, thats why I use Searing Bond when needed only. But I would like to learn how you make it work also, we may learn a thing or two from each others concept. :)
"
Pendulu wrote:
sadly i cant watch the vid since i am in germany and you are using music in background.

You could use ProxMate add-on. It bypasses those annoying GEMA blockings.
Already linked the earlier Bazaar map run. It was a shorter version and without a Searing Bond yet.

I also already removed the link from sub Reddit. I got no energy trying to defend the build to peeps out there who don't even go through build details, figures and concepts link to this thread, and already start commenting like they know any better. Then, start comparing this to other broken low-life combos that cost a lot.

Last edited by Drelentless on Jun 28, 2014, 6:52:51 AM
Would this work with cast on crit and no Resolute Technique? That way discharge would still trigger vs bosses when all adds are dead.
"
Would this work with cast on crit and no Resolute Technique? That way discharge would still trigger vs bosses when all adds are dead.

No. Sorry it won't. Redbeak has only 5% crit chance base, and you don't have extra passive to put on crit chance nodes. It is more balanced build than a CoC in my opinion, as it doesn't die automatically to lightning thorns mobs unlike most CoC builds, and better againts single target boss as the cyclone alone can kill bosses, and even faster if with searing bond.
Hey, my friend would like to try your build for our next duo-project. Would it be possible for you to update the tree?
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
"
Pennen wrote:
Hey, my friend would like to try your build for our next duo-project. Would it be possible for you to update the tree?

Hi this build is a mana based low life Build and the nerf on aura mana reservation affects it pretty bad also with heavy nerf on wrath & Anger. I believe this build is not very efficient already. Becasue the main damage source of "melee kill" is wrath & anger. although the spell damage of discharge was buffed pretty well.

But the concept is still there, find a melee skill & spell skill that synergize. The weapon also benefit both melee & Spell, I can only think of Doryani's Catalyst as replacement.

In the future, If I have time I'll try to work out maybe a similar build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info