HC 2H Infernal Blow / Molten Shell

First off, there are more viable builds out there. But most are also more boring. That's why I've come up with this one, exploding stuff is just pretty damn fun and although the AoE is small, this can be remedied through skills. IB itself has fine DPS and as of 0.10 +25% damage effectiveness instead of 12% attack damage.

The general idea is to facetank with Molten Shell and deal massive fire AoE. I will keep some kind of physical AoE and single target gems as backup for solo play; I'm going to party with a Templar using Flammability and a generally party oriented build most of the time.

The final build will look something like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtBg4J9g48Dq0UIBRNFFIUcRjbGS4b-iFgJIslrSXfJ9Un7Si1KS4ppTIJMok6UjwFPQ89_ECgQ5xG10d-UEdQUFRJValWBFcNWGNfP2BLYIhhIWFSY_1lTWoecql07XTxdud35XrvfLh8u3zZgziE2YTvhmCHaouMjM-QbJe0nrmezZ_Ln9-iAKQZpzCoGKloqZSrxayqrLq53cRYxPbFisbY0iHZYd-_4XPnUu0g7w7vTu988B_yL_ZI974=

There's one big skill I'm not sure about though: Iron Reflexes
Of course I'll try to get armor only gear, but I will inevitably build up some Dex and Evasion through item properties. But I don't know if that will justify putting 6 points into Dex nodes for it, although Crystal Skin is obviously nice to have.

I'd very much appreciate some advice on that. If you have ideas on where I could optimize nodes or where I went wrong (still new to PoE mechanics), please tell me.
Last edited by zhokar on Feb 2, 2013, 6:05:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info