[Work in Progress] Piscator Aura-based Ele wander

I wanted to make a character that could be geared in under 20EX, had good clear speed in 76+ maps, and could do Atziri. I also wanted to do a non-mainstream build, so RF and ST was out of consideration. I don't know if I have succeeded yet, and I would like advice on gear/tree, and even on doing atziri herself.

Overview
I decided to go for a piscator aura-based witch. At L86 I have 202% life, 10k LMP+chain with L20 anger/wrath and L18 haste in alpha's and a 5L power siphon. In real combat DPS is slightly different because of ele weakness, shock, and burn. Link to poebulider tree. 74s are easy solo, 75-76 are doable but I require multiple volleys for most packs, and bosses are hard. I can swap haste for purity for Magera and off-screen bookman. I cannot do ele-reflect, no reg, and blood magic. Minus-max and 50% reg are doable, but I have to play carefully. Ele-reflect packs are doable, I'm not sure why ele-reflect maps hurt so much ATM.

Main links
AOE: Power Siphon - Chain - LMP - Life Leech - WED - Inc Crit (in that order)
if ele-reflect continues to a be a problem Inc Crit may be swapped for Ele-Prolif with the static blows cluster in tree.
Single Target: Ele Hit - Faster Attack - WED - Inc Crit
Auras: Red Mana - Wrath - Anger - Haste
CWDT: CWDT - Enduring Cry - Frost Wall (- Enfeeble)
Movement: Light Warp - Red Dura
Clarity and Ele weakness are unlinked.

Defense vs. Offense
I tried IR, I tried Ondar's, I tried AA, I tried cloak-MoM. I spent many orbs of regret. The best option was pure life. If you want to get high life and IR, your damage will most likely be bad.

The goal for LMP+chain is about 15k in order to be doing 77/78s comfortably. If I get a usable 6L and L3 empower I will be at 14.5k LMP+chain. Each of anger/wrath being corrupted to L21 adds about 500 DPS after that to surpas the goal of 15k.

Mana
The main reason we can't do MoM or AA is mana reservation and mana drain. A 5L power siphon PS-WED-Chain-LMP-LL is 87 mana. With inc crit it's 114 mana. With haste I'm doing 2.39 attacks per second. With 5L this is a mana drain of 207.9 M/s, with 6L it's a drain of 272.5 M/s. My mana reg is 178.8 atm, and will be 210 with deep thoughts (L89). The unreserved mana pool is small: 350ish mana, so at a deficit of -30 m/s (5L) I fire a blank after 9 seconds of combat. This is acceptable. With AA it would be a deficit of 70 m/s and the blank would be after 4 seconds of combat. This may be ok solo, but not in party play. To sustain a 6L power siphon you need tons of jewelry with mana reg, but jewelry also adds DPS, res, and life, so getting both is expensive. L20 ele hit is more than double the mana draw of power siphon, I think it would unsustainable. Or you would give up so much DPS from gear that you would be worse off than power siphon.

Plan for Atziri
For vaal fight use Saffell's + PoL instead of haste + 2x Topaz flask.
For champions fight use 2x Inc Armor surgeons granite. Manually cast enduring cry and 20/20 IC supported by 20/20 Inc Dura.
For atziri use Saffell's + 2x Ruby flask + PoF instead of haste.

My gear(total value about 12-13ex):
Spoiler

~found cruel docks, value probably 1.5ex

~bought 20c

~bought 20c

~bought 2ex

~found & exalted WED, value 2ex

~bought for 10c, and crafted for 15c

~bought for 20c

~bought for 5c wat

~bought with L20 anger, L20 wrath for 3.5ex

~bought for 20c, normally elehit-faster attack-inc crit-wed

The ring gives about 2k DPS and amu 2.5k.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jun 20, 2014, 4:00:41 PM
Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBogAyAR8CBAenCPsJ2wLbCzMM2RPrFLIZ0xuCHi0fbRnkItgkmybwH1croi4XL1AwjDYaOCQ87DhQQmNDj0ZRRw5IVUsUTSlPtUhJUXBSc1PAVJBVwFGnXAdjDlzPZeNqGmxabS9vAnE_cxB0z3pte-d0jX1Ffqp_p4QZhTKJGYrjhDt8hX0ajyaVEZaCm52jgKQnqSSq_KudriSwTLOio5u1qrhwuxa_D8Q2xVXGjb-4ynjO0NCG0frSGdVV1n_GBLP22ofb893o1lfid-X_3mTnNuki6vPqwfPe9mHi

Some gear I plan on using:
Spoiler

I'm about to purchase a 30% WED belt and 2 26%+ WED rings and Alpha's Howl

I also plan on making a Piscator based Ele Wander and this is the tree I plan on using (in Standard). I'm on my phone atm so I can't view your tree because poebuilder is not mobile friendly but 202% life seems a bit low. I think the biggest problem with my tree is the lack of max mana but I can unspec out of the branch near Ondar's Guile for Mana Geyser and take the health nodes near the Shadow power charge.

Links I plan on using are:
HELMET: RM, Anger, Wrath, Haste
WEAPON: Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Reduced Duration
SHIELD: RM, Clarity, Ele Weakness
CHEST: Power Siphon, LMP, Chain, WED, LL, Additional Accuracy (only for a 6L)
GLOVES: Ele Hit, FA, Inc Crit DMG, WED 
BOOTS: CwDT, EC, IC, Inc Dur

I've never made an ele wander before so your insight is much appreciated!

EDIT: After looking at your tree, I do believe that yours is superior to mine. I made adjustments to mine to be similar to yours. By dropping Heartseeker and picking up Arcing Blows and Inner Force, I would hope that it offsets the damage lost from the lower crit multi.
My updated tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBogAfAnkDBAenCPsJ2wLbC9kTbRnTG4Ie8B_kItgkLR9XK1YtFy9QMFM1jDbsOMM6JDw2PRo4Y0OPRg5IVUsUTSlPtUhJUXBSc1PAVJBVwFGnXAdjDlzPZeNqiGsabFptL28CcT9z53Rtezt8hX1Ffqx_p4QZhRB_MYgyiRmK44QMfRqPbWy4kyaVEZYQdIKb1p3Gnp2jgKQnqSSqD6tirJ2uJLCdqkyzoqObtXC7_KsWvw_ENsV_xrjKBLPQ0IbR-tJ4zlXG9trz3VXWGddX4nflZOc26fPqwfMI9GHi

Last edited by landrew831 on Jun 21, 2014, 9:00:38 PM
Nice gear, res definitely helps on amu.

The nice thing about additional accuracy is that it doesn't increase mana drain over a 5L, but I think it's better to get mana reg on gear and put in a DPS gem like inc crit damage or ele-prolif. I'm leaning towards inc crit since ele prolif doesn't seem to do much.

I got to level 88. I tried Atziri. I could do the double vaals relatively safely with Saffell's, PoL, and Topaz flasks. I had no chance against the trio, and didn't get to try Atziri, but would probably have trouble with the clone phase. I'm not sure if this build can be made atziri-viable without huge investments.

Current tree (L88).

I updated my gear to the following:
Spoiler

The armor was cheap, I bought it for 3 exalts and crafted it in about 15C including chroms.

The belt and shield I'm using for armor/block. The character was too squishy without it, and still is pretty squishy.

The helm I bought for 6.5ex. In expectation it's over 5000 chroms to get RRRB, so it's better to buy than try to make it yourself. The -8% reservation is necessary with my tree, as it saves a 6 point treck to the Leadership -5% reservation node.

With Atziri's foible I have 285 Mana reg/s, which is enough to sustain a 6L power siphon drawing 271 Mana/s. I have about 13.5k LMP+chain DPS and 170ish unreserved mana with this setup. If I use my DPS amu, and snapshot clarity with Blood Magic, I have 16k LMP+chain DPS and a mana deficit of -60/s, and an unreserved pool of about 350 mana. At this point ele reflect is a problem. If I continue playing this character I will probably have to give up DPS for survivability.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info