Gorgothus' DW Cyclone build - 48k tooltip dps - expensive - Atziri capable

Hi All,

I'd like to share my build with everyone, it's kind of pricey if you want to get up there in DPS but I'm sure you can cheap out a bit and still be effective.

What this build requires for good DPS: Soul taker + good rolled abyssus + high pdps 1h + 6L chest. My current Cyclone DPS with hatred/haste is 48k and 58k with atz flask (dps will be higher when all my gems are 20/20).

If you can't afford a soul taker/6L chest, two decent dps 1h + 5L can work, but a 6L at the very least is definitely recommended (perhaps even a tabula rasa).

Note on soul taker: Soul taker is amazing for this build, instead of spending tons of life with blood magic, you get it free :D. This, in combination with LGOH + phys leech on gear + life regen makes you get back any life lost very quickly.

I've been soloing atziri with this build, so much so that I've started an atziri service. My runs usually take anywhere from 5-10 mins. I haven't tried uber yet, so I'm not sure how I'd fair.

Divination Flask:
Spoiler

Update: if you're going to do atziri with this build and have a soul taker, I highly recommend picking up a:

They're so awesome I use 2 of them.

When you use it with a res flask it makes it so you can face tank through clones (99% fire, 98% lightning with respective res flask).

Notes on 5 socket:
Spoiler

If you use a 5L without soul taker, your DPS will should be around 25-30k. I tried this out and replaced my soul taker with a 290ish dps 1h and used blood magic -> melee phys dmg -> cyclone -> LGOH -> concentrated effect and my dps was 27k (jumped up to 34.5k when faster attacks is added). Your gear may be better or worse than mine. If you use a 5L, a carcass jack would seem like a good choice.

Passive Tree @ lvl 92 (at 93 I'd take the 3rd Buff Duration node to make atz 3 boss fight a little easier, but definitely not necessary):
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAAYB5wOHBS0UIBX2GE0YkRmFGjgabButHRQdyiP2JKonLyjbNJM26DbpOJY9_ECgR35KfU4qUEdT31XGVvpXDVhjWNtZ81n-Wkhbr18_YEtieWNwZU1mnmeAZ6Bn4moebmlwcnKpcsN07XhJeu-DfITZhO-HdotPjM-PRpBVkc6SfZVmmG-bg57NpKymPqcwp4SoB6gYqwusqrZBtxe77byfvqfAGsbYzAbM289l0NDQ7tIh037dDd_v42rjn-XP7g7vDu9O73rv4-_w8i_z3fZI9zL3o_rS_MU=

Bandits:
Spoiler

oak
oak
oak

Current Gear (note: doryani mace subject to change):
Spoiler

Notes:
The abyssus is a great addition to this build and makes up a huge chunk of dps. You'll need a high duration immortal call on cwdt though.

Thoughts on WoE and BoR: Great pieces that can help up your survivability, and you'll spend a lot less, but I feel that the soul taker/abyssus/6L chest is a better choice due to the higher dps. If you can't afford much, these are great options.

I'm currently working towards a 6L Carcass Jack chest, which should fit into this build perfectly (although it will make me change up some things to account for missing res).

Gems:
Spoiler

6L: Cyclone -> concentrated effect -> melee dmg on full life -> LGOH -> melee phys dmg -> faster attacks

Auras: Hatred + Haste

I have a lvl 1 cwdt and lvl 4 enduring cry set up, to help quickly build endurance charges. I then have a high lvl cwdt/enduring cry/immortal call/duration set up as well, so when immortal call does go off, it usually lasts for a very long time. This is especially important since the abyssus increases physical dmg taken. This set up is mostly for atziri trash, since when I'm spinning I'm still getting hit by the ranged ones, which trigger the low lvl cwdt. When one of the melees actually do hit me, it casts immortal call (and sometimes the high lvl enduring cry if it's not on cd).

Additional notes: When I fight the 3 bosses before atziri, I switch to manual end cry/immortal call. Your immortal call should last around 10 seconds or so.
When I fight atziri, I switch hatred out for purity of fire and use spell totem + curse.
Last edited by korgoroth1 on Jun 29, 2014, 8:23:28 PM
Nice build what is DW??
Dual wield :P
Updated a bit.

I've dropped grace completely and solely use haste now. I've mostly been doing atziri runs the last week or so and this build has worked great for it. Double vaal die quickly and safely, the 3 boss are a breeze and atziri goes down quick. Clearing out the trash mobs, if you choose to, are a piece of cake as well.

I also dropped all spellblock items in favor of upping my life.

To finish off my build I'll need a high pdps 1h axe to replace the doryani sceptre. I'm still undecided if I want to get a 6L carcass jack, I will if i can get one and also make up the res differences.
Last edited by korgoroth1 on Jun 27, 2014, 9:21:35 PM
This looks interesting. My between leagues project is Atziri, so keep that in mind please. I have the good fortune to have access to the Soultaker part of the gear for this, but only either a really nice 5L red chest, 5L carcass Jack, or Tabula Rasa. I'm thinking 5L red chest, but will see how everything plays out gear-wise.
So questions:
Which chest would you recommend for Atziri?
How much leech do you think is necessary on gear?
Offhand - Doryani's or 1h pDPS? Does offhand attack speed matter?
How do you think this compares to high block (BoR, rainbowstrides, stone of lahzwar, etc)?

Thanks for your input,
S9

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info