Help with My First Character

Let me start by saying that this is my first POE character and I've only been playing for the past week. I spent a weekend before I started playing trying to read and understand as much about the game as I could, but the amount of information is just overwhelming. I read a few different guides and then decided on the base of a build I wanted to play. My reasons for my decisions to play a duelist and dual wield swords are mostly due to the style of play that I enjoy. Please do not berate me for my choices. I am only looking for positive advice or constructive criticism. Thanks in advance!

Important Information About My Character
-Duelist
-Dual Wield Swords
-Skills (I do not have all of the supporting gems yet):
Warlord's Mark supported by Cast when Damage Taken, Increased Duration, and Reduced Mana
Dual Strike supported by Life Leech, Melee Physical Damage, Melee Splash, Reduced Mana, and Faster Attacks
Hatred supported by Reduced Mana
-Goals I'm trying to achieve with my equipment: elemental resistance, chaos resistance, and life leech

My overall character goals are to be able to deal powerful, quick attacks that hit multiple targets while sustaining and replenishing my life with life leech. I'm hoping that this will allow me to be able to solo most parts of the game.

Here is my current passive skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmy0XHVeXYEER1b6nmSunn5-jAdzi6mEhEuG-ingNqW5sRnJsMgm18m6qSshYrzboAeenMJ7N0iFqHqgY8i-i6u9OQKCeuSFgwQfXfjQ1dPHUUgbul3BjFxjbQ5wOrRR1Ou10QVb67g7vetN-cHIDh5Vm.

What I would like is help figuring out where to go next with my passive skills. Specifically, what keystone skill(s) I should take, if any, and any other notable skills. If I can get enough life leech, I'd like to take Vaal Pact. I also think I'm going to take Weapon Artistry, Dervish, and By the Blade. Other than that, I figure I have about 16 points to play around with.

Let me know if you have any questions about my character. Otherwise, I look forward to hearing your advice.

Last edited by MrFlom on Jun 19, 2014, 1:34:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info