Low-Level Dueling (LLD) PVP Beginner's Guide

Thanks a lot for the effort that you've put into this nice guide.

Lets just hope that there will be an update to the "PvP tournaments start soon!" (~PoE Profile since Dez 2013 )
Last edited by Apokalyxio on Jun 17, 2014, 4:26:39 PM
^ we dont need them. We are doing ladder/tourneys on poearena with MTX Point prizes.
IGN: @GreenDude
"
Great guide!

"
Fightgarr wrote:

6-socketable items are a minor exception to this, since you need level 50 itemlevel for 6 sockets; although a 5 link is more than enough for many LLD builds and a level 50 item can be hard to craft for a level 28 player requirement.

With the +1 socket strongboxes in ambush, you can roll 6 sockets on itemlevel 35+ (and 5S @ 28+)...

You sir have graduated from the Basic LLD course. Welcome to intermediate level.

We also cover crafting, weapon swaps and corrupted gear in the intermediate course. Coming soon?
"
GreenDude wrote:
^ we dont need them. We are doing ladder/tourneys on poearena with MTX Point prizes.

Well as a matter of fact this was a kind of a promised feature soon after Open Beta, and this has been postponed many times now. I'm not specifically angry about it being postponed so much, I'm just sad that GGG, though they are such a great company, are not very transparent on the progress of this project.

I went Exalted Supporter cause I was in awe of the upcoming PvP changes (CTF, Tournaments, PvP alt art rewards) back when they announced the upcoming content of the Open Beta Patch. I don't regret my choice, cause PoE is still an amazing game with the best I've ever seen publisher.

I'd just be happy to have a bit more transparency / honesty when something doesn't work as planned.

A lot of people have a misconception that GGG will or said they would organize Tournaments. This is NOT true. PoeArena exists because even when GGG releases their "events" these will not be competetive tourneys but rather, just a set time for people to queue up in town and at the end of the time, those with most points get special rewards, and you accumulate pvp points just like race points. These events will surely be fun, but not competitive. They will never determine accurately who is a better player as you could potentially queue up against new players all the time and farm them for points in a way, never encountering skillful players.

This is why I don't care how long it takes. It will still be fun and the rewards will make it worthwhile, but at the end of the day, I want a real tournament that showcases skill, and thats why poearena is there. We are making a ladder to determine the best players and those best few will be invited to a tournament.

Note also that the mtx points we use at poearena are all donated by Chris directly. He supports organized tournaments and understands their importance.
BUMP FOR LLD

I am gonna make one on standard today!
"
jaaaz wrote:
BUMP FOR LLD

I am gonna make one on standard today!

That's awesome, mission accomplished!

I'll add some vids to the intro section soon. I might take some vids of each of the 1v1 arenas too. I'd like to study them more closely myself :P
Wtf? Why does this suddenly gain 3k views in one day? Its not even funny. Maybe we should just add "guide" in all forum threads here and it gets more views?
good guide. To be fair though I believe Dzordzo did a very comprehensive guide over all of this content about 2 years ago. Guides like this somehow just disappear over time. Never the less it doesn't hurt to have multiple guides : )

"
GreenDude wrote:

Please don't say things like this greendude. The current player made pvp is a good filler and would be awesome if it stuck around but that does not give GGG any excuse to become lazy and leave PvP support to players. They have spoken of Alt art rewards and speed tourneys multiple times. Just because we have taken the initiative doesn't mean they get to sit back and ignore their past announcements. I want better rewards than just MTX points. I think the MTX points are awesome but no where near the glory promised from GGG years ago.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Jun 18, 2014, 3:26:14 PM
@Grindcore: Your putting words in my mouth. I didn't imply that they shouldn't bother doing pvp cause we are doing it. All i'm saying is we don't depend on them. We can still have (and are having) an lld scene whether its with or without them.

In fact, I know pvp is still in their plans:

"
[6/9/2014 8:22:54 PM] Chris Wilson: thanks! we're definitely keen to see how it goes
and have lots of PvP lined up for the future

Again: Don't assume that i dont want pvp events, im excited. But even when they show, there will still be a need for a competitive scene with organized tournaments.
Last edited by GreenDude on Jun 18, 2014, 11:39:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info