[1.2] 30%+ Instant Leech Dual Claw Guide

Bringer of rain can i used?
Yes, definetely.
I would actually recommend it until you feel the need for one more aura/freeze immunity/stun immunity (Alpha's) or as a cheap alternative to a 6L chest, though it is not as good as a chest + helmet combo life and armour wise.
"
I am curious also how do you stay alive when you only have 2% Life Leech. I just put blood magic in the 4L and dual strike is like 63 life how in the world do you stay alive?

He uses bloodseeker claws. They offer 9% instant life leech (with that weapon). It's the main piece to this build
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Any chance that you'll be updating the tree for 1.2?
Yep, I will update the tree.

Here are two drafts. The first one is pretty similar to the current tree and the second ones skips the marauder starting area with its armour and resistances and endurance charges for more life.
I dont know which one is better, if the additional regen from the first is not needed for blood rage, it is probably the second.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BFx1HfleXFFJgQWVNEdWE2b6nWNvv41PfY3CbgzSThO-2QXTtYSFOKnrvGlUS4VuvKaVgS2Sj3Q0FLTbo_MUB5zpSg3xW-megpzAOPKgH7g6HdhQgns1Co5_LZ4Cjikp9UEfSIScLI_ZMYBiRah5XDYO2TZKNfQSxqBiRzjB8lWbyL7vtUUcDh1RJ9zKNv3ByG60aPnKpBbXTfikufNnC7PGstMV8uBX9YqxfP42BijidqmyM45_2SEscZK8nL4zPj8FF9O8OPfzWB29XvJ9YY311_ro=
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BFx1HfleXFFJgQWVNEdWE2b6nWNsl3-_jU98b-mNwm4OkGTSThO8B3LZBdO2-ik4qeu94DVuvKaVgS1ivqW7dDQUtNui18vzFOlI1klb6Z6C3Fw48_o_Yve4Oh3Zc-UKjn8sUcU3j_gqjikp9ZFonC_jrplfyRSP2TGA4loO26hg64U2SjX0EsfcyMHyVZnKpUUcDh6yqfNmNv3ByG60n7QW10378S8LsbBa0xYcZFf1irI2BijidqmyMSxxkr4_BRfTWB29XpzAUIFBHGJF9df66MZ4=

Overall it seems like not much changed.

This all goes under the assumption that three auras are still possible with the 4% node (down from 5%) and Alpha's, what should be possible from my calculations.
If it is not possible, I will need to change more.
Take Deadly Dilettante instead of Fencing for the second tree (+2% AS and physical).

This build is still viable and fun (even if I don't have a claw in my off-hand, kinda YOLO against some maps' bosses).
Hi, is this build also viable as a ahadow? and what would be the recommended tree?
Last edited by mrkompetenz on Aug 22, 2014, 3:16:14 AM
Ok, I respecced my char now and went with the second tree slightly variated: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSubLb2BFx1HfleXFFJgQWVNEdWE2b6nWNsl3-_jU98b-mNwm4OkGTSThO8B3LZBdO2-ik4qeu94DVuvKaVgS1ivqW7dDQUtNui18vzFOlI1klb6Z6AOPP6P2L3uDod2QqOfyxRxTeP-CqOKSn0nC_jrpzCmV_JFI_ZMYIO26hgUIDrhMZ5Nko19BLH3MlBHMHyVZnKpGJFRRwOHfNmNv3ByG60FtdN-wux9dbTF_roV_WKsjYGKOJ2qbIxLHGSvj8FF9NYHb1e77ZHO4JUISbLcVug=

I have two points left at lvl 89 that will probably go into Normal and Merciless Oak (Life + Endurance Charge) once I decide to lvl this char further.

With the new tree I gained ~100 life (without Normal Oak reward) and 4k dps but lost like 2k Armour (67% -> 61% estimated physical dmg reduction with 5 end charges).
Also I lose a bit life with Blood Rage on (~20/s) and no Endurance Charges, with 3 or more Endurance Charges I outregen it.
So overall it seems like a buff to this build also considering most other builds lost life with the patch so 5k now is probably a not bad amount of life.

For the lvls after 89 I see three possibilities: 5 points for the Barbarism life cluster near Resolute Technique, 3 points for the Duality Cluster (24% phys dmg, 6% aspd in total) between Marauder and Duelist area or four points for the Fencing cluster that I took in my first draft (34% phys dmg, 6% aspd for 4 points).

"
FullgtO wrote:
Take Deadly Dilettante instead of Fencing for the second tree (+2% AS and physical).

Thanks for pointing it out, took that cluster now

"
mrkompetenz wrote:
Hi, is this build also viable as a ahadow? and what would be the recommended tree?

While Duelist is optimal, I think you could also go Shadow if you really want to.

I dont have a tree at hand but you could take the lower route in the Shadow starting area through Attack Speed, Coordination, Sleight of Hand and Quickness and connect with my tree through the two 10 dext nodes between Quickness and the Blood Drinker life cluster. You'd also need to take the 8% mana node in the Duelist starting area to connect both sides and skip some dmg nodes elsewhere to take the same amount of points.
Last edited by fireSD on Aug 23, 2014, 7:24:43 AM
Did you ever think of going Blood Magic/mortal Conviction.

I thought of using like 8/9 auras with some reservation nodes.

Using
+ Ghost Reaver.

With Armour / Es equip + some life on hit maybe.

Problem will be Chaos damage -> Shavs (can't afford it ) or the other chest. And getting chaos res to 75.

Don't know if this would be possible.

Nope I didn't think about that. But I don't think this build is the best for that, other builds benefit far more from that many auras.

Also if you go with Bloodseeker you will need an Off Hand or your dps will not be great, that means no shield and good luck rolling Shavs to 6 off colours. Or you go with the Lorica and have no ES from Shield and Chest.

And yeah I can't afford a Shavs anyway and Lorica is probably pretty glasscannon without a shield, so won't try it out.

If you want to go Blood Magic Aura Build, go with something that benefits more from auras, like Elemental/Hybrid Builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info