EXTRA GORE- option to disable effect

i want to use this helm-- but i do not want extra gore as it just gives my already struggling pc more work to do---- also your ground effects drop fps. i never if i can help it run maps with light/fire/chilled/desecrate mods-- not becuase i find them difficult they just slow my computer down.... please please please ggg- let us at least have the option to disable extra gore--
We all know your hidden agenda. You want to turn off these beautiful effects and take bad looking screenshots to demote PoE!!

GGG will never fall into that noob trap!

Spoiler
Gameplay experience? What the hell is that?
+1

GGG please try this: Make a cycloner with 0.2 attacks per second and extra gore and cyclone into a big pack of big mobs (large skeletons, golems etc.). Then try it again without extra gore. You will immediately see how badly optimized extra gore is.
Agreed it would be very nice to have the option, check out what happens when you take cyclone to the extreme and keep in mind it's even worse live than on video, the slowdown is nothing short of crippling.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919123
Limiting how often it can trigger would probably be better than putting the unnecessary option into UI.

While on the same note, how about doing something about ground slam, currently the number of spikes on screen grows exponentially with increasing radius and can slow down fps considerably on high attack speeds. How about making it an arc of spikes that spreads outward instead of a filled section? That should help a bunch and would still look pretty good.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jun 5, 2014, 5:10:25 AM
+1

It should be nice to have the option to disable it for people like me who doesnt have a very powerful computer ( I play with a laptop because I dont have a fixed place to live yet ).

HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
"
lourun_coria wrote:
+1

It should be nice to have the option to disable it for people like me who doesnt have a very powerful computer ( I play with a laptop because I dont have a fixed place to live yet ).

This is not a response to the necro but to the actually person that is here.
I ran path on a 32bit version of windows for a long time. My comp would die when I entered too many zones, too many mobs on the screen and my favorite: Dom turning into a zombie bunny. (To get around the last one I had to drop a portal and jump to it when I reloaded the game).

I eventually figured out how to go into the game files and reduce it to claymation. Sure people did not have faces and it stopped raining in act one but the game never crashed again. I don't remember how I did it but I urge you to look for it if you are having issue that reduce playability.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
+1

Please consider enabling Extra Gore only if you use High Graffic Settings. Otherwise, please give us an option to hide its effects.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info