Vaal Clarity

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:26:48 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

At level 1 Vaal Clarity lasts 6.0 seconds
Vaal Clarity is effected by the Increased Skill Duration nodes below Scion.
Vaal Clarity presumably does not work with blood magic (needs confirmation)

I've noticed linking the gem in question seems to be a practice in these threads. So I'll start. I'll return in a bit to link it unsocketed, I was using it at the time I went to see what others thought of it.

I just found this gem on my new character, and immediately equipped it to test it out. It's... strange to put it lightly. Most players set up their mana pool to be self sustaining, however this gem certainly provides quite a bit of utility if you struggle to maintain a mana pool during burst moments, such as Bossfights, or Corrupted zones, yet generally have no mana problems while fighting trash. It's low Soul Count definitely assures it will be available whenever you need it on Normal Difficulty, but if the higher soul count requirements of Cruel and Merciless greatly reduce the gems effectiveness is yet to be seen by me.

Overall I think this gem certainly has a use, but I think the meta of the game harshly detracts from the possibility it will see much (if any) use in higher level gameplay, and it's Soul Cost in merciless difficulty might be too high for the sort of build that could actually use this gem to cover a weakness to sustain mana between downtimes. I highly recommend maximizing it's duration by the use of the Increased Duration gem, assuring you get the most use out of the burst possible. It's largest strength is in permitting the player to entirely ignore resource generation for several seconds, which can allow extremely powerful gem combinations that are otherwise unsustainable to be rapidly used with impunity.

Your mileage may vary.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
If you want to improve this skill, an interesting improvement would be to make it have "0.5% reduced Mana Cost of Skills for each soul stored up" thus giving it a passive bonus while it's charging up.
If it's to be of any use, it needs a MUCH higher duration. The builds that can use it, need it to have it with a good uptime.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
CantripN wrote:
If it's to be of any use, it needs a MUCH higher duration. The builds that can use it, need it to have it with a good uptime.

With both Skill duration wheels and Inc. Duration Support gem, this lasts for 20 Sec at lvl 20. This is most of the time enough to refill (not counting Boss encoutners)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
This skill works quite nicely with eldritch battery, it lets your es recharge while vaal clarity is on. Other than that its quite niche skill gem.
Please post new feedback for this skill gem here - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2160160
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info