Vaal Flameblast

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last edited by Jess_GGG on Jun 7, 2018, 11:12:14 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 11:12:32 PM
From a small trial with the skill when just released, it does not appear to be possible to link it with the 'Trap' support gem. This is out of sync with the other Vaal skills that have the same affixs (projectile, spell etc).
When placed in linked sockets, the marker does not come up on the skill display to indicate that it links.

I would hope this is not an intended mechanic, as it makes the skill 100% useless for any HC league, if reflect mobs wander in while its charging, - goodbye and welcome to softcore.

Regards
"
BadgerNoir wrote:
From a small trial with the skill when just released, it does not appear to be possible to link it with the 'Trap' support gem. This is out of sync with the other Vaal skills that have the same affixs (projectile, spell etc).
When placed in linked sockets, the marker does not come up on the skill display to indicate that it links.

I would hope this is not an intended mechanic, as it makes the skill 100% useless for any HC league, if reflect mobs wander in while its charging, - goodbye and welcome to softcore.

Regards

Pretty sure it's intended as the basic skill can't be linked directly to Trap or Remote Mine either.
I just try to use this gem with my Flameblast build but i think something is missing to be a real vaal version of Flameblast.

So some ideas:

1. If you use Vaal Flameblast directly on an enemie the flameblast follows him till it explodes, so 100% hit chance.
2. XX% more Cast speed for the skill
3. XX% increase Area for the skill

So the goal is it to make it easier to hit the enemie. You only have one charge and it can miss pretty easy if you dont run around with massive cast speed because you must wait till you reach 10 stacks. And people want to use conc effect with it, which makes the area even smaller and missis easier.

I would love 1., but no idea if this is possible to implement.

I have no problem with reflect with my build but maybe it should have a No Reflect like Vaal RF because you never know if there are no reflect mobs in next 1-2secs running into your flameblast xD
IGN: kReiZy
Powerful skill. It oneshot the Weaver boss on cruel difficulty :D and that while my gear was bad and the gem was unlinked. I did put lots of points in fire damage nodes in the passive tree though.
The autocast is really not worth the souls. It actually needs A LOT of them. :(
To make it worthy of being a Vaal skill, I think it should have for every 0.X seconds it uses reverse knockback to pull monsters within it's expanding circle towards the centre. The 0.X seconds interval would determine what monsters can escape, usually the fast ones or teleporting ones.

Obviously the graphical animation can be changed to appear like fire being dragged from the outside into the expanding circle. I imagine it to look something like an expanding fiery quicksand pit.
Okay, I have always wanted to build around this gem. I understand why you wanted echo to no longer work with regular Flameblast, that makes sense. The part that does not make sense to me is why that is included for Vaal Flameblast as well.

I can only imagine it is because of coding limitations unless people were running around with Vaal Flameblast builds that were OP....
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Okay, I have always wanted to build around this gem. I understand why you wanted echo to no longer work with regular Flameblast, that makes sense. The part that does not make sense to me is why that is included for Vaal Flameblast as well.

I can only imagine it is because of coding limitations unless people were running around with Vaal Flameblast builds that were OP....

Probably not but would you really want to support that Vaal Spell with Spell Echo for faster stacking? Why? Because you can't hit something with it? Than that problem should be taken care of with some extra effects instead of forcing you to put everything into speed to actually hit.

The fiery quicksand suggestion is good and would give that Vaal spell another purpose, for now it's just boring auto cast. Not really worth a lot.
Having got this gem to 19 and my character to level 80, I'm now finding this gem rather dull and weak. I've got it linked with Fire Penetration gem for when my Ignity Firestorm isn't cutting it (or I run into a Corrupted Blood rare...), but its barely any better than a non Vaal gem.
It could really do with an extra effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info