[Invasion] WoE/BoR max block/spell block dual striker (looking for input!)

Hi, looking for input on my build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAvrz0xrM_RQpPVjXWHt8xnqZXTeP-jzWStfKI8alueA1sRr6KWK9ybAHcNugyCaQZAeeDfBv6pzAkm6gHJd-ezRQgcruAimeAhNnSIVBHuc33TXhJbmllTfe-ah5XDRiRoW0YTb6nR36oGJHO3-_v4_Ivu-0o2x3KY3CkrPcy7040k7yfcqlAoLZB7w582Z65BS1OKicvYEtbryml4596790NGNtfP3Tt_MVDnPZIVvpnoMGLjM_uDnRBh3as6j3873oj9hR1Sn3T_Fhj037v8DrtfXVwclpI_roDhxut

This build will be able to get 74/74 block/spell block and uses dual stike - multistrike - melee phys - blood magic in a BoR as its main attack. I will be playing in invasion so 250% life is a must for this build. Relevant uniques that I will use are WoE, BoR, lazhwar, rainbowstrides.

I chose the scion start in order to grab 6% increased block, otherwise I don't see how to get near max block with this build and still maintain high life. If anyone has played a similar build before, do you think it be possible to drop blood magic gem for added fire and rely solely on mana leech on gloves and jewelry? The auras I will be using are grace and hatred so I'm not sure if this is possible since I will only have roughly 10% mana unreserved. Also, do I have enough damage nodes on my tree to deal at least 20k dps?

Build optimizations and/or other suggestions are welcome.
Bear in mind that 2H weapon damage passives also affect WoE - most notably you've left out the brilliant Wrecking Ball cluster. Splitting Strikes and Executioner are good to look at to, but it's been a while since I've done a WOE build, you could look around in the Mara/Duelist forums. I believe Scion is not the best option for WoE after the life wheel nerf, the starting path is very inefficient just to get some bad life nodes and 6% block - generally WoE go for Mara or Duelist.

I think you're confused with the links - BoR has melee phys in there already. You're looking at DS - Multi - Splash - Added Fire. 10% mana unreserved will definitely not be enough to run it off mana, but yes you can run it off mana if you only use one 60% aura.

20k DPS was the amount of DPS you used to get with the legacy BoR if I remember correctly, after the dual-wielding buff I think you'll still get that.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jun 1, 2014, 9:22:08 AM
I did a WoE/BoR dual strike before.

I think your damage might reach 20K if you can get a high roll WoE.

It is also enough to have 2% life leech and mana leech to sustain your skill, unless its a 50% regen map. no regen is still ok as the leech rate is normal.

you may want to replace the added fire with life leech in hard map, or maybe LGoH if you prefer that.

But since you already used 4 uniques, with no chest, your only slot for resistance is only your gloves, rings and amulet. Get some good ones, high value double resist at least so you are not dependent on the purity aura, and can reserve your aura for hatred and grace.

This build will work, I can assure you of that. If you really need more DPS, the wrecking ball cluster is great. 41%phys damage+12% attack speed for 4 points is incredible.

Good luck mate.
Cendol memang sedap.
Last edited by cendol3D on Jun 1, 2014, 9:26:28 AM
Something you could consider is dropping Iron reflexes. If you mainly gear with Armour (apart from the EV from BoR), you can save quite a few points. Imho, IR is only really useful if you have a high amount of evasion + armour.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Jun 1, 2014, 10:34:08 AM
I use this, will get blade barrier next most likely, I'd love to be able to get the scion points or getting inside the marauder tree, but it takes to make points...
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gavFR35lTYTZJd9uab6n0k3AD-_jY3A0k7ZBTipbrxjbdPEhYECgBS1gS3rvdO3dDZAK_MVnoId2Sn1W-u4OI_bv8FpI73rTfnByA4cbrX11_rrvTijb3-8YTXhJZ4AdyqgHg3w26AHnJJuAivdNpzByu7nNoW0UIFBHGJEUcfjr6hj3MnKpfNmsqlnzWf7AGpBVp4QaOGae-tI26eNqJKoZhRps890dFI9G0NDPZVXGFm8XL2TnVdaApIoiwPN89cCmnrkppQ==
My old WoE dual striker was like 42k dps.. switched to soultaker + another high dps axe and it's almost 52k dps now.. but I'd probably recommend WoE it's way cheaper and the spellblock is too good.
This is my level 90 char in ambush.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDhwUtFCAVIBcvGE0YkRjbGYUabButHcoe3yFgI_YkmySqJy8o2ymlKk0s6TSTNug26T8nQKBDnEd-Sn1KyE4qT1ZQR1XWVvpXDVnzWf5aSFuvXz9gS2NwZOdlTWaeZ4BnoGoebmlwcnKpdO108XhJeu982YCKgKSC5IN8hNmHdoqvkBGQVZHOmSueuZ7NpKynMKgHqBirxayqrOqzP7ZBu-28n72Bvqe-vMAawYvSIdN-0_zdDd_v42rjn-4O7w7vTu967-Pv8PIv8933MvdN-tL8xQ==

It can be scion or duelist.

Aura node is essential, as you need those to run hatred and grace and still have mana for dual strike. 2 mana leech on gear is enough to sustain mana. It is close to elemental adaptation too, the additional 2 max resistance helps a lot.
For resistance, as you won't have resistance on helm, shield, armor, amulet. the only place you can get resistances are glove, ring +2, belt. so you need some resistance from passive tree. the nodes near scion are huge (30 all resistance for 4 nodes and passing to/from blocking nodes).
For offensive only node, if you cannot get 12 phy damage or 6 attack speed per node, then skip it. such as ambidexterity is a bad node. Even Gallantry cluster gives 4 IAS, 34 pDam, i skipped it too.
My DPS is 22k before dual strike buff.

Basically in the entire game except atziri, you only to care about vaal smash and a touch from god in 74/78 maps. Others are pretty much right click to death.

[Removed by Admin]
So based on people's comments it seems that the only way to sustain Dual Strike from mana leech is to get reduced mana reserved nodes on the tree. I tried of variety of build variations to get these nodes, either going up into the templar area or into the shadow area, but I wasn't able to get them without sacrificing too much damage and life. I think I'll just run blood magic on Dual Strike and use life leech instead.

Here's my revised tree based on people's suggestions, which I feel is much more point efficient:

http://poeurl.com/yP9muxx

Got a lot more resists which will be necessary since I'm using 4 uniques, and not too much damage or life lost compared to my previous build. Decided to use blood rage (Because why not) so I grabbed an extra frenzy charge node that was conveniently located along my path. Still unsure about helping Oak or Kraitlyn in merciless since I'll be using both, leaning towards Oak since I'll be in invasion.

Still a bit worried that my damage will fall off late game, but if that happens I guess I can respec into soul taker + aegis :^)

Also, I came up with a duelist variation of the build: http://poeurl.com/yP9AIBf

which has the advantage of being able to respec into soul taker + aegis if I ever decide to do it. Bit less block than the scion so I will need a 4% block lazhwar. But the damage output is much greater: IPD went from 319 to 388, atk speed from 52 to 60. Has a 5% reduced mana reserved node so I can maybe try using mana leech.
Last edited by hatoblue on Jun 1, 2014, 10:08:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info