3 sound errors, 1 dominus fight 2939546622

1 during dominus fight

"Audio/Sound Effects/Ambient/1_3_18_Demonic_NoRain.ogg": Unable to create source 40963

1 just before i clicked on the Lady diala (or w/e she is called) after dominus fight

"Audio/Sound Effects/Environment/SceptreOfGod/flag_03.loop.ogg": Unable to create source: 40963

1 while loading to twilight strand

"Audio/Sound Effects/Ambient/1_1_1_TheTwilight_Strand.ogg": unable to create source: 40963

luckely a friend had a tp open otherwise i would have been screwed.... is this an issue on my side or the game? cause i also had sound error issues 2 days ago (also filed a bug report about that)
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hi TDF,

Could you please try adding --softwareaudio to your Path of Exile shortcut target, or to your launch options if you use Steam? You should be able to do this by right clicking on the shortcut you use to run Path of Exile and finding the appropriate inputs.

If that doesn't help I recommend using the --nosound parameter instead.

Information on how to do this can be found in the following thread:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/321900
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
ok im using the --softwareaudio now, ill let you know if i crash again ;)

(and ty for reply)
Last edited by TDF on May 31, 2014, 6:33:40 AM
i would have ran the pack check first(as admin) tbh, this error has just popped up after the last patch and it looks like the problem may lie in corrupted or non existent files.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Hey I just did a clean install of windows xp professional on my computer, and my computer is old as dirt, but now when i kill dom right before he changes into his second form I get the error message:

"Audio/SoundEfects/Ambient/1_2_18_Demonic_NoRain.ogg" Unable to create source:40963

This the first time it as ever happen, I had read this forum and the other forum
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/163494/highlight/

But still don't understand how I can fix this on my computer, I have a small understanding of computer code. I also run PoE threw Steam.

Also my next question is can I change my Steam account over to the PoE Main Client without having to start over because I have read that people who have a potato of a computer like mine that they can run PoE better through the PoE Client better than Steam. Thanks in Advance for any information that could help a poor sap like me!
Last edited by Gilant182 on Nov 23, 2014, 2:21:02 AM
"
Gilant182 wrote:
Hey I just did a clean install of windows xp professional on my computer, and my computer is old as dirt, but now when i kill dom right before he changes in his second form I get the error message:

"Audio/SoundEfects/Ambient/1_2_18_Demonic_NoRain.ogg" Unable to create source:40963

This the first time it as ever happen, I had read this forum and the other forum
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/163494/highlight/

But still don't understand how I can fix this on my computer, I have a small understanding of computer code. I also run PoE threw Steam.

Also my next question is can I change my Steam account over to the PoE Main Client without having to start over because I have read that people who have a potato of a computer like mine that they can run PoE better through the PoE Client better than Steam. Thanks in Advance for any information that could help a poor sap like me!

Just wanted to repost that I was able to Change my Steam account over to the PoE Client. It was easy I just downloaded the PoE client, Contacted GGG support@grindinggear.com It was fast and easy. Also I just added --softwareaudio at the end of the Target link to PoE Client this Fixed the problam by not playing the audio file.
Last edited by Gilant182 on Dec 7, 2014, 10:45:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info