Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Being steamrolled on cruel

Hello. I have a Marauder in kinda tanky spec with lots of HP and HP regen, and I see that on cruel difficulty i am being just steamrolled by packs of random mobs. The interesing thing i am OK with 1v1 boss fights, but problems occur when I am facing more then like 6 - 7 creeps. They just hit too hard for me to stand. Is it OK for a 7-feet guy to run away from a bunch of monkeys like a girl?

Here is my build so far (lvl 49)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLRQgGJEZLho4GlUn1SftKS4yCTboOlI9_EZpUEdQUFYEVw1YY1ivWfNfP2BLYSFhUmSjah5yqXTteu97jHy4fNmE74ZgjAaMz5BVns2fy6SspzCnhKgYrKq53cAaxFjG2NIh2WHfv-w47w7yL_ZI

I am using 2H weapons, have 1.700 DPS on heavy strike, also have 2.000 HP, 90 HP/sec regen and all resists at 65%+ except Chaos. Any advices how to make my Mara more tough?
In game name: Reeho / Estobar
Yes, pick up endurance charges in passive tree and start using enduring cry.
Maybe pick up the strong HP nodes in the templar area. Discipline and training for example!
I do hope you're not only using your Heavy Strike skill. Use AoE's to clear patches of mobs.
I have worse stats than you in all ways but I still steamroll through Cruel when I play solo...

Life on Hit and increased phys dmg supports for cleave

life on hit and culling strike on leap slam

life leech and increased atk speed on heavy strike

these are pretty much the only abilities I use, when I pop an armor pot (4000armor) i can tank like 10 mobs at a time and get them down quick enough with cleave (and the life on hit gem keeps me up, 26life per enemy hit x12 = hp spiking up very quickly).

If the mobs are too tough you can just leap slam in and out all the time until they all die, pretty hard to die if you do that.

EDIT: my build

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABS0OPBNMFCAUcRkuHOcg8CECJ-0otTBPMgk26DpSQKBE51BHUFBUSVYEVw1YY10AXz9gS2CIYVJkUmoeajtyqXTteu97jHzZhmCHKYzPns2fy6cwqBisqrndwaPEWMbY0iHZYd-_51LvDu9O8i_2SPe-

(very similar to yours)

also I haven't even started picking up endurance charges yet, I don't seem to have any need for it at cruel.

my guess is that you don't have life on hit supports on any of your aoe skills..?
Last edited by minoema on Feb 2, 2013, 7:43:35 AM
Minoema you must have very good elemental resistance armor or something, as I see you haven't taken a ton of life nodes or any diamond skin which are in reach. Is it the support gems that are saving you?
"
A27K wrote:
Minoema you must have very good elemental resistance armor or something, as I see you haven't taken a ton of life nodes or any diamond skin which are in reach. Is it the support gems that are saving you?

This is my gear

The support Life On Hit nodes make a HUGE difference, attaching them to your aoe abilities makes you much tougher as long as you can keep swinging (I die instantly if I get frozen, for example, but if I'm in a room where there are cold mages I simply use Leap Slam and jump in and out until they are all dead, with assistance of pots and ofcourse the Life On Hit support gem on Leap Slam).

Also please note that some of my support gems are indeed not linked, I just have them equipped to lvl them so that I may find immediate use of them once I get hold of 4L/5L/6L items.
Last edited by minoema on Feb 2, 2013, 9:20:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info