Better Call Saul

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
Difference being Sopranos (apparently, I never watched it) had a very ambiguous ending. BB ended. It *ended*.

I'm stopping there. The Spoiler rule of BLoW should apply to this forum.

You of all people never saw the Sopranos?! Man, if you've ever got a long weekend or two to kill watch that. David Chase put together a masterful series.

It was airing when I was in the US, so I caught bits and pieces. That was before my 'tv collection' obsession started to really kick in. One day I'll grab a box set, and be thankful that I know next to nothing about it so far. Same happened with The Wire -- I came to it with a very blank slate, albeit late.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
Difference being Sopranos (apparently, I never watched it) had a very ambiguous ending. BB ended. It *ended*.

I'm stopping there. The Spoiler rule of BLoW should apply to this forum.

You of all people never saw the Sopranos?! Man, if you've ever got a long weekend or two to kill watch that. David Chase put together a masterful series.

It was airing when I was in the US, so I caught bits and pieces. That was before my 'tv collection' obsession started to really kick in. One day I'll grab a box set, and be thankful that I know next to nothing about it so far. Same happened with The Wire -- I came to it with a very blank slate, albeit late.

David Simon of The Wire and David Chase + Terrence Winter(The Sopranos) have totally different styles so I would never compare the two but id say they are equally brilliant in their own right.
The Cinematography in Sopranos was just amazing. The first 2 seasons are almost like they were coming into their own but once they hit their stride in season 3 it just became like a freight train.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I personally was a bit dissapointed by Sopranos, namely by writing itself, so bloody uneven. Things happening out of nowhere, plot threads starting for the sake of one episode and ending abruptly, characters suddenly doing things when nothing set the groundwork for them to do so etc. Mixed bag for me. Like if it was written one episode at a time without ever thinking what will come after that.
But then again I am one of those zealous The Wire people who preach that no series ever will be as good as The Wire was so what do I know.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Ya it was a bit scattered and erratic at times, def not the perfect arc that BB was. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Sopranos was constantly shifting writers and directors with Chase overseeing the whole thing. I think that had a lot to do with that feeling of discombobulation you're mentioning
Better call Saul gets release date...erm month

"
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. — Walter White’s lawyer is returning to Albuquerque.

AMC announced this week that the “Breaking Bad” spinoff, “Better Call Saul,” will premiere in November 2014, but no specific date has been released

Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 8, 2015, 8:28:29 PM
Well its official Walter's coming back.

"
The producers of “Better Call Saul” — the eagerly anticipated “Breaking Bad” spinoff — tell The News they’ve figured out a way to bring back meth-master Walter White, the schoolteacher-turned-druglord played by Bryan Cranston.

Executive producer Peter Gould says that the show will feature scenes that move back and forth over several decades, including the era where Walter White cooked and sold crystal meth.
Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 8, 2015, 8:28:01 PM
The thing that really made the Sopranos a great show was the actors, and their characters (the main ones, most of all).
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
The whole thing kicks off tonight

Last edited by TheWretch on Feb 8, 2015, 7:33:21 PM
well that was cool :)

second ep airs tomorrow night, bonus!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info