[1.1.4] Ultimate Blender Breaker (frenzy facebreaker build) *under construction*

*** UNDER CONSTRUCTION - WILL ADD MORE DETAILS AND SCREENSHOTS SOON ***

Hi there. I installed PoE over a year ago after I saw a video featuring Facebreaker gloves that intrigued me. Ever since, I've been trying out my own builds revolving around these gloves. I've finally come up with the tankiest, hardest hitting build yet. I'd like to call it the Blender Breaker(lol.)

Your primary skill will be Frenzy. You'll attack over 8 times per second and be able to solo almost any map(even Blood Magic - just have to turn auras off!) There are many ways to go about making this build great. You can either be extremely tanky while doing lots of damage, or somewhat tanky while doing tons of damage.

Requires:
Spoiler
Facebreaker Gloves

This is a Facebreaker build. Of course you'll want to get the highest damage pair you can find, but a non legacy works perfectly fine in this build.

Bringer Of Rain

Again, you want to get the highest stats as possible on your Bringer, but a non legacy still works pretty good!

Aegis Aurora

This shield is what makes this build so tanky. With a big ES pool, max block and 20k+ armor, it allows you to tank some of the hardest hitting monsters in the game. Anything that gets past your ES will be stopped by your HP.

Rainbowstrides

A 20 resist pair with as much spell block chance is what you need.

Meginord's Girdle

Perfect belt for facebreaker builds. Adds physical damage, max life and cold resist.

Good Resist Rings with Physical Damage

This is an example of what you want to look for. Physical damage with a ton of resist. ES or HP are both very good to have as well.

Stone Of Lazhwar OR Good Physical Damage/Resist Amulet

Stone Of Lazhwar with +1 Frenzy Charge corruption is perfect for this build.

An amulet like this is good if you aren't max resist with your Lazhwar.

Pros/Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
- 40k+ AOE DPS achievable
- x3 60% Auras
- 20k+ Armor
- 75% Block / 30%-65% Spell Block
- 400+ ES per block with non legacy Aegis(800+ with legacy)
- 75% evade with Blind(procs almost immediately with 8+ attacks per second)
- 3-4k HP + 1.5k ES
- Unaffected by reflect
- 15 open sockets for leveling gems(6 from chest, 6 on weapon switch, 3 if you attribute bug mainhand weapon)

Cons:
- Gear dependent
- Squishy until you can use Aegis Aurora
- Chaos damage hurts(can be fixed with x1 Ming's Heart )
- Lack of resists(need a very high resist/phys dmg ring or take resist nodes in Marauder tree)
- No crits

Skill Tree:

Bandits:
Spoiler
Normal - Help Oak for 40 HP or kill all for 1 passive.
Cruel - Kill all for 1 passive.
Merciless - Help Kraityn for 1 Frenzy Charge

Skills/Gems/Sockets:
Spoiler
Bringer Of Rain
- Frenzy gem
- Blood Magic gem
- Multistrike
- Melee Splash

Boots/Gloves:
- Lv 1 Cast When Damage Taken
- Lv 5 Enfeebable
- Lv 5 Enduring Cry
- Lv 20 Increased Area of Effect

Boots/Glove(auras - multiple choices):
- Lv 20 Reduced Mana gem
- Discipline (must have)
- Hatred (for more damage)
- Haste (for more damage and mobility)
- Grace (for more armor and ES regen)
- Determination (for more armor and ES regen)
- Purity (if you lack resists - only until you get rings/passives to cap)

Shield:
- Increased Duration
- Vaal Discipline
- Vaal Haste

Notes:
- This build works best starting at Duelist, but can be started at Marauder.
- We do not grab Unwavering Stance. We use Blind on Bringer of Rain for evasion. Unwavering Stance makes your blind worthless.
- Iron Reflexes is an absolute must for this build. You will be able to achieve 20k+ armor with Grace aura.
- Enfeebable with CWDT isn't a must, but you want to minimize the amount of damage you take with Aegis Aurora builds(hard hitting bosses are our weakness.)
- Vaal Haste and Vaal Discipline can both be used during boss fights to greatly improve survivability and damage output.
- IF YOU LACK RESIST - You can skip the Reduced Aura Reservation nodes between Ranger and Shadow and just grab the x2 4% Reduced Reservation in the Sovereignty circle and use Purity aura instead of one of the 60%'s.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
Last edited by Demental on Jul 8, 2014, 2:18:38 AM
i'd like to see some atziris runs please :D
ToxicDreams..........
seems like a nice build, gonna try it out
Hi guys. I'll try to make an atziri run video soon. I'm on a really slow laptop at the moment. Thanks for the comments :)

I'll be editing this guide with a few new ideas soon(nothing that will effect anyone's current progression.)
Trying this build but:
a) where do you get Int from to run Blue gems? I can't even run some lev 1 Blue gems my Int is so low - if I follow your passive tree.

b) does this require a legacy Aegis shield or will the modern 2% ES version work too? There's no way most of us will ever be able to afford the 30+ exalts that the legacy version costs.
Yeah in a similar scenario, grabbing two +30 int nodes, i still only have 104 int, which isn't even close to enough to run a lvl20 discipline. how do you pull it off?
"
jbd007 wrote:
Trying this build but:
a) where do you get Int from to run Blue gems? I can't even run some lev 1 Blue gems my Int is so low - if I follow your passive tree.

b) does this require a legacy Aegis shield or will the modern 2% ES version work too? There's no way most of us will ever be able to afford the 30+ exalts that the legacy version costs.

"
Scottage wrote:
Yeah in a similar scenario, grabbing two +30 int nodes, i still only have 104 int, which isn't even close to enough to run a lvl20 discipline. how do you pull it off?

Apologize for that guys. I forgot to add the 30 int node to the right of Duelist starting point. If you grab that and the rest of the nodes I've mapped out on the tree, you will be at about 160 intelligence. Discipline level 20 requires 154.

You won't be able to use max discipline until you've gotten to about level 80-85.

Legacy Aegis will always be better, but I've tested a 2% Aegis and it works pretty damn good as well.
I thought that i will never play a non Arctic Armour character again. Yet here i am, playing a non-AA character.

This build should be 110% Atziri capable, maybe it wont have a damage output of lowlife spectral throw but you should be able to facetank the entire dungeon including atziri.

What i like about this build is that you can start with non-legacy equips and then change to legacy versions as you move forward.
Thank you Teplokot. It is Atziri capable. I haven't exactly tried uber Atziri yet though.

I'm adding a note at the bottom if you lack resists. You can skip the Reduced Aura Reservation nodes between Ranger and Shadow and just grab the x2 4% Reduced Reservation in the Sovereignty circle and use Purity aura instead of one of the 60%'s.

I'm also working on a Dominating Blow build which is much more tanky. Depending on how well Minion Instability works with dominated minions, it will be close to the same DPS. It will use CWDT Convocation to drop a load of minions on top of bosses/mobs all the time.
Last edited by Demental on Jul 8, 2014, 2:19:29 AM
Thought I'd update my progress on this:

- have a 987% Facebreakers so that helps.
- frenzy DPS with Hatred and 6 frenzy charges is like 22k - 29k+ when I swap out Melee Splash for Added Fire (use on bosses sometimes)
- was pretty squishy until lev 67 and could use the Bringer of Rain ... since then, I've only had a few boss issues, everything else seems mostly easy.
- still don't have the money for an Aegis (even non-legacy) but I've been using an Atziri's Miror shield (needed the resists help too) so my armor (with IR) got a nice boost as well as resists.
- like I said, resists are lacking so I went up into Scion area and grabbed the 3 18% resists and that has helped a lot cause phys dmg monsters don't really scare me (have like 13k armor with Grace running).
- been mostly getting life nodes now cause I only have like 2900 life :( No chest armor sucks ...
- nice setup that I'd recommend is to use Vaal Cyclone linked with Conc Effect (extra dmg) and a quality Culling Strike (and maybe BM if no mana is available). Dps only says like 4700 but when I set that off in a room full of enemies it's a room clearer (and can take out the boss if his life is low enough).

So overall, this is the strongest build I've ever had (used to be my HS/GS marauder) but resists could still use help and not sure how I could ever run 3 auras to be able to include Discipline (got Hatred and Grace now). Sure would be nice to have some of those top end items you have (legacy BoR, legacy Aegis) and that +1 frenzy Stone of Lazwar. Right now I have to use an Onyx amulet to get +20 to all attributes for the Int and Dex needs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info