Amazon Mayhem Promotion and Path of Exile

Wow, and I just bought the chrome scorpion last week, too.
You can buy digital games from Amazon if you're outside the U.S. Been doing it for years, along with everyone else on the net. Just use your regular credit card but put a U.S. address on it. It's not checked against anything.
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
Supernico00 wrote:
How to buy this outside of US :

In your amazon settings, create an adress in the US (just take Valve HQ adress or something) and put it as default.

Amazon doesn't do IP checks, they only check if the currently used adress is in the right country

Bought loads of stuff over the past 2 years with this method without a single issue.

^^ This.

I live in NZ and have been buying stuff off amazon for a few years now, Often they have similar or much better deals than the steam store.

Its not exactly a secret either, there have been articles on rockpapershotgun, kotaku etc all which say to do the above in the article itself so amazon really doesn't care (its another paying customer).

an example:
Dark souls 2 is idk $100-120 NZD in stores, $71 USD on steam and $49 USD on amazon.

People without credits cards are f'd again.
Typical.
Get a Debit card, good as a credit card without the credit, and the insane interest rates ;-)
Good to see only the money from USA and Those who as credit cards are worth, guess my Paysafecard money aint good enaf, gona wait and see if other payment methods and countrys gona have any promotion...
Last edited by goth1c on May 23, 2014, 12:23:33 AM
"
Supernico00 wrote:
How to buy this outside of US :

In your amazon settings, create an adress in the US (just take Valve HQ adress or something) and put it as default.

Amazon doesn't do IP checks, they only check if the currently used adress is in the right country

Bought loads of stuff over the past 2 years with this method without a single issue.

There are possible legal implications, though, and my concern would be that it may be seen as fraud. It is, at the least, against Amazon's terms. I'm not sure this method should be promoted. Hopefully Chris can work something out.
If there is anything new in these packs, I will pay for them...but unfortunately, I have all of them already >_<
Damn!

I did get the US billing address, but Amazon isn't using my german gift-cards-account, I would have to pay for with credit card. Damn!

Why isn't that available in all countries? What's wrong with Amazon?
"
Chris wrote:
"
We'll see. I'm sort of regretting my Kiwi donation, but it was fun at the time I guess.

It was an amazing gesture, though. The kiwi charities get very little help in NZ so it was a really big deal for them. How much was the kiwi donation in 2012? I'll deduct it from the threshold for shaving my head so that it's much closer for people to reach :)

You sure about that Chris? :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/58301/page/1

"
Okay guys, it's done.

Through your constant desire to make me spend money and a slew of very interesting posts, this thread has achieved (over, by now) 500 unique responses.

At least Five thousand dollars has been contributed to the very worthy cause of kiwi preservation, with many of you donating out of your pockets to support the fragile little blighters.

Thank you all for taking part, and for showing me, once again, just how amazing the Path of Exile Community really is.

I hope to see you all in Open Beta and beyond. :)

Charan

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

Only for customers located in the US ?!?:(, try to make this for everyone else too guys
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info