[Help?] Lightning Arrow IR/VP/EB/MoM/Arctic Armor CRIT SCION

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABBbUIZwiJC5EM8hB7FSAYPBjbGdUc3B6UIWAhdiSlJT8o-imlKjgqTSsKLIUs6TB8MfoylDMMOBs51DyOPs8_J0CgRZ1KyE4qUUdW-lfJWhpaUls9W69daGwWbqpv8nRBdPF293fUd9d4unqqfwJ_K3_Ggh6Cx4PbhTKGzodBiEKNv5HPkyWTJ5M6lQWa4Jrxm12euZ97oJ-ly6bgqJqpbqw_sTC0DLQatMW18rfivSe95r46wQDBM8HFyqnOcdnG2o3bC9sa3FfdDeLL5BHquuvu8pf1S_lW-ej8S_zF_94=

Hey there! I'd like to start off by saying that I'm fairly new to the game, so forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious. Also, I have not tested this build as of yet, so this is purely theory crafting.

Now, on to the build:

I wanted to make a build that retained good damage output while being nearly unkillable at endgame. I drew heavy inspiration from both ZiggyD's Beginner Friendly Ranger and Tanky EK Scion, and wanted to basically combine both builds into one, hopefully decent, character.

First off; Why Scion? I would have gone ranger, but it lacks easy access to the amount of Life/Mana nodes needed to make the EB/MoM/Arctic Armor combo viable. That, and our Keystones are pretty spread out among the passive tree, so the Scion starting point is in a pretty convenient position. Also I think that the added lore input you get while playing a scion is pretty neat. :P

Keystones:
Eldritch Battery/Mind Over Matter/Iron Reflexes? OMG I'M IMMUNE TO DEATH

Vaal Pact? This helps counter reflect maps, because even with the massive damage reduction this build has, we should (Hopefully) be pumping out a huge amount of damage. The immediate life gain from Vaal Pact should negate this issue entirely.

Gear:
This is where I'm kinda unsure. ES/EVA seems to be the obvious choice, ES feeds EB and EVA feed IR, plus easy to get the right color sockets. Pick up Life leech when convenient. When it come to specific uniques I'm pretty clueless. Lack of experience, I guess. :P

Auras:
Most likely Discipline plus whatever is most applicable at the time.

So I guess that's it for now. Please keep in mind that this is my first attempt at theory crafting, so please forgive if I've overlooked something.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Jagnanimous on May 22, 2014, 2:10:54 AM
Just started this character in Hardcore. Too early to judge viability, but shooting for it.
Last edited by Jagnanimous on May 22, 2014, 2:10:32 AM
Build:http://poeurl.com/yPdMv2J

I grab a lot more critical chance, damage and mana for eldritch battery. I also grab a decent amount of health defenses, I would probably skip out on iron relexes and just grab ondar's guile. You could still stack some armor, but most likely go a evasion build. I would also use cloak of defiance letting you save point to get might of magic. The build also grabs more attack speed.
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
Looks pretty sweet! Time to respec, lol. Thanks for the help!!!
Last edited by Jagnanimous on May 23, 2014, 2:45:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info