[1.1.3] Drax's HC Groundslam Marauder

The build and build page is a work in progress. But this character has come together nicely at this point, and is very viable for a 2 week race build, and VERY newbie friendly. Low cost. Easy to find skills. Forgiving. Tanky. Worth trying for someone that is looking for a strong way to progress in a longer race.

Benefits
- Cheap gear and gems (can easily be played self found)
- Tanky especially against physical
- Deals effective AOE damage
- Not complex to play
- Have killed every invasion boss so far, no deaths (not close)

Drawbacks
- High spell damage may leave you dancing in some situations
- Unproven in maps/high level
- Clear speed slower than some other builds

Level 52 Build

Spoiler

General Specs
2326 Life
76% Physical Damage Reduction (with 6 end charges up)
23% Evade
77%/76%/76% Resists
75 Life Regen per Sec (with 6 end charges up)
820DPS Area/1640DPS Single Target

Passive Tree (Level 52)

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal - Oak (+40 life)
Cruel - Kraityn (8% attack speed)
Merciless - Oak (+1 endurance)

Skills (Level 52)
Spoiler

4L - Ground Slam + Added Fire Damage + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun + Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit
3L - Heavy Strike + Melee Physical Damage + Life Leech
3L - Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increase Duration
Support : Leap Slam, Decoy Totem
2L - Reduced Mana + Determination

Gear (Level 52) - self found
Spoiler

Gameplay
You use Ground Slam continually against everything that comes close, except single targets. 6 endurance charges are a constant. (7 with Koam's ring, if you choose) If you get hit for significant damage CwDT procs Immortal call for nearly 7 seconds of physical immunity. In that time period building up full endurance charges again is a piece of cake.

That mitigates a ton of physical (combined with a reasonable evasion amount), for spells you rely on high resists, high life and a quick clearing speed. Stunning spellcasters is easy too! At higher levels your stun duration will be increased through passives, and will act as a defensive mechanism as well.

Last Updated - May 16, 2014
I will update this again at higher level progression.
Last edited by Drax240z on May 20, 2014, 12:44:03 PM
Level 60, still going strong. Found that merciless with 25% base resists is a bit dicy until I get all endurance charges up. As a result I've raised the base resists to over 50% each.

Over 3k Hp in Merciless Act 1, and one shotting whites with ground slam. Still working well!

Here is the level 60 gear:

Spoiler

Still haven't found a granite flask, but with such high armour in most situations, the jade complements it nicely.
Last edited by Drax240z on May 20, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
Just a tip, as GS you're pretty much going to HAVE to pick up unwavering stance.

source: high level gs character
GogogoScary - 95 HC 40k GS
Scary - 98 Invasion 2H Cyclone
GMT +1
Why is that? I'm not doubting, just asking for the logic. How does preventing my own stun at the cost of evade become more important than mitigating damage with high armour and evade?
Hi Marauder Padawan,

you are asking the wrong question.

The point of unweavering stance is that you cannot be stunned! And in higher levels you could get stunned fast( and this mans normally death since damage is partially ridiculously high). If you want to base your defense not on armor and unweavering stance but on Evasion you have to set on evasion a lot, what normally is more the path of the duellist since also his gear is designed like this ( but I think you could do it but it is a little uncommen, but not impossible).

Together with 85 % +3% = 88 % reduction to elemental damage you should not get immobilized neither by elemental norphysical damage.

For this fat advantage you have to accept that you cannot evade any damage, but for being not afraid of being physically hit you can minimize the impct of being hit by armour and ( what you already do) endurance charges, topped by life leech which compensates the few damage you get. Base this on a big amount of life pool and you can enjoy the game!

Also this allows you to being independent of any accuracy and evasion stats. Concentrat purely on life and str!

M< build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtDjwS4RQgFPYYkRmFGjgabBv6IQIhVSSqJd8nLyz7MHUyCTboNuk5DjpSPfxAoEE_RmlHflBHUeZUSVcNWGNYr1nzXz9gS2EhZU1mnmvZbEZuaXJscqlyu3Ttdn94DXrve4x82X7ghNmGO4cpjM-QVZHOmsyeV565ns2fy6LqpBmkrKcwp4Spbqlzq8WsqrQvuc277byfvoq-p8AawQTEuMbY0iHV-Nlh3sHh2uLq42rjn-RR5K3vDu9O8i_z3fZI9zL3vvrSoW0=

Guide:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/799011

The Evasion way is different. For this I would also suggest you "Leather and steel" in the duellist area which allows you to be very quick. Also you need to focus on evasion gear with life since to really effectively evade takes lot of evasion.
Last edited by Tlaloc4 on Jun 12, 2014, 5:33:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info