Call of Zeus - Spectral Throw/CoC/Storm Call - The True Storm Herald Build - Videos Included

Updated for patch 1.3 new videos coming soon.
Hey man found this build and was thinking of trying something similar. I only play on hardcore leagues though... Bloodlines atm.

I had some questions. Why do you use spell crit on the dagger? Isn't the only crit coming from Spectral throw? Which would be phys crit? Since essentially with this build I think we're just trying to build up mass storm calls.

Wouldn't the Assassin's Mark + CoH + reduced mana + herald of thunder combo be excellent for this build? I would definitely use that. ALso you seem to have problems with mana regen, well that's because you only have 20% mana regen from the tree. There's no way you could run a high level arctic armour with that I just don't think it's possible

Also I'm not sure why you have so much phys damage in tree, since I thought our phys damage didn't matter that much, you also missed the first 3 attack speed nodes in favor of phys damage which is strange to me.

Thanks for the build. I have no idea what I would do for a skill tree in a hardcore version. I would probably use Lightning Coil with Purity of Lightning or Cloak of Defiance, obviously needing to spec tons of mana regen for a MoM build. Maybe I could even get the MoM node somehow. Working on it. If i find anything interesting I'll post here.
Last edited by Weed on Feb 6, 2015, 3:03:52 AM
Sorry man, been workin on other builds, took a break from this one for awhile. So to answer your questions, I think you misread my dagger. Im not using spell crit on it, it has attack speed, spell damage, crit chance, and lightning leech. However spell crit is also good for this build since it would make the storm calls crit and do more damage, but its one of those things that isnt a priority.

Yes, Assasin's mark - CoH - reduced mana - herald of thunder would be a good combo to use. However in party play you wouldnt want to use that and possibly overwrite other peoples curses or whatever curses your dedicated curser is using. So that set up depends on your party set up. It has no place really for the solo version since it would add lightning to your spectral throw and negate the purpose of using elemental equilibrium. But if you dont use EE then by all means do it. Another side note as to why I dont personally use it. If you were to use a Cloak of Defiance and be running MoM, I'd take the extra mana pool over the convenience of the curse on hit set up.

Yes I only picked up 20% mana regen from the tree, but it also runs a lvl 22 clarity as well as having a really high mana pool from all the mana and ES nodes as well as ES from armor and EB. So running an high level arctic armor is not a problem. In addition, if you take a look at my gear you'll notice I have 106% mana regen from just my amulet and shield alone. I could easily pick up more on my rings as well. There are places to pick up more mana regen if you choose to. You dont have to follow my tree exactly. Also, if you choose to use a thiefs torment you wont have any mana problems either because of the +mana on hit that it grants. The synergy the ring has with GMP spectral throw is amazing.

Im honestly not sure where you think I'm getting a bunch of phys damage from. I have 44% phys damage from the tree and that comes from the phys/crit dagger nodes. In all the trees Ive posted I took the elemental damage start from shadow. But you are right in your sentiment that phys damage does not matter since we're getting all our damage from elemental/spell sources.

If you want to run this as hardcore you would absolutely use a Cloak of Defiance. I also use purity of lightning as it is now to help with reflect damage which youd also want to do on hardcore as well.

If you wanted to run this without Cloak of Defiance and with the keystone instead id run something like:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA5Rm0OPv1l5dFfIw2YeJVSxa_JpUHY8u9xKKXBi2DGYqbtXcHhxOcpG-eykrDOoMJ0359df66u-PveoUydPEY2xR1VvruDk2SI_ajio19CC7tgxmOAF6ApFXWZOcXL_rStAxGcUmx18_5N--IkycqU2KVsnBd8nBSidNw1ZoTcFaQGxGWDkjb1ElR8NWVLgce2wuCHohCwcV_xhzc42oWb49GHRRQMNteEQ9MLRSwY0OsmPfXm6GCm-w4KU-FfRZAZp7vfDwFmjuiAOFzBLMPq1M1VcY6WA==

However I think just running Cloak would be better.
Dude... good work!

Just for fun: i use a Vaal Storm Call with Spell Echo + increased Duration and Culling Strike.

It's also a good build for a CoC anyway. I tested many gems an ST, such as Firestorm + Ice Spear + Fireball. And: your Build gave me a good idea for my unused Templer: Bow-CoC with a AoE-Spells. Hope it will work.

Have fun

Asahi
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Before I made my solo build using EE I was running herald of thunder and two vaal storm calls and it was pretty insane. I was truly a storm herald mob as if I was using a headhunter belt.

I think a CoC version of this but using tornado shot would be an interesting build. Either that for just the spread it gives or split arrow/chain since that would result in a ton of procs as well. Let me know how your testing goes.

Just as an update, as far as the beta is looking right now this build is looking like its going to be getting a substantial buff. Storm call's average damage has been increased from 329 to 404 and the gap between in minimum damage and its maximum damage has been decreased significantly which is amazing. On top of that, since shotgunning has been removed, but shotgunning from AoE damage has not its only helped to further increase this builds damage. Also the quality on storm call got changed to radius from crit. Since this build focuses muc much more on overlapping damage and not from the spell critting its again received a nice buff in this regard. Also, last but not least, the addition of jewels is great. There will be places that to add even more damage or more life/mana/mana regen. Im testing this build in the beta and will post more information as I test more. Im currently looking into options to go CI, or use the new EB, or even potentially run this as a hybrid life/ES build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info