Can DOT crit? (ie firetrap's dot portion)

i want to build a crit firetrapper around 3dragons and wanna know if DOT can crit

if so i can have the flat fire crit to generate shock and the dot do burning
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
DOT itself can't crit. But crits, in your case, inflict higher burn damage = higher DOT.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
DOT itself can't crit. But crits, in your case, inflict higher burn damage = higher DOT.
Ya thats what i was aiming for, generate shocks to increase the DOT but ... if the flat fire part deal way more damage when it critburn, no point doing shocks
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
for this setup to be effective, you would imo have to drop crit and specialize in DoT(+burn+trap) damage and use flat portion (that would deal not so much damage) to shock+proliferate with Static blows

I think the point of three dragons is to to use small fire hits (where burn is close to useless) to shock. You would do the exact opposite by this, loosing high burn potencial from big crits to shock only

(and no, dots cant crit, because they dont hit at all. They work like negative life regen)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:

(and no, dots cant crit, because they dont hit at all. They work like negative life regen)
that is exactly the ambiguious point about the whole thing because traps dont hit either, the trap itself rolls as a crit or not
Maybe I dont get what you mean, but any skill that can crit either crits or not, and any damage you deal (which is not DoT) actually "hits"
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on May 13, 2014, 4:34:55 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
i want to build a crit firetrapper around 3dragons and wanna know if DOT can crit

if so i can have the flat fire crit to generate shock and the dot do burning

Damage over time cannot crit. Your crit chance will help you shock things (with the initial explosion) but apart from that it won't help burn things (with Three Dragons, the only part of Fire Trap that can burn is the burning ground effect, which is a straight DOT, no hitting involved).
Last edited by Incompetent on May 14, 2014, 9:27:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info