73 (Or 75)% Block Molten Strike Marauder

Welcome to my first ever Spec for All. This build utilizes all the strength in the Marauder tree, as well as the closeness to Resolute Technique and Avatar of Fire. Since, like using Infernal Blow, Molten Strike converts 50% (or more, being 60%) of physical into fire damage, Avatar of Fire turns this into 100%.

For Reflect, we use Purity of Fire - clean and simple. We also run a ruby flask to maximize our fire resistance. The only other aura we use is Purity of Lightning, as there is a reason. For a little extra protection, and to utilize Purity of Lightning to the fullest, we use Lightning Coil for 40% Physical Damage taken as Lightning.

Currently I am rushing to lvl 70 to get my passive tree up to par, and some equipment on. At the moment I am easily walking through Cruel with 2k dps using relatively easy to find items.
Passive Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwCcQSzC2EaOBo-G_ohAiXfJy8pLjAZMok26VBUVAtUSVcNV-JZ818_Zp5yqXfleA15aHuMfLh82YtPkFWQdJHOoLSkGaeEqBisqq-Nu-2-isAawQTM2-Of5FHnrul87DjvDvGs8i_zBvcy-tL7qg==

End Game

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzC2EUTRcvGYUaMho4Gj4abButG8gb-h0UIQIkqiXfJy8oxSkuKaUwGTKJNuk94kMxSO5MNU4qUFRRYFPfVAtUSVXGVdZXDVfiWNtZ81uvXhNfP2TnZp5wfXKpd-V4DXiueOt5aHuMfLh82X11gKSE2YTvi0-PRpBVkHSRzqC0ogCkGaeEqBiplayqrK-vjbZBu-2-isAawQTDhszbz2XQ0NN-3ILdDeNq45_kUecK55Hnrul87DjvDu968azyL_MG877z3fcy-tL7qvzF_ro=

And my equipment at level 47. The only thing possibly unattainable in the 2-week will be the Anvil.
Equips

www.twitch.tv/morridin1337 to watch me go.
Last edited by Morridin1337 on May 10, 2014, 12:21:56 PM
Interested to read the full guide before starting the 2 weeks race.
Help me complete my unique collection: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/335591

IGN: CGT_FR
Slight update, will post character screen shots so you have an idea of where my stats are going.
molten strike is insanely op when you're leveling up through normal and cruel, once you hit act 3 merciless it starts to become weak.
i leveled it all the way to 70 with a 2h molten strike build and even though my gear is pretty great for my level, it's not as powerful as a crit-based build would be
I have to ask if you fire pen'd it, if not what did you use?

I use the life leech when I'm running difficult maps, otherwise I use fire pen
I will be using Anger to maximize my fire damage, and again I use Avatar of Fire for 100% Fire Damage, increasing all my physical damage and elemental damage to focus on my melee strikes. I will not use Conc Effect at all, instead Weapon Elemental.
Another idea was using Tempest Shield to further pull out passives for more damage.
"
Morridin1337 wrote:
I will be using Anger to maximize my fire damage, and again I use Avatar of Fire for 100% Fire Damage, increasing all my physical damage and elemental damage to focus on my melee strikes. I will not use Conc Effect at all, instead Weapon Elemental.

conc effect has been really helpful, i'll probably switch it out for something else eventually.
Level 30 in the Invasion/Ambush league currently

www.twitch.tv/tgtalcon

www.twitch.tv/morridin1337
Last edited by Morridin1337 on May 10, 2014, 8:58:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info