Effect of wand damage on spell damage.

I'm playing a witch and have been using Fireball as my exclusive attack so far. Does it make any difference what my wand's damage is? I'm thinking it's kind of like Diablo 2 in that spell damage is only effected by spell (gem) level, and the wand's (or whatever other weapon I happen to use) damage is completely irrelevant, with only the affixes like +spell damage mattering. However, this confuses me because I see so many passives in the witch area of the passive tree having to do with wand damage. If I get a passive that increases wand damage, will that improve my spells, or will it only improve basic attacks with the wand?

Hope that made sense.
"
I'm playing a witch and have been using Fireball as my exclusive attack so far. Does it make any difference what my wand's damage is? I'm thinking it's kind of like Diablo 2 in that spell damage is only effected by spell (gem) level, and the wand's (or whatever other weapon I happen to use) damage is completely irrelevant, with only the affixes like +spell damage mattering. However, this confuses me because I see so many passives in the witch area of the passive tree having to do with wand damage. If I get a passive that increases wand damage, will that improve my spells, or will it only improve basic attacks with the wand?

Hope that made sense.

Yup, wand damage doesn't affect spells. Those wand passives in the witch tree are for those who want to attack with their wands.
It's completely seperate. Wand damage is the physical damage that your wand does. Spell damage is the damage your spell does. You see passives for wand damage because dual-wielding wands is an alternative build to using a bow.
HI

1. Damage from wand is only affected by wand damage mods on tree and do not interfere with your spell damage. If I'm not mistaken, only Power Siphon use wand base damage.

2. Spell damage bonuses on wand affect your spells and they add to spell damage passives on tree.

P.S.:Sorry for my poor english.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info