HotMaarl's HotMess Scion Build

Hello lovers. I'd like to share my build with you.

There's nothing really new about high-burn builds but mine is particularly hard core in terms of shunning defense and all the other BS mechanics and gear that really aren't needed at all to advance in this game.

Character: Vagreenis

LVL: 94

Ladder Rank: 157. Respect to the 156 bots ahead of me because I am done with this annoying grind.

Class: Scion. Hate the popularity of this class and wanted to avoid it but need to hit 4 remote corners of the skill tree. Has nothing to do with access to loads of life nodes. I totally ignore all that shit.

Solo Playtime: 100.00%

Time Spent Having Other People Carry My Ass Through Shit: 0.00%

Snapshotting Bullshit: 0.00%

Complicated/Expensive OP Bullshit Gear: 0.00%

Pussy Aura-stacking: 0.00%

Time Spent Hoarding Stacks of Exalted Orbs So I Can Fap To It: 0.00%

Armor: Summon 3 Zombies. They have about 5K hit points each. That's your armor. Enjoy.

Evasion: When too much stuff zergs ya, run away. That's your evasion.

Energy Shield: Does farting in my pleather office chair count?

Magic Find: Terrible. No 19 pairs of Goldwyrm Nubcake Boots for you with this build. Sorry.

Points in Tree: 114

Points in Tree Dedicated to Nodes (or Reaching Nodes) That Burn Shit: 114

Points in Tree Dedicated to Any Other Bullshit: 0

Gear: If it doesn't add to my ability to burn shit. I don't wear it. Couldn't find anything for the gloves slot with +Fire/+Burning/+Elemental damage so am just rocking a sexy pair of low-roll Aurseizes. Let me show you my shit, it's all cheap ghetto gear.

Searing Bond + Increased Burning Damage + Empower + Faster Casting + Item Rarity. Keep this totem up. Mobs rush it, instead of you. If it's not up, you die. If it's up, they fry to a crisp on it. Pretty simple concept and easy to execute.

Flameblast + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation + Increased Area of Effect + Item Rarity + Empower. Just a little tap of Flameblast sets entire rooms of mobs on fire and keeps you safe from reflect. It's pretty comical how fast everything perishes. I have no idea why I don't have Increased Burning Damage linked here.

20% Shock Nova + Trap + Multiple Traps + Elemental Proliferation. For curse immune rares or packs of curse immune magic mobs. Not really needed for anything else but fun to throw into the mix for shizzles and gizzles.

Flammability + Elemental Weakness + Increased Duration + Reduced Mana. You should be dual-cursing the shit out of everything. All the time. Period.

Summon Zombie + Minion Life. This is my armor, like I mentioned previously.

Cast When Damage Taken + Vaal Summon Skeletons. This is mostly a gimmick. The summons don't do shit for damage but whatever was railing on you gets confused by them and gives you a chance to 'evade' for a bit and recover your modest ES.

I wear this belt because it helps me burn shit. no other reason.

I wear this amulet because it helps me burn shit. no other reason.

I wear this ring because it helps me burn shit. no other reason.

I wear this ring because I needed another socket for Clarity. It does NOT help me burn shit and that annoys me greatly.

TREE: This is where the magic happens...

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAecDxgYOCGcJ9hDMEmkUcRUgFxwYPBjbGmwc3B8CJa0o-ilPKk0qjSycLOktRzWSNsU22DboPI49Xz8nQYdEq0bXSRtKxErIUEJSU1KvVa5XyVivWOVbr13GXl1j_W6qcXl2gngNeGl65nsgf8aCm4LHh2WIG4jxi4yMNo-mkyeTOpeFmK2cLZ1jna6ksacIpzCnlKlurUqvt7QMtDi00bUEtfK3PriTvSfBxcauyAzNJtH91HzVT9gk3Q3ed-Fz5CLlGeWO52rquuvu7BjsVe0g74X2rviT-Ov56Pv1_Qv-Cv6H

Build Weaknesses: Small rooms with no cover and tons of incoming spike damage. Sorry no Olmec's or Atziri for you. Also super-hasted/powerful-crit Rare Devourers/Plumed Chimeras are bad news. Same applies to these types of mobs in packs with 'magic' attributes/affixes.

Hope you like my build and give it a try. Feel free to shoot me any questions in game. Stay sexy Ambush.

bump for a funny guide :D
Can You add new tree [update 1.2] ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info