Windripper/SplitCrit/Frenzy Build - (w/Vaal Haste, over 260% IAS, 70% Crit)

I tried to make this my own by instead of using Elemental Hit I use Frenzy. I'm currently at lvl 74 and w/o really any multi except increased crit dmg support gems I can get Frenzy up to 30k dmg with just a 4L (atm no life leech).

Below are the nitty gritty stuff, if you can respond to this let me know. I'd like to know what you think. It's very fun and I melt things 3 screens up... bad ass!

Up to level 71 maps solo, and steadily climbing...
I'll update as I go and look forward to hearing what you think. Carry on!
- Astrom

Scion - Windripper/Frenzy Build

Here are some basic stats (Lvl 86):

LIFE
- Life: 200% Increased Max Life
- Bandit Reward: +40 Life
- Regen: 1% Life Regen

CRITICAL STRIKES
- Crit Strike Chance (from tree): 315%
- Power Charges (w/alira): 5 Charges (aka 250% crit chance)
- Crit Strike Multi (from tree): 135%
Outcome: With just the 360/250 from tree/charges, you'll be approx doing 70-71% crit chance before gear and/or adding more nodes from the tree. Add gear and you're well on your way... ATM my crit multi dmg supports are both at 104% increased dmg.

SKILLS
Split Arrow: (5L) SA/Chain/LL/BM/IncCritDmg (+WED if 6L)
Frenzy: (4L) Fr/BM/WED/IncCritDmg (+LL if 5L, +LL/IIR or Culling Strike if 6L)

AURAS
Wrath/Anger/Haste + Vaal Haste
- W/Reduced Mana gem and inside Alpha's Howl (for extra levels).
- Vaal Haste: See Attack Speed below...

CWDT
CwDT/EC/IncAOE/Crit Weak or Ele Weak Curse
- This is more traditional, your choice of curse and Enduring Cry w/Increased Area of Effect support, to give you 3 endurance charges consistantly. CwDT Level: 4.
CwDT/IC/IncDur/Vaal Haste
- Since Vaal Haste doesn't proc with CwDT (it's an aura) it'll make use of the Increased Duration support alongside Immortal Call. CwDT Level: 7.

ATTACK SPEED
This build utilizes the most efficient ways to get insane attack speed by using Frenzy to build up charges and having Haste/Vaal Haste up.

Here's a breakdown of how this ends up working out:
Speed From:
- Frenzy Charges: additional 20% per Charge x 5 Charges = 100% Attack Speed Increase
- Frenzy Charges (natural): 5% per Charge x 5 Charges = 25% Attack Speed Increase
- Haste: 24% Increased Attack Speed (w/alpha's howl level increase + aura effect nodes from tree)
- Vaal Haste: 60% Increased Attack Speed (including aura effect nodes from tree)
- From Tree: 46% Increased Attack Speed
- Bandit Reward: 8% Increased Attack Speed
- (Quality) from Split Arrow: 10% Increased Attack Speed
Altogether with everything up and active (non-split arrow):
263% Increased Attack Speed
OR Approx. 5.5 Attacks Per Second.

WEAPON & General ELEMENTAL DMG
- 30% Increased Elemental Damage (from tree)
- 24% Increased Weapon Elemental Damage (from tree)
- WED Gems on both skills

DEFENSES
Alot of this build is like mathil's in the way it's weak on ele resists and physical reduction. I opted for Acrobatics and will probably try out Phase Acro to see how it works out. The EC/IC combo helps alleiviate some physical dmg by proc a lot and I can/will get capped resists eventually.
- Acrobatics Keystone
- Ondar's Guile

GEAR
* ATM this is what i'm using at lvl 74, will be upgrading a lot of this, esp the jewelry and belt. ALSO: The gem sets are a bit wonky because I'm still trying to chrome the bow for Frenzy, that is why frenzy is stuck in the gloves for the moment and a whole bunch of random stuff is leveling in the bow. So keep that in mind :D .
Spoiler

TREE!! Level 86 Version:

*Keep in mind the pathing was to save nodes that were otherwise wasted on straight dex nodes for travel and maintained 110 Strength and over 150 Intelligence (Most of your str gems will need at most 110 Strength of 150 Intelligence).

THE REST OF THE WAY:
I will decide how much crit is too much crit, and fill out the tree accordingly or repath to certain nodes but overall this is already very substantial for a build. I traded Elemental Hit for Frenzy as it will give me so much more attack speed and by doing so, boosts the overall dps substantially across the board (between split arrow and frenzy of course).

I will post more later but this how i'm running it now and up to lvl 86 at which point i'll re-evaluate what else needs to go into it (via tree/gear).

Thanks for the inspiration Mathil, I hope I hear from you soon man and keep on rocking everybody!

-- A
Last edited by Astrom on May 6, 2014, 2:37:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info