Flameblast Prolif EB MoM AA Build

There are many guides out there, so i dont need to keep updating this guide. I dont care enough. With the recent changes my flameblast has more clear speed and dmg, but less everything else. I dropped EE for now since i dont really need it and it seems like faster clear speed this way. 3.4k blast with fire pen. Still plays well. Shadow is better start for more damage.

Video that covers most recent stuff

Outdated guide

Hey there! Ive been asked to make a guide for my flameblast build, so i decided to share it. This may give some ideas to other blasters. Ive tested crit and CI aswell, this one works best of them and im very satisfied with it.

Why this build?
This will be a very fun build for those who like prolif burn for sick burning damage. Can 1-shot bosses. If you like multitasking for satisfying effect. Fast and tanky, takes some practise to play, but in skilled hands it shines. A good change of pace from my CI dagger crit flicker shadow (an opposite if i dare to say). Nice combination of different game mechanics.

How it works:

I focus on getting best possible cast speed, aoe and damage for blast. Elemental Equilibrium (possibly shock aswell) and curse monsters, everything vaporizes with proliferation. Flameblast need fairly good mana regen to cast, so Eldritch Battery, Arctic Armour Mind over Matter works well with it, making it a tanky character. high fire res + AA makes it it very resistant to reflect. Casting Arc totem for EE + shock prolif and elemental weakness curse makes monsters easier to kill, even with curse immune and other map mods. Arc totem keeps triggering EE, you can blast at will and if you want play carefully, let your totem explore and tank the first hits while you cast flameblast.
Lastly, i have RF for fun factor + speedy rampaging massacre!

Why only 35% base ignite?
Although belt gives extra 10% while flask is active, it still isnt much in total. Idea here
is that with good aoe and cast speed, you will hit 3+ mobs at once and will ignite at least
1 of them, which is enough. Sometimes you need about 3 hits to ignite a boss or single
mob, but then it only takes 1.2sec for 10 stacks and that is a hard hit, when it ignites it kills. Usually bosses are surrounded by adds or boss summons adds, hit them all and
youll get ignites going. I used to use flammability for extra ignite % but now i dont find i need it.

Video Demo (with old gear)

Vaal Molten Shell Action Video (with old gear)

How to get started

Get yourself 4-5L searing touch(or doryani scepters if you can afford it) and cloak of defiance. Use life leech gem when you dont have good pieces and have trouble surviving. I was doing 74s with 4L searing with only 1% leech from dory belt in ambush, but its more fun to play recklessly, so get some good gear:). Faster casting or spell echo as 5L and empower as 6L. Try t get good life, mana/es, mana regen and resist first to use highest possible AA. Use molten shell with leech. Later try getting cast speed, spell damage and armor on gear. Endurance charges work well with AA, this build doesnt get much armor, but good flask management helps alot. As i said, very microintensive build, one of the charms.

Pieces/Links

Flask setup for using RF

Other good uniques to use

Important stats
screenshot with only auras, selfbuffed 84% ar, lvl 23 molten shell + 5 endurance charges + granite(not up in that picture), lvl 24 arctic armour, flameblast tooltip without and with righteous fire(leveled up rf gem, its 7.6k now)

Bandits
normal help oak for 40 lfie
cruel help Alira for cast speed or skill point(i prefer point, can take a point in shadow tree if needed)
merciless skill point or help oak for +1 endurance charge

BLAST RADIUS

Tactics:
General:
Molten shell is great for extra defence and source of good damage, keep it active. Arc totem, curse or both, then flameblast. Cast speed is good so go nuts. I tend to use less molten lately because im tanky, but sometimes its really helpful, like in temporal chains maps and rhoas, devourers etc. Lighting warp for good mobility.
Reflect:
Ruby flasks recommended if you want large blast. Small blast wont go through resists and AA and still clears well with prolif. I have 96% fire res with flask up. Dont do refl and -max together!
Bosses:
Mobility and dps, a winning combination.
Half/No Regen:
Half regen maps are easily doable if you keep your distance and dont use AA. Can use AA and only move by warping, AA without empower even. Dont do no regen maps, u could survive, but not worth the risk/trouble (i did some no regen with group, had to be careful, 2x lavianga flasks were very very handy).
Righteous Fire:
Can use this to nuke down bosses and stuff, fast. i have healing flask with dispel burn effect and 2 ruby flasks with run speed to survive RF. Will still degen life, but leech will make it manageable. Only issue i find is that prolif kills so fast that its hard to find stuff to leech from. Its frenzy period, quite fun. The fact that you can easily die if your multitasking skills are lacking means that you race to keep getting flask charges and leeching, results in fast clear with a wish that there would be more to kill :D
USEFUL TIPS , CLICK
1. If you are going to use Smearing Touch, you can have Lighting warp + reduced duration + curse on hit + elem weakness + area of effect + proliferation. Take static blows. Then you can spread EE, curse and shock while moving
2. Go to toilet before it becomes urgent!
3. Linking molten and warp in doryanis scepters is good, add aoe for quality molten and clear screen with it, you still have leech.
4. Snapshot AA with empower
5. If you dont have 6L, switch concentrated effect for bosses, or whatever damage gems you arent using.
6. Dont do bosses that are too risky, risk not worth the reward at high levels
7. Have a good comfortable posture so you can play for hours.
8. Temporal chains makes RF mode easier to manage
9. Static Blows and add light linked to flameblast will prolif shocks, was using it before i changed to conc eff.
10. Keep having fun!

Any questions?
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Last edited by Erak on Jan 9, 2015, 5:25:16 PM
Nice build! will try it soon for sure, waiting for videos!
nice video and build
ign: YongSook
Look good
I just hit mid 50s and was planning on going self cast arc.. However, I've been leveling with a searing touch using fire ball and flameblask, and needlessly to say I'm having a blast! No pun inteded.. :) I think I might stay flameblast, but my concern is reflect. I've been leveling an AA gem, and I have other purity of fire and such gems already leveled on another char..

Anyways, how about your gloves? :) lol 4 Off? Really... haha Nice gear.. Idk how much I plan on investing into this character, but I bet with all your gear, this build must feel real nice!

Edit: Whats your life on this char? Doesnt seem like you have much on gear with some of those uniques...
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Jun 8, 2014, 10:54:51 AM
Gotta be careful with reflect, get highest lvl AA possible and purity of fire. I have 2 ruby flasks that are nice to spam when blasting offscreen, in refl map or using RF, gotta have dispel burn flask if using RF. But you can do any refl without flasks with 1-3-stack blast. Solo dont need that many stacks to kill.
Yeah those gloves colors are funny, was trying to get RRBB on it and 4B on ar/es boots, but it gave 4B which is also ok. At the time of making this guide i had 5k life, about 1.1k free mana. Should be visible in videos. lvl 95 now and specced into templar aura nodes at the cost of some life/regen. Right now 4.5k life 1.7k free mana, i think its a better balance this way, will spec back to life when i lvl up more. Ideally i want life and mana to go to 0 at the same time when dying, full use of MoM.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Doing the build, currently 66(cant wait to reach 75 and try them Catalysts lol). I have to admit the build is in someway expensive - I got most of my gems 20s + the Scepters and stuff (still don't have them Empowers tho ;/ ), but like at this point between end of merc and maps i really start to see the build shining, even I'm still using 5l for FB. One-shotted piety in Crem and the statue boss in Markets and was like daaamn. I had trouble maintaining my hp during 1-50, because the cast speed was not that fast and I was taking lots of hits, but once I put the Clock and used high lvl AA all went well.
Big props for the build, it's really fun and I relax a lot with it.
IGN: Brotemaika
nice build, fun to play

Ups. Posted in the wrong tab. Sorry.
Last edited by Charontid on Aug 23, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
what you offensive stats now witout empower gem?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info