[1.1.X] - Ambush - FireBomber Witch - Firetrap/MoltenShell/Lightning Warp w/ EB/EE

I've been having a lot of fun with this build, and have always enjoyed making good use of Firetrap. In writing a guide for this build, I hope I can provide a good understanding on the playstyle and strengths/weaknesses. I've made many different Firetrap builds in the past, but I find this one to be by far the most enjoyable in terms of speed and effectiveness.

First here is a small clip showing how this build would function. It's very short, 73 Map Oak kill. The point is to show the general rotation of skills used:

https://vimeo.com/93722103

Gear/Sockets:
Spoiler

Skills:

5L - Firetrap+ Conc.Effect + Increase Burning Dmg.+ Ele.Proliferation + Chance to Ignite.
4L - Vaal Molten Shell+ Increased Duration + Conc.Effect. + Empower
4L - Lightning Warp + Added Lightning Dmg.+ Elemental Proliferation + Reduced Duration
Arctic Armour - No Supports
Enduring Cry - No Supports
3L Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Elemental Weakness

Auras - lvl 20 Clarity, lvl 20 Vitality

Explanation of Skills/gems

- Firetrap - Your main skill is Firetrap. One Firetrap will generally clear a room and can kill most bosses with the Burn/Ignite. Conc.Effect adds a ton of damage, while reducing the burning ground radius. With this setup you will achieve higher ignite/burn damage that will still retain a high ignite radius due to elemental proliferation. Chance to Ignite and Increase Burning Damage will put your Firetrap skill over 50% to Ignite.

- Molten Shell/Vaal Molten Shell - These add a great deal of armor and deal considerable damage (especially Vaal version) while providing a great deal of life back from Life Leech. Molten Shell only procs from physical damage. Vaal Molten Shell will proc from all sources of direct damage.

- Lightning Warp - This is your movement skill. Engage/disengage enemies with it. Aside from movement, Lightning Warp with this build and setup will proc Elemental Equilibrium (EE)and has a high chance to Shock enemies.

- Arctic Armour, Enduring Cry, Immortal Call - These are your defensive skills. AA should always be on, and Endurng Cry/Immortal Call can provide instant immunity to physical dmg, making it easy to Teleport anywhere much more safely and to make things explode.

- Keystones -

Eldritch Battery
- Makes using level 20+ Arctic Armour possible by converting your Energy Shield into Mana. AA provides a ridiculous amount of defense and I find it essential in this build due to the inherent low armor.

Elemental Equilbrium - By teleporting into mobs, you will prep your FireTrap to do considerably more damage. When you teleport away, you will proc EE again and can throw more traps.

Strengths= This build can run maps very quickly and has high damage. Use Vaal Molten Shell on bosses or pesky Exiles to reduce them to ash. It is generally a safe build with on demand physical inv.

Weaknesses= Forgetting to put on AA or use Immortal Call (you can get around 9 Seconds with 5 Charges) and porting into a group will result in immediate death. Basically, you rely very heavily on your defensive abilities. Always keep AA on and Immortal Call up when porting into groups. This build has basically zero armor/energy shield.
Reflect mobs will kill you if you port in with Molten Shell. If you see Reflect mobs, just use Firetrap.

Passive Tree
:
- Bandit Quests - Normal - Point. Cruel - Point. Merciless - Endurance Charge.

I hope this provides some encouragement to anyone wanting to make good use of Firetrap and warping around. I will try to provide higher level maps (77,78) when I get a hold of more.

Last edited by animuanima on Jun 25, 2014, 10:12:33 PM
I wouldn't use two additional Vaal gems on CWDT as it will take Vaal Molten Shell 3 x more time to be ready. And Vaal Molten is by far the best Vaal skill imho. I use it too and it burns everything to ashes in mere moments especially if there is a titty bitch in the background that fast hits you.
Vaal cold snap actually is worse than normal cold snap that comes with extended freeze duration and doesn't need to be loaded to be triggered. Normal cold snap and ice nova will probably do a better job at slowing attackers down than the two vaal skills.
You bring a good point with the cwdt that I overlooked. I will edit the guide. Thanks for the input!
Edited build without cwdt gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info