[1.1.3] How to Shit on Reflect with 200k+ Discharges 101

I don't have time to make an extremely detailed guide (but I will if enough people want me to). I will explain here why this particular build is unique from and better (imo) than those. This build has the drawbacks of being pretty expensive (Shavs + other high price uniques) and endorsing a riskier/noob-unfriendly play-style, which requires finesse and good eye sight & flask management. But the upside is fucking huge - you will be able to run ele reflect maps with 200k++ discharges like a goddamn boss.

Easy Test Run on Dry Penninsula (Just shows generic game-play)

Updates:
5/9/14:
- Swapped Auxium for Doryani's Invitation. You can get one for ~5 ex on standard. The benefits are: 1% life leech let's you safely use concentrated effect on the 6L instead of LL; the 35 strength bonus saves you a passive point; the extra cold/fire res let's you cap your resists easily without a GG helm; the % increase to lightning dmg scales discharge well. The drawback is no freeze protection, but with smart use of flasks, you can manage this (with the option to swap your shav's ring for a dream fragment and turn off RF).
- Updated the budget and item prioritization section

5/2/14:
- After the snapshot nerf news, my objective was to change the build, so that I wouldn't have to snapshot. I had to take out 1 60% aura, replace my hellbringer with maligaros, rearrange my gems, and swap points out of crit to take Deep Thoughts - but it worked. I can run Discipline, Grace/Haste, Vitality, Purity of Fire, Purity of Lightning, and Purity of Ice without snap-shotting.

Build:
I'm doing it as a Scion, but it's 1 point more efficient as a witch.

Level 82 build

End-game build

At the moment, I'm not specced into RF and a bunch of crit/dmg nodes, and my discharge is still over 160k. It will easily hit over 200k end-game, approaching the 225k-250k range (without even considering RF damage). I advise taking the ES/defensive nodes first, crit/spell/ele dmg second, and the nodes necessary for RF last. This means that in the beginning you should take the spell damage scion start instead of the life regen and respec later.

I would also advise against trying to do Ele Reflect maps until you have ~85%+ crit chance. The surgeon's resist flask manipulation doesn't work as consistently unless you have very high crit. You should also experiment with Crit Weakness, Warlord's Mark, and/or The Magnate Studded Belt as swaps for Ele Reflect maps and find what you're most comfortable with. Don't follow this guide religiously - I am very often testing and doing different things.

Necessities for the build:
1. Shavs Chest (70+ ex)

2. Romira's Banquet (5 ex)

3. Shav's Ring (15 ex)

4. Saffell's Frame (1-2 ex for legacy, spell block is irrelevant)

***5-10 are things that are not strictly necessary:***

5. L21 Purity of Fire and Purity of Lightning (~10-15 ex each). Alternatively, if you have a level 4 empower (~90+ ex) that will work.

An even cheaper alternative is to just grab a single 10% flask effect node near the witch start. With L20 Purities (don't need empower either) + flasks, you will have 100% all res. The drawback is you will only have 89 passive fire res instead of 91, and won't be able to passively sustain RF/blood rage. This is manageable, but I suggest getting a L21 Purity of Fire and using the 10% node. Worry about getting L21 Purity of Lightning after you've gotten other necessities.

6. Rainbowstride (<5 ex). Get a pair with high mana and ES (spell block and resists are irrelevant)

7. Void Battery (20-25 ex). A really nice spell damage wand might work just as well, but for the price this is by far the best option.

8. Voll's Devotion (15 ex). This makes game-play really fluid, but you can incorporate enduring cry into your gem set-up as a cheaper alternative.

9. Maligaro (2+ ex). This is definitely BiS. The build will NOT work with hell/void-bringer. I also like it better than Atziri's Acuity for this build, but that is also an option.

10. Doryani's Invitation (5 ex) - The 1% leech is godsend. The belt will make over-capping your resists really easy as well, which will let you skimp on your helm.

My Gear:

Few noteworthy things here:
- The gear and gem set-up above is for when you can run RF. When you're leveling it will be a little different. The only major changes I personally made was I swapped vitality out for crit weakness, and use dream fragments for some maps instead of shav's ring.

- I switch between grace and haste depending on the map, but usually run grace.

- For Ele Reflect Maps, I swap to Cast when Stunned-Cold Snap-Enfeeble-Cold Nova/EleProlif on my boots. Might change this set-up later

Build Mechanics/Synergy:
- Because of Romira's Banquet and 0% crit chance + high hit rate on incinerate (7.7 casts/hits per second), you can get 8 power charges in about 1 second.

- Because of Saffell's and Shav's, you can get 2 multiplicative %spell bonuses (RF and PA)

- Because of Saffell's and Shav's, you get +5 max all res, and you can run all three purities to get +4 max all res. With Elemental Adaptation and the buff/aura nodes, this brings you to 89% all res.

- With L4 empower OR L21 Purity of Fire/Light + L3 empower, you are bumped from 89% to 91% fire and lightning resistance

- With the regen from Shav's ring, vitality, and skill tree, you will passively sustain RF + blood rage.

- With ruby, topaz, and sapphire flasks, you will have 101% fire, 101% lightning, and 99% cold resistance.

- With high crit chance (85-90% endgame), you will have nearly 100% uptime on your flasks for ele reflect maps:
1. Incinerate to get charges
2. Pop flasks
3. Discharge
4. If there's another nearby pack, you can fit in another incinerate + discharge combo into the flask duration.
5. Repeat
***Note: If your passive crit chance is not high enough to keep a comfortable 100% uptime on flasks, you can incorporate curse weakness, warlord's mark, and/or magnate studded belt into the build.

- You also have the option of turning off blood rage for ele reflect and running an extra jade or quicksilver flask instead of sapphire for extra survivability. You'll have slightly less DPS because of no frenzy charges, but the benefit is an extra flask slot and taking absolutely 0 reflect damage (otherwise you would still be taking 1% of the cold dmg portion of discharge).

Feel free to leave questions/comments here, as I would love to hear your guys’ thoughts about the build! :)
IGN: KiPad

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on May 27, 2014, 12:51:18 AM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 7:54:32 PM
>Reserved<

Mirror Services (/view-thread/778747): #1 Crit Rings for *ALL* builds (Low-life, CI, and Life), #1 1H Axe, #1 Ar Boots, #1 Life Rustic
Last edited by KiPad on May 2, 2014, 9:04:27 PM
Update: Took points out of crit at the top into Deep Thoughts, which let me rearrange my gems to run purity of ice off of mana and grace/haste off of life. It's still a little bit tight on the mana, basically just enough to build up the power charges + 1 discharge, with a little wiggle room. I have 252 unreserved mana, and it takes 161 mana to cast discharge & 6 mana for each cast of incinerate. Blood rage is 25 mana + 6(8) + 161 = minimally need 234 mana to start off with (leaving a buffer space of 3 incinerates).

Once you start moving quickly from pack to pack, your mana leech from the preceding pack will usually carry over into the next one to cover your incinerate cost and then some, so mana becomes mostly a non-issue, but not always. I still find myself every now and then not having enough mana. I'm thinking that getting a Lavianga mana flask will solve that problem nicely, but if not, I will have to invest into Mana Geyser.

Last edited by KiPad on May 2, 2014, 10:08:57 PM
looks pretty shit
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

Updated

Add to title that "this build standard ONLY and you must have at least 100ex for shavs", lol.
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ
Last edited by Dharmatrooper on May 10, 2014, 3:27:50 AM
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
Add to title that "this build standard ONLY and you must have at least 100ex for shavs", lol.

I mentioned in the introduction that the build was expensive, as well as places you can cut costs later in the post. And you can get a 5L shavs on standard for <70ex.

Last edited by KiPad on May 10, 2014, 11:37:56 PM
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:

Envy and poverty begets stupidity. Or is it the other way around?

This build can operate at maximum potential using only unique gear. You can get all of those uniques for about the price of one mirror. That automatically makes it cheaper than 99% of other builds, which usually require at least one mirrored item to operate at maximum potential.

The key word here - in case you missed it - is 'at maximum potential'.
IGN: BaiBhai | BhaiBhai | Bhailo

"
Bhaisabh wrote:
"
Dharmatrooper wrote:

Envy and poverty begets stupidity. Or is it the other way around?

This build can operate at maximum potential using only unique gear. You can get all of those uniques for about the price of one mirror. That automatically makes it cheaper than 99% of other builds, which usually require at least one mirrored item to operate at maximum potential.

The key word here - in case you missed it - is 'at maximum potential'.

To use this build at half of its potential requires at least 100 ex.
Update: Don't need L21 purities to do the build. You can get a 10% flask effect passive node near the witch to cover the 1% max res to get 100% all max res

"
peterchao789 wrote:
To use this build at half of its potential requires at least 100 ex.

So significantly cheaper than any CoE Shavs build :) Honestly, if someone has questions for how to do a cheaper version of this build and still run it effectively, I'd be more than happy to try & help, but I don't care for whining about how expensive it is. There are hundreds of different guides/builds tailored to different play-styles and wealth - please move on and pick another one.

Last edited by KiPad on May 14, 2014, 1:41:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info