Garena is adding skill tree resets as a micro transaction in 1.1.3. Thoughts?

I personally don't like it. Not like I play garena PoE anyway.

Some might argue that its okay since its the same as RMT-ing orbs of regrets but meh.
Garena poe is dying... I'm a player there
This makes me worried about either the economy of GGG or the integrity of GGG.

They said that they were strongly against any form of pay-to-win elements. And resets as microtransactions fall in that category specially since regrets orbs exist in the game and snapshotting is powerful.

So maybe they needed the money so badly that they sold out a bit of their integrity, which is fine, or they simply lost integrity for the lulz?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:

They said that they were strongly against any form of pay-to-win elements. And resets as microtransactions fall in that category specially since regrets orbs exist in the game and snapshotting is powerful.

So maybe they needed the money so badly that they sold out a bit of their integrity, which is fine, or they simply lost integrity for the lulz?

I think you'll find that Garena and GGG are two different companies. I think you'll also find that Garena servers are completely separate, and are tailored specifically to the market (south east Asia) in which they are in. Such things are expected.

I think you'll also find that there are no Pay to Win Elements for the non Garena Client, in which case I do believe that no integrity has been lost.

But don't let the truth get in your way, it never has before :)
Last edited by Glowerss on Apr 30, 2014, 10:47:14 AM
"
Glowerss wrote:
"
mazul wrote:

I think you'll find that Garena and GGG are two different companies. I think you'll also find that Garena servers are completely separate, and are tailored specifically to the market (south east Asia) in which they are in. Such things are expected.

I think you'll also find that there are no Pay to Win Elements for the non Garena Client, in which case I do believe that no integrity has been lost.

But don't let the truth get in your way, it never has before :)

GGG had full control over what they allow publishers such as Garena to do. Allowing Garena to put this "pay to win" element is the issue here.
pee2win confirmed
soon you will get 10 regrets for 1 chaos.
IGN TylordRampage
p2w is not an issue in Asia. I don't think Garena is doing anything wrong.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
p2w is not an issue in Asia. I don't think Garena is doing anything wrong.

It is not an issue in large parts of the Western world either. Just look at Magic the Gathering.
"
Malone wrote:
soon you will get 10 regrets for 1 chaos.

regret to alchs is 1:1, so no

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info