Content and Features:
Sacrifice of the Vaal and Invasion Challenge League Balance:
These changes reinforce the positive and popular elements of the new content and make the content more generally accessible.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal Reave: Repeatedly attacks a large area in different directions. Each Vaal Reave that hits an enemy increases the area of effect.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal Haste: Casts a temporary aura that increases the movement speed, attack speed and cast speed of you and your allies.
- Added a new corrupted Skill Gem - Vaal Discipline: Casts a temporary aura that grants energy shield to you and your allies and prevents energy shield recharge being delayed by damage taken.
- Added a new Strength skill - Molten Strike: Attacks a target with physical and fire damage, causing balls of molten magma to launch forth from your weapon as you swing. These will explode, causing AoE attack damage to enemies where they land.
- Added a new Intelligence skill - Convocation: Recalls all minions that are following you to your location and grants them a temporary life regeneration effect.
- Molten Strike is a quest reward for "Enemy at the Gate" on Normal Difficulty for the Templar, Marauder, Duelist and Scion.
- Convocation is a quest reward for "Enemy at the Gate" on Cruel difficulty for the Witch, Templar and Scion.
- Added two new cosmetic microtransactions: Seraph Wings Back Attachment and Gore Glacial Cascade Effect.
- The character creation process has been streamlined so that you have to select a character class before you can type in a character name. Some new players were struggling to understand the flow of this UI before.
- Added four new Unique items, three of which were designed by supporters.
- Added three new unique chests that can appear in the Ambush league.
- Added two new achievements: Cut-throat and Dream Corruption.
- Added two new recipes to assist early game summoners.
- Changed the appearance of Kuduku, the False God to the Tiki Totem.
- Added an option to constrain the mouse pointer to the window.
- Added new versions of the Storm Call effect for monster usage of the skill.
- Added a Shrine symbol for the Static Shrine.
- Updated the loading screen for Map areas.
Early Game Difficulty and Act 1 Boss/Monster Balance:
These changes are intended to remove some of the higher-variance negative experiences that can occur to new players in the early game, while retaining the essence and general difficulty of Path of Exile.
- We have continued to adjust Invasion and Corrupted Secret Area bosses. In general this has involved reducing the quantity of summons and reducing high spike damage, while retaining the pace changes and different tactics that players have praised.
- Added new map mods to be used in Corrupted Secret Areas that are generally smaller versions of normal map mods. Some map mods have been removed from the Corrupted Secret Area pool.
- Increased the relative drop rates of rarer Vaal fragments.
- Increased the spawn chance of Vaal side areas by around 120% in the permanent leagues.
- We have replaced Hailrake's Ice Spear with Glacial Cascade in all difficulties. His AI has been improved.
- Removed the critical strike chance from monster versions of Firestorm in Normal difficulty.
- Removed the critical strike chance from Blackguard and Rhoa Shield Charges in Normal Difficulty.
- Removed the invulnerability period from Hillock when he is drawing his sword in all difficulties.
- Reduced the damage, duration and radius of the zombie Poison Cloud on Death in all difficulties.
- Changed Reave stacks so they are shared between multiple versions of the skill, if a player uses multiple copies of the Reave gem.
- Added a cap for Dodge and Spell Dodge of 75%.
- Changed Life, Mana and Hybrid flasks to no longer be usable when they would have no function. That is, when there is no life and/or mana to recover and there is no on-use effect.
- It is now possible to evade Antalie Napora's Vaal Burning Arrow.
- Fixed a bug with Ice Nova and Cast on Critical Strike, where Ice Nova would do no damage when triggered by a critical strike of a projectile attack skill.
- Fixed an issue where the Warrior Supporter Portal nameplate was shown in the wrong place.
- Solved a situation where Vaal Summon Skeletons summoned fewer skeletons if the summoner had summoned skeletons from a standard Summon Skeleton skill.
- Fixed a bug where an unset ring that was disabled by Thief's Torment would re-enable on having things socketed in or out of it.
- Fixed a bug where Offerings were not affected by buff duration increases.
- Fixed an issue where a momentary Grace Period buff was applied to users when using a teleporter.
- Fixed an issue with the unique item Voidbringer where its 3d art causing certain animations to appear incorrect.
- Fixed some bugs with items spawning from Strongboxes.
- Improved the Bandit Respecs so that Eramir's dialogue now correctly updates when you alter your bandit decisions.
- Fixed issues with environmental effects in the Scepter of God that commonly occured when re-entering the area after a death.
- Fixed an animation problem with the Ranger that would occur when throwing traps while also holding a bow.
- Fixed an issue with Torture Chamber boss room's exit teleporter not disabling once the boss had been engaged.
- Fixed a bug where effects on off-hand weapons would flicker under certain circumstances.
Thanks for your feedback and continued support
EDIT: There was an additional hot fix deployed at 1 May 4:30pm New Zealand time to fix an issue with boss damage introduced by this patch.
Last edited by Qarl on May 1, 2014, 12:44:39 AM
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:28:41 AM
Grinding Gear Games
awesome patch :)
reducing high spike damage
> totally looking forward to it .
thanks a lot for adjusting the invasion bosses yet again .
i give it a new try then .
We have replaced Hailrake's Ice Spear with Glacial Cascade in all difficulties. His AI has been improved
> as long he doesn't perma-freeze like the invasion-boss :D
stay toasty =) .
P.S. ball lightning / flame whip please <3
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:36:01 AM
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:40:29 AM
Sweet! Looking forward!
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:41:44 AM
First page? woooo
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:41:55 AM
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:42:37 AM
ign standard: Fat_Ass_LA
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:42:43 AM
nice ggg vall auras
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:47:17 AM
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:47:27 AM
Really awsome job for a great game to improve it.
on Apr 30, 2014, 1:49:49 AM