[INVASION] The Flame Surge Scion - Infernal mantle, Three dragons Cast on Crit CI Tank

This build is now changed from spectral throw dagger to barrage wand to include flame surge It's now more damaging than ever with Flame Surge and 1 extra gem slot!

Gameplay:
Use ice spears to gather power charges and proliferate ignite mobs, use barrage to cast on crit all 3 fire spells.

Pros
+ Max Block/Spell Block
+ Very High reflect free damage
+ Chaos Immune
+ Constant Shock
+ Conduit with 3 types of charges
+ 80% Immunity to stun
+ Tempest Shield freezes on block
+ Corrupted stone of Lazhawr
+ Face Tanking with Vaal pact

Cons
- Requires at least a 5 Link Infernal
- Requires High ES energy Shield (400+)
- Relies on Granite and Immortal call for physical mitigation
- Cannot run half regen maps
- Potato computers will get baked

Old Spectral Throw Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LOyT2L23tQ&feature=youtu.be

Passive Tree as current in the video (adjusted to cap resists)

Final Goal Passive Tree

This build utilizes the Infernal Mantle's full potential and makes use of all the bonuses it provides, making the Mantle essentially an 8 Link Chest. Granting you 2 bonuses similar to 2 support gems

100% Increased Global Critical Strike Chance

25% Fire Damage Converted to Chaos

100% Global Crit applies to all damage (Including Tempest shield) and 25% fire to chaos penetrates mobs like fire penetration and makes reflect 25% easier since chaos doesn't reflect. Both with no mana multiplier, all at the cheap cost of 1 less aura reserved.

Gear and Gem setup

1. Barrage
2. Cast on Critical
3. Flame Surge
4. Fire Storm
5. Fire Ball
6. Life Leech

Flasks

Bandits:
Kill all
Kill all
Help Oak

Dealing with Corrupted Blood/Lightning Thorns

As shown in the video I don't have much trouble with thorns as long as I use Topaz flask. Against corrupted blood use Conversion Trap, with funny results.

Note

You can switch to this build from Tabula Rasa as soon as you reach lvl 62, keep an eye out on the auras and Tempest shield and only run all 3 once you have the reduced mana reserved nodes and high lvl reduced mana. Low mana can be fatal, work your mana percentage and use a lvl 20 reduced mana in order to add elemental proliferation to Tempest Shield. You will never go low mana because cast on crit doesn't use much mana unless you spam a few curses. Remember to use granite and use Enduring cry before charging mobs.

Last edited by klerace on May 29, 2014, 3:10:51 PM
25% Fire damage converted to chaos does not even begin to compare to fire penetration. Let's take a look at the math:

-vs 75% resist mob-
unsupported:
you deal 25% damage

fire penetration:
pierces 35% of the resist, bringing the mob's resist to 40%, you deal 60% damage.

25% fire damage converted to chaos:
75% of your fire damage deals 25% damage=18.75% damage.
18.75% + 25% chaos damage = 43.75% damage.

-vs 0% resist mob-
unsupported:
you deal 100% damage

fire penetration:
pierces 35% of the resist, bringing the mob's resist to -35%, you deal 135% damage.

you deal 75% fire damage + 25% chaos damage = 100% damage. Not even better than the unsupported damage.
I think this build can be play with a no link Infernal Mantle, though the effective gonna drop. Thank to this baby:

Nice Build btw, I love to see people began to build around cheap Unique more and more lately.
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
"
memzy wrote:
25% Fire damage converted to chaos does not even begin to compare to fire penetration. Let's take a look at the math:

-vs 75% resist mob-
unsupported:
you deal 25% damage

fire penetration:
pierces 35% of the resist, bringing the mob's resist to 40%, you deal 60% damage.

75% of your fire damage deals 25% damage=18.75% damage.
18.75% + 25% chaos damage = 43.75% damage.

-vs 0% resist mob-
unsupported:
you deal 100% damage

fire penetration:
pierces 35% of the resist, bringing the mob's resist to -35%, you deal 135% damage.

you deal 75% fire damage + 25% chaos damage = 100% damage. Not even better than the unsupported damage.

Good feedback

But you forgot to account for fire resis mobs and elemental resis mobs, where even flammability doesn't lower their resists. And there are tons of fire resist mobs. Crit weakness also gives more damage than flammability and syncs better with shock stacks and chaos damage.
Last edited by klerace on Apr 26, 2014, 7:33:47 AM
"
surVfate wrote:
I think this build can be play with a no link Infernal Mantle, though the effective gonna drop. Thank to this baby:

Nice Build btw, I love to see people began to build around cheap Unique more and more lately.

Sure if you don't have a 5l mantle, use fireball instead of firestorm.
"
Good feedback

But you forgot to account for fire resis mobs and elemental resis mobs, where even flammability doesn't lower their resists. And there are tons of fire resist mobs. Crit weakness also gives more damage than flammability and syncs better with shock stacks and chaos damage.

No I did not forget. Penetration works differently than lowering resists. It's a separate mechanic from flammability/ele weakness.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration

75% is the most resist you will have to deal with when doing penetration calculations. (in PvE)
Last edited by memzy on Apr 26, 2014, 7:47:36 AM
"
memzy wrote:
"
Good feedback

No I did not forget. Penetration works differently than lowering resists. It's a separate mechanic from flammability/ele weakness.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration

75% is the most resist you will have to deal with when doing penetration calculations. (in PvE)

That's true they can't go over 75%, but fire resist and elemental resist mobs have more overcapped resists that flammability and fire pent has no effect.
Last edited by klerace on Apr 26, 2014, 7:59:32 AM
"
klerace wrote:
That's true they can't go over 75%, but fire resist and elemental resist mobs have more overcapped resists that flammability and fire pent has no effect.

This is not true. The Fire/Cold/Lightning pen gems act like more multipliers for your damage regardless of mobs's resistances.
IGN Zeitgeist
"
klerace wrote:

Flammability will have no effect if they are way overcapped. Fire penetration will still work. They are different mechanics. Source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Penetration
Your block chance isn't technically capped, is it? You get roughly 34% from the tree (I could be off on my count though) with a 28% block chance shield and 4% from tempest shield, and that puts you at 68% block chance. I've never done a high block chance char before; do you think you'll notice or miss that 7% block chance?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info