Dealing with the Bandits Oak reward glitch

So I just completed the Dealing with the Bandits quest helping Oak, which grants +40 HP, as it should. However... I have +24% HP from passives, which did not affect the +40 HP gained. I had 532 HP before completing it, and now 572 afterwards. Flat +40 HP, where it should've been +49.6 depending on however PoE rounds or truncates things.

It's be kind of annoying to have given up a skill point for a bonus to health that doesn't even stack with passives, with no warning that it doesn't...
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It says it adds +40 with no indication that it stacks with passives. What made you think quest rewards are influenced by your passives?

Everybody would be exploiting the heck out of it if it was affected by item buffs and passives.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 1, 2013, 4:07:47 AM
"
It says it adds +40 with no indication that it stacks with passives. What made you think quest rewards are influenced by your passives?

Besides that they are, in fact, effected by passives. I got an additional ~60 Life when I accepted Oak's reward, which matched my +%Life bonuses at the time.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 1, 2013, 4:09:01 AM
Oh? Well then that is both interesting to know and disappointing to know, as I never exploited it for all it's worth :(

I'm curious if it is a bug that it is affected by passives or intentional as the quest reward description can mean either.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Just like all other flat bonuses, it benefits from percent-bonuses to the same attribute. It's intended to work with +%Life.

Why it didn't work correctly for Tarlom? No clue.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 1, 2013, 4:24:51 AM
Does the Mana buff also get influenced by %Mana buffs?Or do such buffs only exist for health and various damage types?
Computer specifications:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info