Hide topics - chrome extension

I felt there were too many threads that made these forums a sour place to visit, so I made a chrome extension that can hide topics. If anyone else has the same need, you can download the extension here:

http://bayfiles.net/file/1cD7O/AGW492/hidetopics.zip

The extension is a simple javascript that you can install as a chrome extension. Here's how to install it

1. Unpack the zip file (Zip contains a folder with files: manifest.json, icon.png, hidetopics.js)
2. Type in "chrome://extensions/" in the chrome address bar
3. Click "Developer mode"
4. Click "Load unpacked extensions"
5. Locate the folder you put the files in, in step 1.

The script will only operate on pathofexile.com. This can be changed in line 9 in the "manifest.json" file.

To hide a topic, hold down Control (Ctrl) and mouse over the status icon next to the thread title. This will only hide the title of the thread. Holding down Control again will reveal the thread title again, so you can toggle on and off.

---------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions are welcome. Also, if anyone wants the raw code or don't want to download the above zip file, I can post the code here and you can save your own files.
Last edited by puviel on Apr 24, 2014, 12:00:06 AM
Thanks for letting me know!

The zip file should only contain the files so I assume the unzipping program created a folder for you. I will make it clearer in the instructions though.

Regarding your suggestion to hide the poster, do you wish to hide all posts from that particular poster, or do you just want to hide the name of the original poster?
"
When you unzip it, it automatically creates a subdirectory, so I have hidetopics/hidetopics. Bit confusing for some, perhaps.

That aside, works nicely. Is it possible to also hide the original poster? Usually that's the big red flag for me.

Forgive me, but I was completely wrong earlier. I did indeed put a folder in the zip. Thanks again.
"
No worries, thanks for your effort! If you could have it hide everything from a given user, that'd be grand. Ignarsoll did something similar but I find your work more comprehensive.

I have now made a script that hides all posts from a particular user, or any user that you put on a 'ban list'. Let me know if you are interested in it and I will make an extension of it. Also, if you can let me know how you want to add names to a 'ban list' I can customize it for you. Right now I set it to right clicking a name on the forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info